ADVERTISEMENT

Ok. What are we doing?

rocketo

All-American
Feb 23, 2007
I still think Archie is a good coach. MAYBE he will get this team to where we want to be and I have seen consistent improvement in his teams since he has been here. Sometimes you have a small slide to explode to the next level.

BUT... I am so tired of these turds we lay. And this season isn’t turning out to be good. If you look at our schedule, we have had it easy compared to what is coming. The remainder of the season is absolutely BRUTAL. I find it hard to believe we will wrap it up well over .500

If Archie can’t make a big jump in this season, I don’t see him making it to be honest. BUT BUT BUT... If this IU administration isn’t willing to pony up and bring in a home run, then don’t even ****ing bother. I don’t want another MAYBE in here. Just keep Archie and MAYBE he will make the jump. Because he is a hard worker and a smart guy. Just MAYBE he will get us where we want.

What do you think? (And the trolls who respond can **** off)

• Haha
Reactions: Nieman
I still think Archie is a good coach. MAYBE he will get this team to where we want to be and I have seen consistent improvement in his teams since he has been here. Sometimes you have a small slide to explode to the next level.

BUT... I am so tired of these turds we lay. And this season isn’t turning out to be good. If you look at our schedule, we have had it easy compared to what is coming. The remainder of the season is absolutely BRUTAL. I find it hard to believe we will wrap it up well over .500

If Archie can’t make a big jump in this season, I don’t see him making it to be honest. BUT BUT BUT... If this IU administration isn’t willing to pony up and bring in a home run, then don’t even ****ing bother. I don’t want another MAYBE in here. Just keep Archie and MAYBE he will make the jump. Because he is a hard worker and a smart guy. Just MAYBE he will get us where we want.

We’re not trolls. We’re just people who haven’t been sticking our heads in the sand waiting for some Deus ex Machina whereby we’re suddenly, and finally, the strong team we all want to see.

We’re not the ones in the wrong. The program we all love is in a crisis situation. And it’s been heading here for years. But too many people just didn’t want to hear it or believe it.

I don't think Archie is a bad coach, but he has struggled to recruit, and to build a roster that can absorb any kind of adversity.

The bridge class had 3 players. 2 transferred. Brunk came into this class, and now it looks like he might miss a whole season. Al can't always hide his physical limitations.

His first real class had 5 guys, counting race. The PG has no confidence, the SG was 1 and done. The SF had a freak injury that prevented him from practicing for a whole year. Race is a gamer but not a star. Damezi Anderson shouldn't have been recruited.

The second class is small but good...two young quality players. But they are only sophomores, and may not give AM enough in time to matter.

The third class has 4 guys, but no bigs. One glue guy with a busted jumper, one project, one shooter who is still finding his way, and a reclassified PG who is not ready.

It's the recruiting. The seniors and juniors have to contribute as more than minute eaters and role players. That's Durham, Phin, and Hunter. We will go as far as they can take us.

Miller put himself in this position. He will have to coach them out of it, or his days will be numbered.

I don't think Archie is a bad coach, but he has struggled to recruit, and to build a roster that can absorb any kind of adversity.

The bridge class had 3 players. 2 transferred. Brunk came into this class, and now it looks like he might miss a whole season. Al can't always hide his physical limitations.

His first real class had 5 guys, counting race. The PG has no confidence, the SG was 1 and done. The SF had a freak injury that prevented him from practicing for a whole year. Race is a gamer but not a star. Damezi Anderson shouldn't have been recruited.

The second class is small but good...two young quality players. But they are only sophomores, and may not give AM enough in time to matter.

The third class has 4 guys, but no bigs. One glue guy with a busted jumper, one project, one shooter who is still finding his way, and a reclassified PG who is not ready.

It's the recruiting. The seniors and juniors have to contribute as more than minute eaters and role players. That's Durham, Phin, and Hunter. We will go as far as they can take us.

Miller put himself in this position. He will have to coach them out of it, or his days will be numbered.
Good post. Serious lack of shooting and talent. He better find some transfers or he's likely done.

These seem like good kids, but they play with zero emotion. If we we're winning it would not bother me. None of them seem line they hate to lose. Not saying they don't care or enjoy losing. But they don't hate it.

Someone on this team needs to step up.

I'm off the horse, even though I really like the horse but I just don't have any confidence that Archie can get over the hump.

He'll get close, we'll play hard, we'll win a surprise game or two but when it's a must game, I don't have any confidence in him anymore.

Painter to me is a great test, because Painter is really good and he adjusts pretty well to what you want to do....and he's embarrassed Archie almost every time.

Everytime we've had must win games I don't remember an Archie IU team rising up....hes layed eggs.

Any close game under 8 minutes I have no confidence we can close.

I think our free throw shooting is a pretty good metaphor for Archie at IU. It's right there for the taking but deep down you know we're going to miss.

I hate it but it is what it is.

Hope I'm wrong.

Made FG- IU 25. Pur 25
FT attempts- IU 29. Pur 31

Rebounds- Pur +8
TOs- Pur +5

Pretty even. Same amount of made FGs. Nearly same in FT shooting (neither team shot that well at the line). Purdue outrebounded IU, but the 5 extra TOs almost gives that back.

So why were we down just about the entire game and constantly fighting the chance of getting blown out?

3 pt shooting

Pur 11-17
IU 3-18

Also, for good measure....Purdue shot 3 for 20 from three against MSU a few days ago.

Analysis- we SUCK around the 3 pt line, on both sides of the ball.

Unfortunately, the 3pt line is where it's at in today's men's NCAA basketball.

Right now I'd say we're 50/50 , at best, to 'quality' for the NIT (finishing at .500 for the season). And looking at the record, that might be the view through crimson colored glasses.

I'm off the horse, even though I really like the horse but I just don't have any confidence that Archie can get over the hump.

He'll get close, we'll play hard, we'll win a surprise game or two but when it's a must game, I don't have any confidence in him anymore.

Painter to me is a great test, because Painter is really good and he adjusts pretty well to what you want to do....and he's embarrassed Archie almost every time.

Everytime we've had must win games I don't remember an Archie IU team rising up....hes layed eggs.

Any close game under 8 minutes I have no confidence we can close.

I think our free throw shooting is a pretty good metaphor for Archie at IU. It's right there for the taking but deep down you know we're going to miss.

I hate it but it is what it is.

Hope I'm wrong.
I see TJD and Race showing emotion regularly. Leal too. I don't really care too much about what they show, though. It's what they DO, or in guards' case, what they don't do that counts.

I think coaching at Indiana probably presents challenges that you don't see at a school like Dayton. No one grows up dreaming of playing for Dayton. Kids that go there, they got passed over by their favorite school. You can take a kid like Geronimo, get in his ear for two years, and mold him into a very good junior. That doesn't work when the kid doesn't have a chip on his shoulder. Not many come to IU feeling like they got passed over.

I think that's what you see with some of our upperclassmen. They play like they think someone's going to hand it to them. Purdue plays like they are going to take it from you.

This season will go down as his worst one yet. Year 4 should not be his worst season, his roster is lacking too end talent and his incoming class is not a needle mover. Iu needs to decide soon if winning is important anymore. If it is they need to move on and hire a proven winner.

Reactions: BigMobe

Damezi was a horrible recruit, nothing against the kid but wow I saw him play in the HS tourney and thought this is an IU recruit? I'm glad he got a scholarship from wherever he went and uses it but he was never Big10. I dont understand all of these guys shooting hip/push shots? Lander I am afraid was a huge hype machine and again who teaches that shooting style? I guess where it works in HS to win? I'm 5-8, never played more than just playing with friends and I have a better shot . I get it up over my shoulder and follow through. These guys shots look more like passes than shots.

Damezi was a horrible recruit, nothing against the kid but wow I saw him play in the HS tourney and thought this is an IU recruit? I'm glad he got a scholarship from wherever he went and uses it but he was never Big10. I dont understand all of these guys shooting hip/push shots? Lander I am afraid was a huge hype machine and again who teaches that shooting style? I guess where it works in HS to win? I'm 5-8, never played more than just playing with friends and I have a better shot . I get it up over my shoulder and follow through. These guys shots look more like passes than shots.
Never been a fan of the shoulder release either, it leaves you exposed to getting blocked from behind, but its a heck of a lot better hip shots. Hip shots should end at Boys Club level

Never been a fan of the shoulder release either, it leaves you exposed to getting blocked from behind, but its a heck of a lot better hip shots. Hip shots should end at Boys Club level
at times last night I was almost embarrassed as a fan...I've never seen so many bad misses from an IU team. And then, so many open-look 3s on the other end. Frustrating. No, make that demoralizing. As far as the box score, we broke even with Purdue's bigs...maybe even a slight bit better. We lost the game on the perimeter. Our guard play drives our success, and for the most part, it's sub-par, game after game.

Reactions: BigMobe
We’re not trolls. We’re just people who haven’t been sticking our heads in the sand waiting for some Deus ex Machina whereby we’re suddenly, and finally, the strong team we all want to see.

We’re not the ones in the wrong. The program we all love is in a crisis situation. And it’s been heading here for years. But too many people just didn’t want to hear it or believe it.
If you are ignoring the FACTS that CAM has shown improvement each year, and overreacting, then maybe you are a troll. There are a few over the top idiots here, if you aren’t one of them, then I’m not talking about you. But you seem pretty defensive.

Reactions: Aloha Hoosier

I agree. His inability to find consistent shooters is hurting him badly. He certainly has dug himself into a hole. He will have to get this team together or he might not make it another year. I am rooting for him still, but time will tell

Good post. Serious lack of shooting and talent. He better find some transfers or he's likely done.

These seem like good kids, but they play with zero emotion. If we we're winning it would not bother me. None of them seem line they hate to lose. Not saying they don't care or enjoy losing. But they don't hate it.

Someone on this team needs to step up.
Outside of TJD and Thompson, the freshmen seem like the highest effort players on the team. Can’t win consistently against good teams without everybody being high effort, all the time.

Everyone's days are numbered . . .

The incessant reassessment of coaching after every bounce of the ball has become the most boring tired and ignorant conversation in the history of conversations.

Give it rest ...

Reactions: hookyIU1990
Outside of TJD and Thompson, the freshmen seem like the highest effort players on the team. Can’t win consistently against good teams without everybody being high effort, all the time.
That’s true of every team in the B1G. You aren’t winning many games with an off night. You better bring it every game.

I agree. His inability to find consistent shooters is hurting him badly. He certainly has dug himself into a hole. He will have to get this team together or he might not make it another year. I am rooting for him still, but time will tell
He’s not on the hot seat...yet. They won’t move until after next season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT