ADVERTISEMENT

Once again. Whats your day 1 rotation vs D2 ex opp.

GeorgeStrait IU

All-American
Apr 10, 2005
I’m gonna roll with
F: TJd
F: Race
F: Kopp
G: Parker
G: Xman

6-Phinisee. (sumthin to prove Dside of ball)
7- Durr
8- Geronimo
9- Bates/Lander
11-Galloway
12-Leal
13- Logan come along slowly.

Reactions: Beorik
I’m gonna roll with

7- Durr
8- Geronimo
9- Bates/Lander
11-Galloway
12-Leal

I like your starting lineup. Mine would be the same. I will say that off the bench there are some wildcards. How good Bates is coming in and how much Geronimo who has insane athleticism improves could both be hard to keep on the bench.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
Interesting you picked 3Fs and 2 Gs. I bet many would have done 3Gs.
I wonder if Kopp is viewed by CMW as a G.
He did say he felt Kopp could guard the 2, 3, and 4 spots.
I would love to have Geronimo play so well we are forced to play him.
One worry I have is Johnson’s personality. I have seen written, does not mean it is true, that he does not try on defense, ignores coaches, draws refs ire, and is less of a team player. If any of that is true, and I believe his coach last year said yes, he may be replaced by RP or even Bates.

Interesting you picked 3Fs and 2 Gs. I bet many would have done 3Gs.
I wonder if Kopp is viewed by CMW as a G.
He did say he felt Kopp could guard the 2, 3, and 4 spots.
I would love to have Geronimo play so well we are forced to play him.
One worry I have is Johnson’s personality. I have seen written, does not mean it is true, that he does not try on defense, ignores coaches, draws refs ire, and is less of a team player. If any of that is true, and I believe his coach last year said yes, he may be replaced by RP or even Bates.
If any of that is true, this staff will need to run it out of him. I don’t think they’ll tolerate any kind of silliness very long. (Unlike that last little guy)

TJD
kopp
Bates
Johnson
Phinisee

6-9
Durr
lander
Stewart
Leal

geronimo
galloway
dunscomb

If any of that is true, this staff will need to run it out of him. I don’t think they’ll tolerate any kind of silliness very long. (Unlike that last little guy)
You're making broad assumptions based on nothing.

I’m gonna roll with

7- Durr
8- Geronimo
9- Bates/Lander
11-Galloway
12-Leal
I don’t think that starting lineup is a bad guess. There will be some serious challenges coming from a few of the guys on the bench, but day 1, good guess. The guys who have been here don’t really have any advantage with the new coach, so they have to prove themselves just the same.

Reactions: GeorgeStrait IU
I don’t think that starting lineup is a bad guess. There will be some serious challenges coming from a few of the guys on the bench, but day 1, good guess. The guys who have been here don’t really have any advantage with the new coach, so they have to prove themselves just the same.
Your last sentence says it all. I can see Duncomb moving up easily in Feb/March.

Phinisee will play a lot.
You know this how? We are guessing as to starters, got guaranteeing anything, but Birnk you KNOW Phinisee will play a lot? Not unless he develops some kind of reliable outside shot and learns how to shoot free throws.

I doubt this will be the starting lineup...but this is how I would like to see it work out(assuming everyone is able to successfully fill their role)

TJD
Kopp
Stewart
Bates
Johnson

Race
Geronimo
Leal
Phinisee
Lander

This list is not in order of playing time. It is the lineups that I would love to be able to use to maximize everyone's strengths and keep both units somewhat balanced.

I doubt this will be the starting lineup...but this is how I would like to see it work out(assuming everyone is able to successfully fill their role)

TJD
Kopp
Stewart
Bates
Johnson

Race
Geronimo
Leal
Phinisee
Lander

This list is not in order of playing time. It is the lineups that I would love to be able to use to maximize everyone's strengths and keep both units somewhat balanced

TJD
Kopp
Stewart
Bates
Johnson

Race
Geronimo
Leal
Phinisee
Lander

This list is not in order of playing time. It is the lineups that I would love to be able to use to maximize everyone's strengths and keep both units somewhat balanced.
The fact that it is basically a whole new coaching staff , makes me think the lineup is wide open. After Trace I think every position is up for grabs , and that should push each player to work his tail off to get playing time . However If Trace comes in thinking he doesn’t have to play hard then he might find some pine time also . I don’t see that happening , but this staff will hold players accountable .

Reactions: LifeLong_IU77
ADVERTISEMENT