ADVERTISEMENT

Oktoberfest Have Arrived!

cryano

All-Big Ten
Apr 19, 2005
And in the last week, Ive managed to purchase(not drink) 17 various six packs.
Early warning...Yuengling’s is bad. Leinie’s is better.

Lakefront and Rhineguist pretty good. Heavy Seas too hoppy for me.

Will add as taste more.
Like the 2 I homebrewed a while back more than any of these so far.

I like the Leinie too, and also like the one by Sam Adams. Good to know on the Yuengling, saw it the other day and wondered.

I like the Leinie too, and also like the one by Sam Adams. Good to know on the Yuengling, saw it the other day and wondered.
Sam Adams may be the best of the commercial 12 packs, better than Leinie...and Yuengling being the worst.

Revolution is pretty dang good too...and now enjoying Spaten...which is probably the premier to compare all others to.

Reactions: Cream&Crimson
Uplands is really good. Sun Kings is pretty decent.
I have the Upland but havent tasted.
The Hofbrau was really good.

The Victory is awful...more like coffee...
That is all I can do for tonight - Im done.

How has no one mentioned SN? Theirs is the star of each fall and each year they do a different version. It’s as good as the good Germans IMHO.

How has no one mentioned SN? Theirs is the star of each fall and each year they do a different version. It’s as good as the good Germans IMHO.
I havent found the Sierra Nevada - but have only heard good things.

I’ve had the Hacker-Pschorr and the Paulaner the last two nights...both are good.
Id rank Spaten as best, Paulaner, then Hacker-Pschorr between the three.

oldworld-oktoberfest-girls-2012-70.jpg

The Goose island isnt going to offend anyone...its a little bland, but makes it easily drinkable to many.

The Great Lakes was very good, though not as good as some of the big Germans.

Very infrequent poster here but I turn the big 5-0 in November. Talked the wife into going to Munich this year for Oktoberfest! I will be drinking some fantastic Marzen biers in Bavaria !! I have picked up the Hacker-Pschorr, Paulaner and Hofbrau's to warm up here locally. We leave in 6 days!

Very infrequent poster here but I turn the big 5-0 in November. Talked the wife into going to Munich this year for Oktoberfest! I will be drinking some fantastic Marzen biers in Bavaria !! I have picked up the Hacker-Pschorr, Paulaner and Hofbrau's to warm up here locally. We leave in 6 days!

Nothing like the real thing, straight out of the wooden kegs there. So fresh. Plus the atmosphere is tops. You'll have a blast.

Damn. I'm jealous. Have fun and enjoy a once in a lifetime experience, you prick.

Reactions: cryano
And in the last week, Ive managed to purchase(not drink) 17 various six packs.
Early warning...Yuengling’s is bad. Leinie’s is better.

Lakefront and Rhineguist pretty good. Heavy Seas too hoppy for me.

Will add as taste more.
Like the 2 I homebrewed a while back more than any of these so far.
Bells is one of my favorites

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT