ADVERTISEMENT

One Shining Moment: IU's 2019-2020 Season

Do real fans make fawning videos over teams that failed to ever make an NCAA tournament, let alone accomplish anything significant? Nauseates me. Speaking as a fan of IU...
Well... NO team made the NCAA tournament this year (this video is for this year's team). Didn't accomplish ANYTHING significant? 20 wins - significant. Five wins over ranked opponents - significant. No, they certainly didn't set the world on fire, but to claim they did nothing significant shows that you are NOT speaking as a fan of IU.

Good job. Won't apologies for the losers, takers, scratchers who spew on here every once in while while their wife or boyfriend cleans their toilet stains.

Reactions: Radio Zero
Well... NO team made the NCAA tournament this year (this video is for this year's team). Didn't accomplish ANYTHING significant? 20 wins - significant. Five wins over ranked opponents - significant. No, they certainly didn't set the world on fire, but to claim they did nothing significant shows that you are NOT speaking as a fan of IU.
Are you saying he’s not a real fan? Cereally, dude?

Are you saying he’s not a real fan? Cereally, dude?
I have no issues with people stating that IU didn't play to their expectations. I have no issue when people are disappointed with the results of this past year's team. I understand when people have frustrations with Archie. But when someone says the team didn't accomplish anything significant when the team obviously did... that shows some serious anti-IU bias, wouldn't you think?

I have no issues with people stating that IU didn't play to their expectations. I have no issue when people are disappointed with the results of this past year's team. I understand when people have frustrations with Archie. But when someone says the team didn't accomplish anything significant when the team obviously did... that shows some serious anti-IU bias, wouldn't you think?
I’m not sure.

I’m also not sure if “I’m not sure” is an answer that one can give on this board and remain a contributor in good standing. Pretty sure it’s at least a couple demerits, anyway.

EDIT. “... that one ...”

Reactions: speroni

If you want to celebrate mediocrity and failure, have at it. I will celebrate the teams that earned it by winning championships or overachieving like the ‘02 Final Four team. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Also, kiss my a$$.

If you want to celebrate mediocrity and failure, have at it. I will celebrate the teams that earned it by winning championships or overachieving like the ‘02 Final Four team. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. Also, kiss my a$$.
Classy. And good job refuting what I actually said - as opposed to what I did not say.

Also! Being steadily and thoroughly mediocre is its own achievement. You forgot that.

Another wonderful and classy refutation. A 20 win season and five wins over ranked opponents would be considered significant achievements by most any rational fan.

So every team that wins 20 games or makes the tournament accomplished something significant, even if they get bounced in the first round. Got it.

I’m guessing your mommy framed all those “effort awards” you got at your athletic banquets in high school...

So every team that wins 20 games or makes the tournament accomplished something significant, even if they get bounced in the first round. Got it.

I’m guessing your mommy framed all those “effort awards” you got at your athletic banquets in high school...
You really do have a knack for having no class. Kudos for you on that - at least you are consistent.

I suppose you don't find anything significant about winning five games against ranked opponents either. You obviously seem to view this team in completely negative and not at all balanced terms. Up to you. I can only hope your world view isn't as biased as your view towards IU basketball.

You obviously need to get in the last word, so have at it. I have no need to reply as you've already made your point and I've made mine. Of course, mine is based in reality while yours...

You really do have a knack for having no class. Kudos for you on that - at least you are consistent.

I suppose you don't find anything significant about winning five games against ranked opponents either. You obviously seem to view this team in completely negative and not at all balanced terms. Up to you. I can only hope your world view isn't as biased as your view towards IU basketball.

You obviously need to get in the last word, so have at it. I have no need to reply as you've already made your point and I've made mine. Of course, mine is based in reality while yours...

You have a knack for whining like a little *****, but I’m not going to belabor it. You attacked ME and said that I was not a real fan. Said that I was anti-IU. I don’t have to take that crap. If you knew me, you would feel like a fool right now.

Last edited:
You have a knack for whining like a little *****, but I’m not going to belabor it. You attacked ME and said that I was not a real fan. Said that I was anti-IU. I’m don’t have to take that crap. If you knew me, you would feel like a fool right now.

Just more bullshit from the zombie crew. Likes to cry about the program being down for 30 years then refuses to acknowledge anything good happening despite the last 30 years. Even if it’s just a dumb video.

you must cry while reading Snowling’s posts.

Thanks for putting this together. I enjoyed and it's something all the players would love to have as well.

The season had some nice wins, namely FSU and MSU.

we were 5-0 in conference play versus Minnesota, Nebraska, and NU. Those teams combined for a 30-64 overall record. They each had losing records.

we were 4-11 (0-8 on the road) against the rest of the B10,

it’s hard to know what would have happened to their season had things played out. Based off of actual results they underperformed my expectations. They did have a slightly better season than last year, but really all they had to do was show a pulse to exceed the 1-12 game collapse from last year. Frankly, those 12 games cloud my judgment from last year, and set the lowest of low bars for improvement.

even though this years team didn’t live up to my expectations, I’m feeling pretty good about next season, returning all 5 starters, lander and an improved Hunter and Race. 4 of our returning starters will be in their final year at IU (assuming TJD) and the other a junior. That is as veteran of a squad as Miller may ever have.

Song is bull crap.
They should have played "Paint It, Black". That song they played was too... I'm really not sure but I know I didn't like it when my Hoosiers are playing basketball.

I must say, it was nice to see the boys again. Such a cruel, abrupt end to the season...almost surreal, like... what's going on here? I really like that Franklin kid's shot in the video. He's got a serious look to his play and I think he's going to be getting more comfortable every year. Good play of strong cheer is in his future.

Thankfully we ended on a high note, lucky enough to whip some of 'dat Cornhusker ass. That last game was sweet and I really like to think we had more "juju" hidden in reserve. The lads did have spells of pretty good play on both sides of the ball. They played intensely there at the end for the most part. Well, that said, we'll never know now about our tourney hopes, but always in my heart...

Oh yeah, and seeing Archie arguing with his assistant is priceless. A lot of people went ape chit. Personally, I thought it was nothing to be ashamed of and I'm glad they showed again. I'd be mad, too, and it shows me Archie has a tiger in his tank, as they used to say..."And that's GREAT!"

My review:
"All in all, a nice video, but the music was a little sappy. Try cutting edge next time. That said, we do appreciate your efforts and thank you for the entertaining video." 3 out of 5 stars

Gosh, tonight was to be Selection Sunday....time of jubilation for Hoosier fans throughout Nation. I might have to watch that video again.

They should have played "Paint It, Black". That song they played was too... I'm really not sure but I know I didn't like it when my Hoosiers are playing basketball.

I must say, it was nice to see the boys again. Such a cruel, abrupt end to the season...almost surreal, like... what's going on here? I really like that Franklin kid's shot in the video. He's got a serious look to his play and I think he's going to be getting more comfortable every year. Good play of strong cheer is in his future.

Thankfully we ended on a high note, lucky enough to whip some of 'dat Cornhusker ass. That last game was sweet and I really like to think we had more "juju" hidden in reserve. The lads did have spells of pretty good play on both sides of the ball. They played intensely there at the end for the most part. Well, that said, we'll never know now about our tourney hopes, but always in my heart...

Oh yeah, and seeing Archie arguing with his assistant is priceless. A lot of people went ape chit. Personally, I thought it was nothing to be ashamed of and I'm glad they showed again. I'd be mad, too, and it shows me Archie has a tiger in his tank, as they used to say..."And that's GREAT!"

My review:
"All in all, a nice video, but the music was a little sappy. Try cutting edge next time. That said, we do appreciate your efforts and thank you for the entertaining video." 3 out of 5 stars

Gosh, tonight was to be Selection Sunday....time of jubilation for Hoosier fans throughout Nation. I might have to watch that video again.
I skipped most of what you wrote, but color me impressed that you included the comma in the song title.

“The ball is tipped.
A lead is lost. Devonte aims. A brick is tossed. And there he is. He’s coaching for his life. You’re pulling out your hair and maybe a knife. For one Hoosier moment you reach for the stars. For one Hoosier moment you realize it’s way too far.”

That's pretty funny. Boiler fans could write some of the same lyrics about a "brick being tossed," as we had a brutal shooting year.

“The ball is tipped.
A lead is lost. Devonte aims. A brick is tossed. And there he is. He’s coaching for his life. You’re pulling out your hair and maybe a knife. For one Hoosier moment you reach for the stars. For one Hoosier moment you realize it’s way too far.”

Good stuff! I used to make up new lyrics for songs in 6th grade too. Mine made more sense but included more fart jokes.

In all seriousness, did you really just spend time writing that dumb shit? WTF

“The ball is tipped.
That made me throw up in my mouth a little....You posted this? Wtf is wrong with you?

“The ball is tipped.
Holy shit that's depressing.

ADVERTISEMENT