ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Suffers Major Blow--James's Destination?

red hornet

Junior
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2019
From Detroit Sports Nation

According to multiple reports, the OSU football team has suffered a major blow as Master Teague will miss the remainder of spring practice with an undisclosed injury. Teague is expected to start for OSU & is ranked as one of the top RB's in the Big Ten.

Will they reach out to Sampson James although he would need to sit out a year as rules are now? Of course, the NCAA in their infinite wisdom is planning a first-time transfer rule with immediate eligibility this year.....

Maybe so, but with no anger or vitriol, I get a pretty quick case of amnesia for players who choose to leave. Their life, wish them well, but all I start thinking about is how good of a new recruit can we get with that open scholly spot.

To be clear, I’m not looking for a turnstile of transfers, but for the most part the ones this far have not been major contributors or anyone we don’t have risers to replace or without good reason.

Ramsey was awesome, but Penix/Tuttle there. Cronk can’t believe he wouldn’t slide to G but we have bodies there. James besides PU game, really didn’t blow me away like I had hoped he would. The other players...not huge loss and have others ready to go. Per coaches: that will happen and think we have good replacements (and will get a good S/C team in place soon, not worried there.)

Next man up!!

lol I love the optimism. Can't say my glasses are seeing things the same way.....at all..... but I'll still have what you're having.

Maybe so, but with no anger or vitriol, I get a pretty quick case of amnesia for players who choose to leave. Their life, wish them well, but all I start thinking about is how good of a new recruit can we get with that open scholly spot.

To be clear, I’m not looking for a turnstile of transfers, but for the most part the ones this far have not been major contributors or anyone we don’t have risers to replace or without good reason.

Ramsey was awesome, but Penix/Tuttle there. Cronk can’t believe he wouldn’t slide to G but we have bodies there. James besides PU game, really didn’t blow me away like I had hoped he would. The other players...not huge loss and have others ready to go. Per coaches: that will happen and think we have good replacements (and will get a good S/C team in place soon, not worried there.)

Next man up!!
and that good recruit we get with that open scholly, how long will he be here? the powers that be seem intent on killing the goose that laid the golden egg. i wonder what's behind all of this. is the ncaa afraid of lawsuits?

The scuttlebutt on Teague is it's a achilles issue....could be a strain of the achilles tendon to a tear of same

Reactions: vesuvius13
If Ohio State needs a transfer player, they will find a pretense to get the transfer immediately eligible. This is how they got their Quarterback from Georgia last year. Take a situation, grossly exaggerate it, and claim their transfer was in danger and fear for his life if he remained at his previous school. Then find an attorney who puts the NCAA in fear of their existence to represent them or the recruit.

If Ohio State needs a transfer player, they will find a pretense to get the transfer immediately eligible. This is how they got their Quarterback from Georgia last year. Take a situation, grossly exaggerate it, and claim their transfer was in danger and fear for his life if he remained at his previous school. Then find an attorney who puts the NCAA in fear of their existence to represent them or the recruit.
these new transfer rules only advantage the big boys. schools like iu will end up being their minor league.

yeah, we'll get their third and fourth stringers and they'll end up with an open scholarship to sign another 5 star.
We can trade OSU, say, the one high four star we’ve got on hand for two, three of their three star place holders/space fillers. Straight up, even: no need to include cash or a Player TBNL.

An arrangement like this thus enables OSU to then skim the cream at places like NC State as well. Maybe we can just work out a three-way trade right from the start. It’d be a win-win-win.

Last edited:

So if Tuttle was as good as or better than Fields, he would have been denied because the system only works for top 10 schools? Got it.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT