ADVERTISEMENT

Olympics thread

Jalen Rose wants to talk about Kevin Love being the token white player being selected to this year's team. (Obviously, he's not playing).
John Thompson started that trend 30+ years ago with that '88 team.

Dan Majerle if you're wondering....
That is kind of what I meant without saying. Like no white guys ever wanted to play for Georgetown?

Reactions: Excellent Post
First Dream Team did have some merits as well, those guys took it seriously . Maybe not Bob Knight 84 level but seriously. I think the downfall was 88 and I never cared for Thompson, he was a bully in a different way than Knight and too stubborn to coach to what he had vs his way of playing which I always found dirty.
Oh yes, a Jordan led team would need to take it seriously. The ‘92 Dream Team was the greatest basketball team ever assembled and that will always be the case. Practically everyone on that team made the HOF. Knight coached the greatest amateur Olympic team ever, which had several ‘92 team members on it.

The men’s US basketball team got smoked by France! Just shows what happens when you have a WOKE Coach!
Probably has a female assistant coach!
Our guys didn't play hard as in diving for loose balls.

Way worse from the perspective of a patriotic fan than kneeling during the national anthem.

Besides soccer it seems the women are more appreciative in general than the men? I know the world loves soccer but if we are really talking about a boring sport? 90 minutes of running around to score once or twice? I love when they come scurrying out with the stretcher for a scratch. Makes NBA look serious about injuries!

Our guys didn't play hard as in diving for loose balls.

Way worse from the perspective of a patriotic fan than kneeling during the national anthem.
I was never an Allen Iverson fan , but will say the year the pros got beat first time , He was the one guy that was going flat out the rest of them seemed to care less and I did respect that about him.

Skateboarding is awesome and they should have left it out of the Olympics. I’m not sure what it’s accomplishing besides upsetting the old, fat, golf course demographic.

Last edited:
Reactions: larsIU
Here's a brilliant idea, from Bill Murray.

0f2e6b41ab7363f5525559ab544600d8.jpg

Here's a brilliant idea, from Bill Murray.

0f2e6b41ab7363f5525559ab544600d8.jpg
i love that so much. it's called polo bulk. my old boss played polo for tim gannon's outback steakhouse team. tommy lee jones was on the team. each team was comprised of super fit, uber talented professional argentines mixed with fat, old, uber rich amateur americans who just sat on the horse and got in pictures. most ridiculous shit i've ever watched

To be clear, the AP article isn't exactly forthcoming, it could be both.
One of the articles said that right after a vault is when she talked with one of the trainers. That indicates a physical rather than a mental issue.

One of the articles said that right after a vault is when she talked with one of the trainers. That indicates a physical rather than a mental issue.
The truth is we don't know what is going on. Her twitter post afterwards indicates it could be a mental issue. Whatever the case, let's hope she is ready to go Thursday.

It's easy to say she's soft, etc. But I don't know too much about the situation nor what her physical or mental state of mind is. But if she's soft what does that say about me missing 6 footers on the green for nothing more than a beer after a round.

yup sounding mental. hopefully she can regroup
The thing is. If she competes Thursday, which all signs point to her doing. She has only heightened the scrutiny that will be on her.

I hope she wins like we all do, she is the face of the games this year, and I can't pretend to understand that kind of pressure. But her pedestal is largely self constructed. It would be a great moment if she takes Gold in the all around.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
But her pedestal is largely self constructed.
Is it? While she certainly has taken advantage financially of the opportunities she's earned, I don't put her in the "look at me" camp. She seems rather apolitical for the times (I'm sure she's backed some efforts) but she's not leading the charge. I give her credit for helping put Nasser away as well and helping to, somewhat, reform USA gynmastics.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT