ADVERTISEMENT

Ol and def line

Iu1712

Recruit
Jul 14, 2017
Ol and def line are not very good because the two coordinators are not very good developing Talent

Last edited:
The DL has been much improved this year. The D gave up 7 points in the 2nd half to one of the great O's in the country. That was impressive. In the first half, if IU could have gotten anything going on offense, the D wouldn't have been out there so much. I will say too many missed sacks and missed tackles at the LOS today.

On O, Penix was tremendous!! Too many big drops by IU WRs today, especially Ellis and Hendershot. Plus Ellis fumble at 6 was turned into points to end the half. Ellis then dropped the long pass at 35-21. The next play was the pick 6. He needs to be way better. OL pass blocking is good, not great. Run blocking abysmal. It's nice Hiller has helped get guys to the NFL. As an IU fan, am way more interested in how they perform as a unit though. That's this team's biggest issue.

Dline has been great imho. Oline has been average in pass protection but awful on the run. Need to get that addressed

The def tackles have been ok, but def ends are not very good, they get no rush from them. Whether it's coaching or Talent somebody has to make a play and it's not there.

They are getting remarkable pass pressure considering the ends provide almost none. The pass rush from the ends and the offensive line is a major team weakness. I think we have some lineman who will be good, but I am not sure what end is going to become a pass rusher. I think they'd already be on the field if they were going to be that guy as it's clearly a need.

Until I use able to get some decent defensive ends it'll just be excuse after excuse of why we can't beat a team like Ohio State when Wisconsin Iowa and Purdue recruit the same kind of people we do and actually beat Ohio State

Alfred Bryant being out didn't help.

Jon Blau quote: "Bryant hasn't gotten a ton of pressure himself, but he plays an important role as an "edge," rotating with Ziemba."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT