ADVERTISEMENT

On the bright side Trump aced the dementia test

82hoosier

All-American
Sep 7, 2001
Near the end of my mom's life she was beginning to show signs of some impaired judgement. She had trouble with cooking, writing, math, and driving. She would occasionally forget one of my sisters names or details such as where I was born.

She took the exact same cognitive reasoning exam that Trump is so proud of passing. Count backwards from 100 by 7s. Draw the face of a clock and put in the hours. Draw in the minute an hour hand so that the time reads 10 minutes of 11:00. She got the last one wrong.

An ex- nurse in her early 80s , she knew the test she was taking was intended to measure her cognitive decline. She commented that she was just happy that her husband was there to take care of her while she was getting stupid . Our president is bragging that he passed the same test.

Last edited:
Near the end of my mom's life she was beginning to show signs of some impaired judgement. She had trouble with cooking, writing, math, and driving. She would have casually forget one of my sisters names or details such as where I was born.

She took the exact same cognitive raising reasoning exam that Trump is so proud of passing. Count backwards from 100 by 7s. Draw the face of a clock and put in the hours. Draw in the minute an hour hand so that the time reads 10 minutes of 11:00. She got the last one wrong.

An ex- nurse in her early 80s , she knew the test that she was you was taking was intended to measure her cognitive decline. She was very disappointed and embarrassed said she had troubles with some of the questions and commented that she was just happy that her husband was there to take care of her while she was getting stupid . Our president is bragging that he passed the same test.

Normally, we could just say "that's Trump. He always exaggerates. It's the best ever...no one has ever.., etc., etc." But watching the interview you realize that Trump truly believes that Chris Wallace couldn't answer the final questions. Trump actually believes this exam is some kind of IQ test and his passing makes him some kind of genius. It's extraordinary that Trump was elected. He is by far the most incapable POTUS in our history. This is the test.

Normally, we could just say "that's Trump. He always exaggerates. It's the best ever...no one has ever.., etc., etc." But watching the interview you realize that Trump truly believes that Chris Wallace couldn't answer the final questions. Trump actually believes this exam is some kind of IQ test and his passing makes him some kind of genius. It's extraordinary that Trump was elected. He is by far the most incapable POTUS in our history. This is the test.

You ever hear of a man named James Buchanan?

"I took it at Walter Reed Medical Center in front of doctors and they were very surprised. They said, ‘That’s an unbelievable thing. Rarely does anyone do what you just did.’ ”

Nobody could believe that he could identify an elephant, sort out colors by name, or count by sevens.

That stuff is HARD, for a Trump.

You ever hear of a man named James Buchanan?

He said most incapable, not worst. These may be trying times but Buchanan and Johnson were president during a more frightening and divisive time, before and after the Civil War, so their mistakes were magnified.

I laughed when he said even the doctors said they were surprised he did so well.

He doesn't realize that he sounds like a idiot when he tries to pump himself up.
Yes. He assumed the doctors thought he had scored higher than the general population but I think the doctors were shocked that he wasn't as stupid or incompetent as he acts.

I am 83 years of age and pass the same test each year with 10 out of 10. Doesn't make me mentally competent to be president. Then there is the emotional component to be considered along with other factors.

One of the 10 questions is name the U.S. president.

P.S. Same questions each year. Easy to prep for if necessary.

Last edited:
Did Donald ever plagiarize a law review article and then admit that he was too stupid to understand the rules of citation?

Reactions: ribbont
Do you really want to start making a ledger? Really?

I'm just saying the question is never whether the current guy is doing a good job or not. The question is whether the alternative would be any better. Before COVID our economy was on fire, ISIS was largely defeated, and he never started any stupid wars. The worst thing he had done was probably saying something stupid on Twitter. No Obamacare, no Iraq, etc. You can argue that he could've handled COVID better but I just disagree.

I'm just saying the question is never whether the current guy is doing a good job or not. The question is whether the alternative would be any better. Before COVID our economy was on fire, ISIS was largely defeated, and he never started any stupid wars. The worst thing he had done was probably saying something stupid on Twitter. No Obamacare, no Iraq, etc. You can argue that he could've handled COVID better but I just disagree.
I'm going to give you the Juan Williams op-ed that twenty posted elsewhere:

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-h...we-must-not-become-numb-to-trumps-abnormality

Normal?

How about a summer in which Americans are not allowed to travel to Canada or Europe? Seriously. That’s due to President Trump’s failure to halt the high rate of coronavirus infections in the United States.

That’s not normal.

Is it normal for an American president to stand in the White House Rose Garden and begin ranting? Trump said if presumptive Democratic nominee Joe Biden wins this year’s election, Biden will do away with the suburbs and windows.

Yes, he really said that.

There is so much that is not normal at the Trump White House that Rachel Maddow, the MSNBC host, recently spent an entire segment reading off a stunning list of scandalous acts now accepted as normal in the Trump era.

Is it normal, she asked, that Trump “put his son’s wedding planner in charge of federal housing in the northeastern United States ... fired one inspector general who was investigating the secretary of State ... advertised his wife’s jewelry line on the White House website?"

Any of the Trump scandals, Maddow said, would have amounted to “the biggest scandal to ever afflict any other presidency — but by virtue of the sheer number of scandals that surround [Trump] like flies around a pigpen ... [they] have just become part of what we expect, right?”

And it keeps going. Here’s an example from last week.

“The Trump Administration lifted a ban on sales of [gun] silencers to private overseas buyers that was intended to protect U.S. troops from ambushes,” The New York Times reported.

And there’s an eye-opening kicker to that tale.

The Times reported the ban was lifted as a result of strenuous lobbying by a lawyer currently working in the Trump White House. That lawyer previously worked for a firearms group. Now, firearms companies might make $250 million a year in potential sales overseas, the story noted.

That’s definitely a huge scandal in any other administration, sure to stir outrage from defenders of the American military.

It’s just another day in the Trump presidency.

But what about the obvious conflict of interest in that episode?

Well, it is hard to get attention for that argument.

Why?

As the Times explained, Trump’s Cabinet features “a former coal lobbyist as administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency, a former lobbyist for the defense contractor Raytheon Technologies as defense secretary, a lobbyist for the auto industry at the helm of the Energy Department and a former oil and gas lobbyist as interior secretary.”

This administration is a gusher of conflicts of interest.

That’s why it is easy to become numb to the Trump administration crossing red lines that define normal, ethical behavior by people at the highest level of government.

At this point you might be scandal fatigued. You might agree that it is bad but excuse it as not the end of the world. But then you find out there is more.

How about the attorney general pressuring career prosecutors to recommend a lighter sentence for Roger Stone, an old friend of the president who had been convicted of lying to Congress?

Yes, Attorney General William Barr twisted the arm of federal prosecutors to take it easy on Stone on the basis of “political considerations,” according to congressional testimony from an assistant U.S. attorney, Aaron Zelinsky.

Then Trump took it to the next level. He commuted Stone’s sentence.

Even the conservative editors of National Review couldn’t swallow that one. They wrote that “Trump’s handling of the matter is indefensible. It is another indication of his perverse, highly personalized view of the criminal justice system.”

“An American president commutes the sentence of a person convicted by a jury of lying to shield that very president,” is the way Sen. Mitt Romney (R- Utah) described the astonishing act. He summed it up as an act of “unprecedented, historic corruption.”

While that was taking place, the attorney general also looks to have been trying to help another of the president’s friends get out of legal trouble.

In that case, Barr tried to force out the prosecutor reportedly investigating the president’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani. Barr wanted to install a new U.S. attorney with no experience as a criminal prosecutor.

Geoffrey Berman, who was the Trump-appointed U.S. attorney in Manhattan, told Congress that Barr made him an unseemly offer if he agreed to quit.

Berman testified that Barr told him he could take over the civil rights division of the Justice Department but really use his time to build up a “book of business,” or list of clients that could help him get a big payday when he took a job at a private law firm.

Now that is a scandal in any other administration. But, again, it is just another day in the Trump presidency.

After all, this is the attorney general who ordered federal troops to use chemical agents and smoke bombs against Americans protesting police brutality. Why? So, the president could create a photo-op. Really.

This is not normal.

The ACA was a bigger achievement than anything Trump has done. The economy was growing before he took office. I won’t get into all the stupid stuff he’s said and done, but his achievements are virtually non existent

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
I am 83 years of age and pass the same test each year with 10 out of 10. Doesn't make me mentally competent to be president. Then there is the emotional component to be considered along with other factors.

Would liberals and progressives answer, "It's really Hillary Clinton but..... lol Good for you being 83. I am not sure I will get up to that high of a number. Be safe.

Reactions: hoot1 and Lucy01
And Biden was on record in early Feb in a NH town hall basically saying the COVID was a big nothing burger while denouncing Trump's racist travel ban. And to me this is more of a local problem. What was stopping the governor's of FL, TX, AZ, etc from months ago requiring face masks in public, closing down the beaches and restaurants, etc? Did Trump put a spell on them?

....The worst thing he had done was probably saying something stupid on Twitter. No Obamacare, no Iraq, etc. You can argue that he could've handled COVID better but I just disagree.

no coherent policies on virtually anything,
Trashed the environment,
adandoned our aliies,
built three miles of new border fence with taxpayers paying out the wazoo,
incited racist attitudes toward immigration,
inflamed racial tension with African Americans,
emboldened Nazis and right-wing nutjobs,
couldn't even bring himself to support comprehensive background checks for gun purchases,
incited hate vs. LGBTQ community,
clung to Confederate statues like a stupid moron,
ran up the debt like crazy,
unable to pass any meaningful policies other than through executive order,
ranted on and on and on about lightbulbs and showerheads like an old man yelling at a cloud,
stocked the swamp with unprecedented corruption,
cared more about golf and Fox news than his job,
wants you to inject disinfectant, you know, like a cleaning

this is about 10% of the list

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill4411
And Biden was on record in early Feb in a NH town hall basically saying the COVID was a big nothing burger while denouncing Trump's racist travel ban. And to me this is more of a local problem. What was stopping the governor's of FL, TX, AZ, etc from months ago requiring face masks in public, closing down the beaches and restaurants, etc? Did Trump put a spell on them?
I hear what you're saying, and i know very little about the constitution, federalism, etc., but the first role of government is to protect. that's why i have zero issue with the feds coming in and cleaning up places like portland. you cannot have tens of millions of dollars in destruction to peoples' businesses and property. if the local gov is too inept or politicized to do something i want the feds there. tailor where they can march, limit the hours, and arrest those that don't comply.

similarly many states have proven completely inept at protecting its citizens from the virus. i'd much rather have a national plan imposed than leaving it up to failing governors.

because the former excites trump politically he's willing to do so; the latter not so much...

the caveat is to the extent these actions comport with the feds prescribed powers/reach.

... denouncing Trump's racist travel ban.

BS

Biden has not directly said, ever, that the restrictions were xenophobic. Around the time the Trump administration announced the travel restriction, Biden said that Trump had a “record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering.” Biden used the phrase “xenophobic” in reply to a Trump tweet about limiting entry to travelers from China and in which he described the coronavirus as the “Chinese virus.” Biden did not spell out which part of Trump’s tweet was xenophobic.

Trump’s statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...xenophobicrsquo-for-china-travel-restrictions

Why is no one asking why Trump took that test? I’m still curious about his sudden visit to Walter Reed that was mentioned as part of his routine physical.

Reactions: brianiu

Proof of my theory that Trump supporters can’t be sane or intelligent.

Reactions: Morrison
Proof of my theory that Trump supporters can’t be sane or intelligent.

I recommend you start your own thread about all this crap. You will find at least half a dozen supporters from this board and then you can form your own mutual masturbation society.

Did Donald ever plagiarize a law review article and then admit that he was too stupid to understand the rules of citation?

In your question alone you used TWO words Trump doesn't know the meaning of "plagiarize" and "citation", as well as an act he is incapable of performing (writing an article). Much less reading well enough that he could actually plagiarize any source or cite anything...

Strange you're so upset about Biden plagiarizing a paper, but don't seem to attach the same revulsion to Trump actually participating in Housing discrimination against minorities, and being caught in the act by a DOJ sting. Again the problem with trying to accuse Biden of doing anything negative or untoward is that the opposition is Donald Trump. There is NOTHING you can claim about Biden that I can't show you a worse example in Trump's history. There just isn't...

BS

Biden has not directly said, ever, that the restrictions were xenophobic. Around the time the Trump administration announced the travel restriction, Biden said that Trump had a “record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering.” Biden used the phrase “xenophobic” in reply to a Trump tweet about limiting entry to travelers from China and in which he described the coronavirus as the “Chinese virus.” Biden did not spell out which part of Trump’s tweet was xenophobic.

Trump’s statement contains an element of truth but ignores critical facts that would give a different impression. We rate it Mostly False.

https://www.statesman.com/news/2020...xenophobicrsquo-for-china-travel-restrictions

That's Trump's schtick. He makes an inconsequential verifiable fact in his statements and then proceeds to wrap it with 90% lies.

He is a genius in that way -- conning folks. Its an art/craft. Nobody does that -- not even the folks I disagree with in the WC.... well, maybe one exception. :rolleyes:

My question is how and why did he become this way? At which point in his formative years did he develop this approach to communication with people outside his bubble? It had to be after University. There he is no way he could have got away with writing any papers for his classes unless creative writing but I would doubt he would have signed up for that one.

Its a shame the Mary Trump book didn't dive into this -- but I assume that would be some longitudinal study.

Last edited:
Meanwhile 160 years later Donald Trump is trying to preserve the Confederate flag and Confederate monuments. Buchanon looked the other way as a nation was split in two. And now Donald Trump fans the flames to once again divide the nation.

Your party is the one setting police cars of fire, looting stores, tearing down statues of Lincoln, Washington, and Jefferson. Seems like they are the one trying to divide us.

Meanwhile 160 years later Donald Trump is trying to preserve the Confederate flag and Confederate monuments. Buchanon looked the other way as a nation was split in two. And now Donald Trump fans the flames to once again divide the nation.

I don't think he has the slightest clue, let alone concern, that the nation is being split in two. How would thinking of that kind of stuff benefit his ego?

That's Trump's schtick. He makes an inconsequential verifiable fact in his statements and then proceeds to wrap it with 90% lies.

He is a genius in that way -- conning folks. Its an art/craft. Nobody does that -- not even the folks I disagree with in the WC.... well, maybe one exception. :rolleyes:

My question is how and why did he become this way? At which point in his formative years did he develop this approach to communication with people outside his bubble? It had to be after University. There he is no way he could have got away with writing any papers for his classes unless creative writing but I would doubt he would have signed up for that one.

Its a shame the Mary Trump book didn't dive into this -- but I assume that would be some longitudinal study.
How rump was molded into the egomaniacal sociopath we see today isn't relevant. Is he the worst president ever or is it Buchanan? Irrelevant. Has Biden done things that aren't on the up and up; maybe/probably. Irrelevant.

Rump is a threat to democracy and the country. Full stop. The only question at this point is who are the morons that are trying to justify his abhorrent behavior and their support of him. They are the real virus, rump is the resulting boil.

Your party is the one setting police cars of fire, looting stores, tearing down statues of Lincoln, Washington, and Jefferson. Seems like they are the one trying to divide us.
I'm registered as an independent and have been since 1976.

Last edited:
There's a reason no one can get at his transcripts.

If you have the cognitive ability to recognize that you should prepare for the Montreal Cognitive Ability Test, they should give you points for that, too.

Reactions: cosmickid and hoot1
If you have the cognitive ability to recognize that you should prepare for the Montreal Cognitive Ability Test, they should give you points for that, too.

Stuffie, the test to which I am accustomed to taking may not represent the same test which our president took.

I say this after checking out the Montreal Cognitive Ability Test to which you referred. My recollection tells me it was a ten question test and the MCAB has thirty questions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT