ADVERTISEMENT

On the Road

Songs for those who are on the road a lot, like me. I think I have been on the road since I was 13y.o:

Last edited:
I'd put this in the category of CLASSIC...

You wanna talk genius? Has there ever been a female songwriter as amazing as Joni?

She wrote the songs on Hejira (literally means exodus or migration) on a car trip from Maine to LA. This is an incredible performance of Amelia, in front of some 70,000 fans at Wembley in 1983. Amazing lyrics...

A ghost of aviation
She was swallowed by the sky
Or by the sea, like me she had a dream to fly
Like Icarus ascending
On beautiful foolish arms
Amelia, it was just a false alarm
Maybe I've never really loved
I guess that is the truth
I've spent my whole life in clouds at icy altitude
And looking down on everything
I crashed into his arms
I pulled into the Cactus Tree Motel
To shower off the dust
And I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust
I dreamed of 747's
Over geometric farms
Dreams, Amelia, dreams and false alarms

Reactions: largemouth
You wanna talk genius? Has there ever been a female songwriter as amazing as Joni?

She wrote the songs on Hejira (literally means exodus or migration) on a car trip from Maine to LA. This is an incredible performance of Amelia, in front of some 70,000 fans at Wembley in 1983. Amazing lyrics...

A ghost of aviation
She was swallowed by the sky
Or by the sea, like me she had a dream to fly
Like Icarus ascending
On beautiful foolish arms
Maybe I've never really loved
I guess that is the truth
I've spent my whole life in clouds at icy altitude
And looking down on everything
I crashed into his arms
I pulled into the Cactus Tree Motel
To shower off the dust
And I slept on the strange pillows of my wanderlust
I dreamed of 747's
Over geometric farms
Dreams, Amelia, dreams and false alarms

A few travel classics from Jackson Browne. Life on the Road...with amazing support vocals from Rosemary Butler and even David Lindley

Life as a journey-live from No Nukes...

The end of the road

Reactions: largemouth
A few travel classics from Jackson Browne. Life on the Road...with amazing support vocals from Rosemary Butler and even David Lindley

Life as a journey-live from No Nukes...

The end of the road

Another classic. Just saw a video of Linda Ronstadt performing this in Atlanta and she talks about how she briefly fell in love with Lowell (not knowing he was attached) after hearing him singing at a club in Atlanta

Another classic. Just saw a video of Linda Ronstadt performing this in Atlanta and she talks about how she briefly fell in love with Lowell (not knowing he was attached) after hearing him singing at a club in Atlanta

Danny Okeefe wrote this classic song about life as a traveler in the world of RockNRoll. Jackson Browne gave it renewed meaning on the Running On Empty album. Love the mid-song transition from the hotel room to the stage, and as usual the brilliance of David Lindley

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT