ADVERTISEMENT

One million more jobs openings than unemployed workers in the US

Hoopsdoc1978

All-American
Apr 13, 2016
Epsom Indiana
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-u-s-has-1-million-more-job-openings-than-unemployed-workers/

U.S. employers posted nearly 7.6 million open jobs in January, near a record high set in November, a sign that businesses are still hungry for workers despite evidence the economy has slowed. There are now about 1 million more open jobs than unemployed workers.

The Labor Department said Friday that hiring also rose and the number of people quitting their jobs picked up. Quits are a sign of a healthy economy, because people typically leave a job for another, usually higher-paying, one. Openings began to outpace the unemployed last spring, for the first time in the 18 years the data has been tracked.

i'm starting a new tech company.

i need people who can invent apps that will bring in billions, and can work on straight commission and no benefits.

they can even work from home.

and i alone have 1 million openings for these jobs. (and can use even more).

so where are the takers, and why has our educational system failed me so.

i wonder how many posted job openings we'd have, if companies actually had to pay to post job openings in newspapers, trade journals, and such, like they used to, rather than just being able to post them for free on craigslist or other internet sites.

when you can post job openings for free, in every community in the country, at the touch of a button, without leaving your bedroom, it does change the dynamic of what really is a credible job opening and what isn't, and just how hard are you really looking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT