ADVERTISEMENT

On to Minnesota

edub72

Junior
Jan 17, 2018
Had a great chance and couldn’t get it done. Have to beat Minnesota & Wisconsin at home to make the BIG dance. Hoosiers control their destiny. Sad that we are trying to squeeze into NCAA. My have times changed

Had a great chance and couldn’t get it done. Have to beat Minnesota & Wisconsin at home to make the BIG dance. Hoosiers control their destiny. Sad that we are trying to squeeze into NCAA. My have times changed
The Wisconsin game will determine our fate this year and possibly Archie as well.

Reactions: bailey777
edub72 said:

The Wisconsin game will determine our fate this year and possibly Archie as well.
[/quote]
LOL! Nope. Archie is very safe.

Reactions: ufo33
LOL! Nope. Archie is very safe.

I’m sure that Archie is very safe and he’s got a few more losses to close out this season. His teams are always good for dropping a couple more turds to close out the year.

Close enough. The only ones who played for crean are green and davis. Thats it
Smith and Durham signed to play for Crean. Miller re-recruited Durham so you can Judge him for that--but Smith never reopened his recruitment or asked out of his LOI. Smith is purely a Crean guy.

Smith and Durham signed to play for Crean. Miller re-recruited Durham so you can Judge him for that--but Smith never reopened his recruitment or asked out of his LOI. Smith is purely a Crean guy.
Whatever your have this narrative if they are so horrible why do people want them back? How did archie go 9-9 in year one with all these horrible awful crean players? Just curious . If what you claim is true any player who had anything to do with crean should leave so we can have a our issues cured

Whatever your have this narrative if they are so horrible why do people want them back? How did archie go 9-9 in year one with all these horrible awful crean players? Just curious . If what you claim is true any player who had anything to do with crean should leave so we can have a our issues cured
Because seniors are usually better than freshmen.

Because the BIG sucked in 2018.

All I said was that it hasn't been three years yet, and Smith, at least, is a Crean recruit.

But, we'll be better next year without Green and Davis. Sorry if that bothers you.

Because seniors are usually better than freshmen.

Because the BIG sucked in 2018.

All I said was that it hasn't been three years yet, and Smith, at least, is a Crean recruit.

But, we'll be better next year without Green and Davis. Sorry if that bothers you.
Lol i knew you would say that. You must live your life full of constant excuses and i dont. You deal with the hand your dealt but i assume you dont like the hand you have been dealt cause yoy rationaluze every loss, etc.

Now that you mention it, I think that's right about Smith...but he did re-recruit Durham and Cliff Moore. Why?

Now that you mention it, I think that's right about Smith...but he did re-recruit Durham and Cliff Moore. Why?
Ask Miller, I dunno. Moore had a fairly high ranking. Durham didn't but he also wasn't rated much worse than our other options at that point...we probably would have gotten McKinley Wright if Al walks. But, then we may miss on Phin, which might cause us to miss Romeo, TJD, and Lander. Who knows. Easier to worry about the future than dwell on what ifs.

Reactions: T.M.P.
Lol i knew you would say that. You must live your life full of constant excuses and i dont. You deal with the hand your dealt but i assume you dont like the hand you have been dealt cause yoy rationaluze every loss, etc.
So, as I understand it, you believe that my opinion on Archie Miller gives you insight into the circumstances of my life. Is that right?

You should assume a little less often.

Two reasons: 1) it was already well in to Spring when he was hired; who's he going to get to replace guys at that point? 2) I think he was trying to do the right thing and show a commitment to players that had already made a commitment to the school and program. It could undermine you as a Coach quickly if you walked in and booted 2-3 guys without really even knowing them. This happens with every coaching change: usually some guys reopen their recruitment or indicate they may think of transferring, and part of the new coaches first task is to meet with them and reassure them. It's rare that they actually encourage guys to leave, ala Gelon. The only logical argument would be, if he didn't like them after the first year, why didn't he encourage them to leave then?

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Literally just got an update on my phone from the ESPN app while reading this thread that still has us as one of the last 4 in. I think that means these next 2 games are MUST WINS and we would need to win at least one game in the Big 10 tournament to remain in.

Two reasons: 1) it was already well in to Spring when he was hired; who's he going to get to replace guys at that point? 2) I think he was trying to do the right thing and show a commitment to players that had already made a commitment to the school and program. It could undermine you as a Coach quickly if you walked in and booted 2-3 guys without really even knowing them. This happens with every coaching change: usually some guys reopen their recruitment or indicate they may think of transferring, and part of the new coaches first task is to meet with them and reassure them. It's rare that they actually encourage guys to leave, ala Gelon. The only logical argument would be, if he didn't like them after the first year, why didn't he encourage them to leave then?
So why didn’t he move them along after the first year?

Literally just got an update on my phone from the ESPN app while reading this thread that still has us as one of the last 4 in. I think that means these next 2 games are MUST WINS and we would need to win at least one game in the Big 10 tournament to remain in.
If I were gambling I bet we're in with winning the next two regardless of how we perform in the BTT. That would put us at 10-10 in conf.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT