ADVERTISEMENT

OK Trump supporters- let's play Pretzel Logic (nod to Steely Dan)...

cosmickid

Hall of Famer
Oct 23, 2009
OK demonstrate that I'm a cynic, and prove me wrong...

The Trump Campaign is opposing larger counties in Ohio having more than a single ballot drop off box. The GOP wants to limit each county to have a single dropbox, located at the Co board of elections. Supposedly it's "unfair" for more populous counties to have more dropboxes to accommodate more of the voting public, but it's fair for people in BFE to only have to drive 5 or 10 miles away, while folks in Cleveland,Columbus or Cincy are forced to drive for miles in traffic to cast a vote. Cleveland's idea was to locate the collection boxes at each of 6 Public Libraries. That would make sense in a medium-size city like Indy-it seems almost a necessity in a sprawling metropolis like Cuyahoga County and metro Cleveland...

WHO would disagree with such a reasonable, sensible proposal? I mean GOP voters go to Libraries as much as Dems and Independents, right? And anything that makes voting more accessible to EVERYONE is GOOD FOR US ALL-right? I must be wrong in my biased opinion that this is obviously a prime example of voter suppression in action-right? That's just the cynic in me, right? Because Trump wants every American citizen to vote since he loves to tell us how much the American people "love him"...

Step right up- tell me I'm just being a cynic...And when you complete that mission, explain to me why he won't provide his DNA as part of his "defense" in the E Jean Carroll defamation suit?

"Ohio and Republican groups including the Trump campaign are fighting to uphold a GOP election chief's directive limiting ballot drop boxes in the presidential battleground to one per county.

They told a state appellate court in filings Monday that a county judge overstepped his authority when he blocked it. The Ohio Republican Party said Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Richard Frye “relied on anecdotal evidence and ‘sound public policy,’” when the case “presents a pure question of law.”

In the crosshairs of the legal battle is Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose's Aug. 12 directive restricting counties to one drop box each, located at the county board of elections.

Cuyahoga County, home to populous and Democratic-leaning Cleveland, said it would like to allow ballots to be collected at six public libraries last week, but that action has been halted because of the lawsuit."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/ohio-gop-defend-limit-ballot-181230638.html

Reactions: Bill4411

The Trump Campaign is opposing larger counties in Ohio having more than a single ballot drop off box. The GOP wants to limit each county to have a single dropbox, located at the Co board of elections. Supposedly it's "unfair" for more populous counties to have more dropboxes to accommodate more of the voting public, but it's fair for people in BFE to only have to drive 5 or 10 miles away, while folks in Cleveland,Columbus or Cincy are forced to drive for miles in traffic to cast a vote. Cleveland's idea was to locate the collection boxes at each of 6 Public Libraries. That would make sense in a medium-size city like Indy-it seems almost a necessity in a sprawling metropolis like Cuyahoga County and metro Cleveland...

WHO would disagree with such a reasonable, sensible proposal? I mean GOP voters go to Libraries as much as Dems and Independents, right? And anything that makes voting more accessible to EVERYONE is GOOD FOR US ALL-right? I must be wrong in my biased opinion that this is obviously a prime example of voter suppression in action-right? That's just the cynic in me, right? Because Trump wants every American citizen to vote since he loves to tell us how much the American people "love him"...

Step right up- tell me I'm just being a cynic...And when you complete that mission, explain to me why he won't provide his DNA as part of his "defense" in the E Jean Carroll defamation suit?

"Ohio and Republican groups including the Trump campaign are fighting to uphold a GOP election chief's directive limiting ballot drop boxes in the presidential battleground to one per county.

They told a state appellate court in filings Monday that a county judge overstepped his authority when he blocked it. The Ohio Republican Party said Franklin County Common Pleas Judge Richard Frye “relied on anecdotal evidence and ‘sound public policy,’” when the case “presents a pure question of law.”

In the crosshairs of the legal battle is Republican Secretary of State Frank LaRose's Aug. 12 directive restricting counties to one drop box each, located at the county board of elections.

Cuyahoga County, home to populous and Democratic-leaning Cleveland, said it would like to allow ballots to be collected at six public libraries last week, but that action has been halted because of the lawsuit."

But, muh most important election in the history of recorded history....people could literally die over this election..
Question....how far do you drive to your closest Wal-Mart?

Pennsylvania is the one that is going to be a damned nightmare. And everyone involved is to blame.

cool story bro

Reactions: SIhoosier26

Too much reading for most Trump supporters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT