ADVERTISEMENT

Olivier Saar from Wake Forrest.....

Tru2Irish

Junior
Aug 2, 2013
7'0 center. Averaged 13 and 8. Scored 30 and 18 on ND in 2 meetings. Might be a good one for CAM to go after as a big. Much more athletic than Brunk.

Reactions: kkott
7'0 center. Averaged 13 and 8. Scored 30 and 18 on ND in 2 meetings. Might be a good one for CAM to go after as a big. Much more athletic than Brunk.

Guys going to be coveted by everybody especially Kentucky who doesn't have a player taller than 6'8 on their roster. Guessing he gets an immediate waiver considering his old coach was fired.

Guys going to be coveted by everybody especially Kentucky who doesn't have a player taller than 6'8 on their roster. Guessing he gets an immediate waiver considering his old coach was fired.
If he's immediately eligible, he definitely fills a need for IU. If Miller thinks he's a good fit with the team, I hope he's reached out to him.

Hey why not one year this guy has improve every year, big blue all way go over board cause their special! lol

It appears that Kentucky has five 5 stars coming in including 2 6’9 forwards. It’s pretty easy to look up.

It appears that Kentucky has five 5 stars coming in including 2 6’9 forwards. It’s pretty easy to look up.
but cal only has one title in 11 years so much for 5 stars coming in, but i know their special! lol you don't sound like much of a I.U. fan

Reactions: hoosier48
but cal only has one title in 11 years so much for 5 stars coming in, but i know their special! lol you don't sound like much of a I.U. fan

I’d take the Kentucky method, and results, over the last 20-25 years over what we’ve been through.

But I wouldn’t choose, now, to head down that path. Legal, or illegal, doesn’t matter. Turning over an entire roster nearly every single season, 2 seasons MAX, just isn’t interesting to me.

Reactions: bsmitty08
I’d take the Kentucky method, and results, over the last 20-25 years over what we’ve been through.

But I wouldn’t choose, now, to head down that path. Legal, or illegal, doesn’t matter. Turning over an entire roster nearly every single season, 2 seasons MAX, just isn’t interesting to me.
Such a cop out BS excuse. All IU fans would be thrilled if we had half their success.

Only 1? We don’t have “only” 1 title in the last 30 years. And you really honesty don’t see the hypocrisy.

I see Cal as a refined version of Crean. His floor is much higher than Creans, just because of the sheer talent he brings in. But his truly elite teams are far too infrequent for the level of talent he brings in. He’s had what, 2, title favorites come tourney time since he got to Lexington. One won, lost one. That just doesn’t add up with the talent he lands. So he’s either a chitty coach...or the philosophy he uses to manage his rosters just isn’t working. If Nattys are his goal that is.

As I said above, I’d take his results and methods over our results the the last 20 years or so, looking backwards. But looking forward, I’d never choose to have IU ran the way we runs UK. As there’s always hope that someone will be able to win big with multi year guys. Like Jay Wright, or Tony Bennett, heck even Ole Roy wins with upperclassmen when he wins big.

Only 1? We don’t have “only” 1 title in the last 30 years. And you really honesty don’t see the hypocrisy.
Cal getting the best player ever year an only one title we had a coach who could recruit but couldn't coach a lick!

Such a cop out BS excuse. All IU fans would be thrilled if we had half their success.

Half? Not sure how to quantify that? Half the wins? No. Half the NCAA bids? No. Half the Final Fours? Ehh, maybe. How do you split an NCAA title in half? Only half way enjoying it because it was all freshmen that weren’t actually students?

Reactions: hoosier48 and ams66

I’m sure Archie has reached out. But as many have said, a guy like this will have A LOT of suitors. No clue how his skills jive with Archies program. And if the role we’d have for him, would put him in the best possible draft position. Which is what a 7’ double double guy like him will likely be looking for.

I see Cal as a refined version of Crean. His floor is much higher than Creans, just because of the sheer talent he brings in. But his truly elite teams are far too infrequent for the level of talent he brings in. He’s had what, 2, title favorites come tourney time since he got to Lexington. One won, lost one. That just doesn’t add up with the talent he lands. So he’s either a chitty coach...or the philosophy he uses to manage his rosters just isn’t working. If Nattys are his goal that is.

As I said above, I’d take his results and methods over our results the the last 20 years or so, looking backwards. But looking forward, I’d never choose to have IU ran the way we runs UK. As there’s always hope that someone will be able to win big with multi year guys. Like Jay Wright, or Tony Bennett, heck even Ole Roy wins with upperclassmen when he wins big.
stop talking basketball delete your account

Reactions: Deli owl
Cal getting the best player ever year an only one title we had a coach who could recruit but couldn't coach a lick!
EQxaQ4FXYAAQhCI.jpg

Reactions: Deli owl
stop talking basketball delete your account

Why? There are a bunch of programs I’d love for IU to emulate, and get the results they’ve gotten. I can say, without any doubts, that Kentucky isn’t one of them.

Tip of the cap though to Calipari for that poster thing you sent. Though it’s getting a little stale, since he hasn’t really done much of anything since Coach K decided to take the Calipari route. It’s all rare air for an IU fan...and sounds like sour grapes, I know. But give me the Izzo model, the Jay Wright model, the Tony Bennett model...and that’s where I’d be most excited about IU getting good again.

Why? There are a bunch of programs I’d love for IU to emulate, and get the results they’ve gotten. I can say, without any doubts, that Kentucky isn’t one of them.

Tip of the cap though to Calipari for that poster thing you sent. Though it’s getting a little stale, since he hasn’t really done much of anything since Coach K decided to take the Calipari route. It’s all rare air for an IU fan...and sounds like sour grapes, I know. But give me the Izzo model, the Jay Wright model, the Tony Bennett model...and that’s where I’d be most excited about IU getting good again.
i respect your viewpoint

I really like the Archie Miller model. He is doing it right. Inside-Out, 3 and 4 year players, balanced roster, and getting old and staying old. IU will win big, soon.

I live in NC but hadn't watched a second of Wake games this year. Just brought it up thinking he might be a slow plodding guy Archie wouldn't have any interest in, but damn, he looks awesome. Moves very well. Surprised he's not just declaring with his size and skills. Made some nice passes too. Wow, what a tandem he'd be with TJD and Brunk backing up. If Lander came and we got him, and we weren't top 10 and at the top of the B10, I think we'd have underachieved. He might not make more of a difference from good to great with any program than with IU. Since he's coming back, I'm sure he 1) wants to play in the tourney, 2) have a successful and possibly championship season (looks to me he'll be gone after 1 year), and 3) put up big #s for his NBA resume. I think we'd check all those boxes, with he and Lander. He'll be at the top of the elites want list, so it would take quite a sales job to get him. Go get'em Archie!

Last edited:
I really like the Archie Miller model. He is doing it right. Inside-Out, 3 and 4 year players, balanced roster, and getting old and staying old. IU will win big, soon.

I don’t see that as his model. What 3-4 year players? You mean Durham, Green, Davis, and Smith?

This will be Miller’s fourth year, and he returns all five starters. He may never have a team this experienced again. But, it’s a mixture of mostly kids that play a ton that he didn’t recruit , some short term players that he recruited mixed with a handful of players that he recruited as four year players.

he has recruited Romeo and Fitzner to each play one season.
He recruited Brunk and TJD to each play two seasons.

going into his fourth year which players has he brought in that will be juniors or seniors that are experienced players? Phin is one guy, and he would have more experience if he wasn’t injury prone. Who else? Race Thompson and Hunter? I think both players could be valuable contributors this upcoming season, but to this point they have been role players.

The truth is, we have NO IDEA, the type of program that Miller is trying to build. He has hung his hat on players that he didn’t recruit, and 1-2 year players that he did like Romeo and Brunk.

We will be darn good next year. I see next year mirroring the Crean year when he had the #1 seed (not saying we will be a top 5 team, just that next year may be the apex of the Miller era at IU). The year after? Who knows. We lose 4 starters including our entire starting front court (assuming TJD). We will have some young talent but I’m not so sure where they will be in the development process.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Half? Not sure how to quantify that? Half the wins? No. Half the NCAA bids? No. Half the Final Fours? Ehh, maybe. How do you split an NCAA title in half? Only half way enjoying it because it was all freshmen that weren’t actually students?
So let’s say over the last 10 years we go to 3-4 Elite 8s, 2 Final Fours, and play in a title game you’re saying “eehhh, maybe” we’re happy with that? We celebrate just making the tournament. We make shirts and hang banners for making the Sweet 16. We cut down nets after losses for winning the conference. Get a clue kid.

So let’s say over the last 10 years we go to 3-4 Elite 8s, 2 Final Fours, and play in a title game you’re saying “eehhh, maybe” we’re happy with that? We celebrate just making the tournament. We make shirts and hang banners for making the Sweet 16. We cut down nets after losses for winning the conference. Get a clue kid.
that’s exactly why indiana is where it’s at refusal to adapt...Duke UNC and UK get 5 star recruits aka adapting to the times IU on the other hand, decides to get 3 star indiana kids in hopes they develop into Larry Bird. Archie isn’t the level of coach as Wright or Bennett so don’t give me that “they won titles without 5 stars!” Archie isn’t Wright and Bennett had MAJOR luck in last years tourney in order to win that title, luck that probably won’t be replicated again. I know you guys think Knight won with 3 stars but he didn’t he got his share of 5 stars, stuck in the 80s. Also, it doesn’t help that IU never established a national recruiting foundation. Recruits just don’t see IU as cool.

Reactions: fpeaugh
that’s exactly why indiana is where it’s at refusal to adapt...Duke UNC and UK get 5 star recruits aka adapting to the times IU on the other hand, decides to get 3 star indiana kids in hopes they develop into Larry Bird. Archie isn’t the level of coach as Wright or Bennett so don’t give me that “they won titles without 5 stars!” Archie isn’t Wright and Bennett had MAJOR luck in last years tourney in order to win that title, luck that probably won’t be replicated again. I know you guys think Knight won with 3 stars but he didn’t he got his share of 5 stars, stuck in the 80s. Also, it doesn’t help that IU never established a national recruiting foundation. Recruits just don’t see IU as cool.
There is board on the internet for UK fans, why are you posting here instead of there? Do you have an inferiority complex? Why do you obsess about IU? I have zero interest in visiting UK's site because I'm not an UK fan so I'm wondering what motivates a UK fan to post here. I don't relate.

Reactions: Bulk VanderHuge
Not all IU fans are clowns like the cult followers on here. There are smart, reasonable ones as well.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Not all IU fans are clowns like the cult followers on here. There are smart, reasonable ones as well.
You could be the least intelligent and most unreasonable poster this board has ever had. Who are you talking about?

There is board on the internet for UK fans, why are you posting here instead of there? Do you have an inferiority complex? Why do you obsess about IU? I have zero interest in visiting UK's site because I'm not an UK fan so I'm wondering what motivates a UK fan to post here. I don't relate.
kicking a rival with some of the worst fans in the world while they’re down is fun

whatever makes you feel better, you guys take this message board serious.
Doesn't make me feel one way or another. I just can't imagine being a loser that gets his kicks from posting on a rival's board. If doing so makes you feel better, that's OK with me.

Doesn't make me feel one way or another. I just can't imagine being a loser that gets his kicks from posting on a rival's board. If doing so makes you feel better, that's OK with me.
please stop my self esteem took a blow so devastating i’ll never recover

Reactions: mathboy
I don’t see that as his model. What 3-4 year players? You mean Durham, Green, Davis, and Smith?

This will be Miller’s fourth year, and he returns all five starters. He may never have a team this experienced again. But, it’s a mixture of mostly kids that play a ton that he didn’t recruit , some short term players that he recruited mixed with a handful of players that he recruited as four year players.

going into his fourth year which players has he brought in that will be juniors or seniors that are experienced players? Phin is one guy, and he would have more experience if he wasn’t injury prone. Who else? Race Thompson and Hunter? I think both players could be valuable contributors this upcoming season, but to this point they have been role players.

The truth is, we have NO IDEA, the type of program that Miller is trying to build. He has hung his hat on players that he didn’t recruit, and 1-2 year players that he did like Romeo and Brunk.

We will be darn good next year. I see next year mirroring the Crean year when he had the #1 seed (not saying we will be a top 5 team, just that next year may be the apex of the Miller era at IU). The year after? Who knows. We lose 4 starters including our entire starting front court (assuming TJD). We will have some young talent but I’m not so sure where they will be in the development process.
There’s a model? There’s certainly no culture of winning.

Players that Archie has recruited:
3 and 4 year players: '18-'19 Hunter, Phinisee, Thompson (romeo 1 and done),
'19-'20 Franklin (Brunk-2years-5th yr sr., TJD at least 2 years, maybe 3),
'20-'21 Leal, Galloway and Geronimo (Lander 2 maybe 3 years)

Summary:
9 of the 13 kids that Archie recruited are from Indiana
7, 3 and 4 year players
3, 2 or 3 year players, one a 5th yr senior
1, one and done
2, transfers that would have been 4 year players.

It is year 4, and IU is returning ALL 5 of its starters. I sure see a trend here, and am surprised that you have "no clue" the type of program Archie is building.

Last edited:
It is year 4, and IU is returning ALL 5 of its starters. I sure see a trend here, surprised that you have "no clue" the type of program Archie is building.

you said in an earlier post :
“Inside-Out, 3 and 4 year players, balanced roster, and getting old and staying old. IU will win big, soon.

Getting old, Yes. (We return all 5 starters). We were old last year, we are old this year.

Staying old? TBD. In 21-22 we will likely have 4 new starters. Some of those players will be young and inexperienced. It could be a rebuilding year. Our entire roster flips over after this season.

you said in an earlier post :
“Inside-Out, 3 and 4 year players, balanced roster, and getting old and staying old. IU will win big, soon.

Getting old, Yes. (We return all 5 starters). We were old last year, we are old this year.

Staying old? TBD. In 21-22 we will likely have 4 new starters. Some of those players will be young and inexperienced. It could be a rebuilding year. Our entire roster flips over after this season.

lol. Seniors graduate at IU, and therefore there will be new starters replacing them. EVERY YEAR. IU graduates 3 seniors next year, and maybe TJD goes pro. Guess what-IU will replace them with 3 four stars, and IU returns 8 players. I don't understand your failure to see that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT