ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss struggling with covid and opt outs

ce36ei

Senior
Sep 14, 2019
I can’t get the article to link but there’s an article in the Clarion Ledger saying between opts outs and covid Ole Miss is really struggling with numbers, especially on offense. Kiffin mentiones he’s recruiting his own guys to even play. Now he often talks in hyperbole, but sounds like a bit of the team seems disinterested in playing while quite a few are out for covid.

I can’t get the article to link but there’s an article in the Clarion Ledger saying between opts outs and covid Ole Miss is really struggling with numbers, especially on offense. Kiffin mentiones he’s recruiting his own guys to even play. Now he often talks in hyperbole, but sounds like a bit of the team seems disinterested in playing while quite a few are out for covid.
Yeah, and his players went home for Christmas, so their Covid numbers are almost certainly going to increase. I sure hope the bowl game happens.

That's directly opposite of what I've heard about Ole Miss's numbers. Yes they have some opt outs, but they are they are expecting to play as of today.

Here's the article I saw:

Sounds to me like he's just getting his excuses lined up... He didn't have his WR, or his TE and his RB went out and his backup Henry Parrish came in and played well while Ole Miss was putting up 48 points At LSU...

They're chock full of SEC talent, don't shed any tears for Lane Kiffen...

Last edited:
That's directly opposite of what I've heard about Ole Miss's numbers. Yes they have some opt outs, but they are they are expecting to play as of today.

Im just going off what was posted today. Lane had a news conference just this morning with the info. He said they’re absolutely playing...but he also said they’re really struggling with numbers.

His team is not even having a team meeting let alone practice until tomorrow. His players went home for Christmas. He said he will find out on Tuesday who has opted out. That most likely means that he is not even testing his players until Tuesday. He also said he has no idea how many people have tested positive. This was all in his press conference this morning.
I'm changing my anticipation level from worried to highly doubtful.

His team is not even having a team meeting let alone practice until tomorrow. His players went home for Christmas. He said he will find out on Tuesday who has opted out. That most likely means that he is not even testing his players until Tuesday. He also said he has no idea how many people have tested positive. This was all in his press conference this morning.
I'm changing my anticipation level from worried to highly doubtful.
Maybe we could play Iowa then.

I'd rather play Iowa and scald their ass. The SEC hasn't done me wrong anyway, it's the Big Ten that's done me wrong.

Hell with it, get us a game with Iowa. We'll play em in a damn parking lot.

Here's the article I saw:

Sounds to me like he's just getting his excuses lined up... He didn't have his WR, or his TE and his RB went out and his backup Henry came in and played well while Ole Miss was putting up 48 points At LSU...

They're chock full of SEC talent, don't shed any tears for Lane Kiffen...
Yeah, sounds like he's sandbagging.

When you read the stuff being written, you realize that he's full of it. He makes a lot of claims about being ignorant as to opt outs, Covid numbers, etc .. No coach who has been around as long as he has is that out of touch with the basic drivers of a team's preparation.
Although knowing him, it wouldn't surprise me if he was that clueless.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT