ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State Predictions?

daddyhoosier

Junior
Aug 31, 2019
iufb.net
What are your thoughts on Saturday? Predictions?

I hope I am wrong but I feel like Ohio St will pounce early and it will never really be interesting. I got the Buckeyes 42-21.

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
If OSU jumps in early and has a two score lead at half time they win by 20 or more. If IU is within one score (does not matter who leads) going into the 4th quarter, IU wins.

Reactions: 76-1
Tough Call this one...

I'm of the opinion that the current o-h-I-o staff is better than last years (Urban was having a personal meltdown all season and it showed on the field among other things)... So, in my opinion, there won't be any edge to be gained there. Also..., given that it's their Big Ten opener too, we won't have the luxury of their being worn down by the Big Ten Grind , or their looking past us...

The only way I see us winning is by rattling their relatively inexperienced (but extremely talented) QB and pressuring him into several errors. Takeaways (or the lack of) will Win or lose the game for us...

If f we get at least 3 takeaways and play solid in all phases I see us winning on a FG... ///If the takeaways #s are reversed, we lose by 20...+///

My pick: INDIANA 24 - "the" o-h-i-o $tate 23

Time for the D to step up... Hope we get to see it...

I just don’t have faith in the OL to run the ball consistently. This might be the deepest and most talented DL in the nation. I also think our DL may have issues stopping them too. Dobbins is a elite back. I think we play hard and make it interesting for over a half but in the end I just think elite depth takes over. 45-20, they cover.

I just don’t have faith in the OL to run the ball consistently. This might be the deepest and most talented DL in the nation. I also think our DL may have issues stopping them too. Dobbins is a elite back. I think we play hard and make it interesting for over a half but in the end I just think elite depth takes over. 45-20, they cover.

Yeah I think OSU has a pretty good shot at making the CFB Playoff. I hope IU at least plays well enough to where we don't start doubting ourselves going forward.

I think the visitors take this one...unfortunately....35-21 or so.

The Hoosiers need to be firing on all cylinders and executing madly to win...

A prediction has to do with forecast again again before it happens. First syllable pre-has to deal with before hand and diction has to do with speaking. When one predicts something they’re forecasting a future event.

When one makes a wish they are expressing a hope or desire. To predict that longshot hopes and desires will actually occur can be dillusional.

Since it’s inception the Hoosier prediction thread has actually been a Hoosier wish thread for most Big 10 games. I hope the Hoosiers win on Saturday. I would not be so delusional as to bet on a victory. Yet on Sunday, if the Hoosiers don’t win, there will be delusional fans calling for coach Tom Allen to resign.

My prediction for this weekend is that, win or lose, coach Tom Allen will not be fired. And that it will be a competitive game, especially if the Hoosiers can throw two quarterbacks at them. Ohio State 31 Indiana 21.

P.S. I also believe in moral victories.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boilerpointe81

I hope I am wrong but I feel like Ohio St will pounce early and it will never really be interesting. I got the Buckeyes 42-21.
We all have heard the talk about all the "stars" OSU players have, about how deep OSU is, how great OSU's DEs, QB, safety, OL, DL, coaching staff. But what is clear is that the OSU hype is ...huuuuuge.

Then why does the all seeing, all knowing betting line have it as the closest spread game in recent memory between these two teams? Vegas wants the majority to bet OSU. Clearly Vegas sees improvement at Indiana and overhyped, again, at OSU. They have pronounced it and handicapped it as a kind of trap game.

It's not your normal trap game. The trap is that OSU really believes that they are entitled to win this game.
OSU is going to be tough. Their OL and DL lines are close to top notch. That is one real issue here. How is IU to beat OSU at the line?

It's a team game. Punctuated by individual performance. It is strategy and taking what is given.

This is what OSU is giving. QB Fields is playing his first game on the road. I have read where he is really interested in QB Fields. He isn't as good as OSU wants you to believe. IU will get to him early.

OSU has a new head coach. New system. A bullet as a name for a safety? He is scared of IU. Rightfully so. IU plays OSU tough.

OSU's defensive secondary hasn't come together. Watch them get set up.

IU will move the ball. Penix will play. He is a gamer. If and/or when IU gets behind then with Penix and our new OC we can still win! Watch how it is really supposed to be done.

IU's defense keeps getting better. Is it good enough? Will the line stop the run? Oh yes. They are experienced. More so than OSU. Not as many stars. But they are prepared and they have a mission.

OSU 31; IU 33!

Last edited:

We'll see if OSU is for real. They have had problems on the road and always seem to have problems with the IU Hoosiers. If the Buckeyes win comfortably, I will have to see it to believe it, so I will go with this game going to overtime with Ohio State finding a way to get it done, 40-34. O-State's defense seems to be improved, but I have to see more of it to continually believe it!!!!

Reactions: codylance
IU 34 OSU 31

Why? Because OSU currently has a 23-win streak dating back to 1991 -- which is tied for the longest winning streak in series history with the stretch from 1960-1986. So my thought is the streak ends. And it's OSU's first road game with new coach and first year starter.

But mainly because I just want to see IU win.

Think Fields may buckle if takes a few sacks or big hits, and if he goes wobbly, IU gets confidence. Think Penix plays, but if not Ramsey plays up for his home state OSU to play well. No score prediction, but feel like this is a chance for Logan Justice to have the shot at the game winner in last 10 seconds. Storybook ending potential!

Ahia up by two touchdowns in Q4, IU fans leave to tailgate, 10,000 Ahia fans have the stadium to them selves, they chant A-H-I-A 4,000 times then go home and claim it was a home game for them. PU fans agree and have 9 threads about it.
That certainly follows PAST precedent...!

But this is year 3 of "LEO"...!! :cool:

That’s a real head scratcher.
Re: "That’s a real head scratcher."

Really ?!?

You HAVE seen Mike Penix play, haven't you?

If, not, here's a summary:

1. He has a GUN for an arm.
2. He is VERY fast as a runner. (PR is quick, too, but not in MP's league)
3. He is (mostly) accurate downfield, but has had many passes DROPPED on him by WRs in the first two games (this should/will improve).
4. His problem is/has been that he often guns it TOO hard on middle-yardage throws.... something he & his WRs will adapt to...
5. His judgement on the read-option is VERY good, faking the announcers - and defenders - out of their shoes on a couple occasions in the first two games.

If MP is healthy & plays, be prepared for IU to SHOCK THE WORLD !!! (best said in a hysterical German accent, with kind of a "V" sound for the "W")....tho I guess not as much if only a 14-17 point dog...

Last edited:
We'll see if OSU is for real. They have had problems on the road and always seem to have problems with the IU Hoosiers. If the Buckeyes win comfortably, I will have to see it to believe it, so I will go with this game going to overtime with Ohio State finding a way to get it done, 40-34. O-State's defense seems to be improved, but I have to see more of it to continually believe it!!!!
Honestly, pre-Kevin Wilson IU was always peeing in their shorts at the idea of playing the bucks.....terrified......always played "not to get embarrassed" rather than to try to win (contrast that with Purdue).

Whether you liked him or not, KW changed all that with a crazy look in his eye & a fire in his belly...

It didn't always WORK, but you knew KW was always prepared to "spit-in-their-eye" rather than to throw weak sideline passes in order not to lose buy 50 as his predecessors often did (& often they would lose by 50 ANYWAY!)

This will be Tom Allen's test in his third year, with a new, innovative OC, and the son of the guy who invented the defense IU uses as his new DC.

Just hope the players/coaches play/coach with elan & CONFIDENCE and they take a shot, rather than play as sheep headed for slaughter (as Cincy recently did).....whether they end up losing by 1 (or even: win !) or 70.....

L'Audace ! L'Audace ! Toujour L'Audace !!

Last edited:
We all have heard the talk about all the "stars" OSU players have, about how deep OSU is, how great OSU's DEs, QB, safety, OL, DL, coaching staff. But what is clear is that the OSU hype is ...huuuuuge.

Then why does the all seeing, all knowing betting line have it as the closest spread game in recent memory between these two teams? Vegas wants the majority to bet OSU. Clearly Vegas sees improvement at Indiana and overhyped, again, at OSU. They have pronounced it and handicapped it as a kind of trap game.

It's not your normal trap game. The trap is that OSU really believes that they are entitled to win this game.
OSU is going to be tough. Their OL and DL lines are close to top notch. That is one real issue here. How is IU to beat OSU at the line?

It's a team game. Punctuated by individual performance. It is strategy and taking what is given.

This is what OSU is giving. QB Fields is playing his first game on the road. I have read where he is really interested in QB Fields. He isn't as good as OSU wants you to believe. IU will get to him early.

OSU has a new head coach. New system. A bullet as a name for a safety? He is scared of IU. Rightfully so. IU plays OSU tough.

OSU's defensive secondary hasn't come together. Watch them get set up.

IU will move the ball. Penix will play. He is a gamer. If and/or when IU gets behind then with Penix and our new OC we can still win! Watch how it is really supposed to be done.

IU's defense keeps getting better. Is it good enough? Will the line stop the run? Oh yes. They are experienced. More so than OSU. Not as many stars. But they are prepared and they have a mission.

OSU 31; IU 33!

You realize the head coach was the OC last year? Not a new system at all. He has tailored the system to fit the QB although he needs to be somewhat prtected as the QB depth is putrid.

Buckeyes roll 42-13

I'm a grad of IUPUI but grew up in CBus

Reactions: St_Henry_Buckeye
You realize the head coach was the OC last year? Not a new system at all. He has tailored the system to fit the QB although he needs to be somewhat prtected as the QB depth is putrid.

Buckeyes roll 42-13

I'm a grad of IUPUI but grew up in CBus
The things that scare me are that:

1. The Buck's D seems MUCH better than last year.
2. Fields is poised, has all the skills, and is FAST !!! (If he gets thru the line clean, look out)
3. Dobbins is back and STILL good and ALSO FAST !!!

However, IU is not easy to defend if they run the multiple stuff they showed in the first two games - even against a MUCH better defense - and Penix has all the weapons (experienced WRs, RBs, a great pass-catching TE, etc.) plus the arm/judgement to do some damage...

IU's D just has to play more aggressively/better than it has so far...

Really ?!?

3. He is (mostly) accurate downfield, but has had many passes DROPPED on him by WRs in the first two games (this should/will improve).
4. His problem is/has been that he often guns it TOO hard on middle-yardage throws.... something he & his WRs will adapt to...
5. His judgement on the read-option is VERY good, faking the announcers - and defenders - out of their shoes on a couple occasions in the first two games.

If MP is healthy & plays, be prepared for IU to SHOCK THE WORLD !!! (best said in a hysterical German accent, with kind of a "V" sound for the "W")....tho I guess not as much if only a 14-17 point dog...
My reason for calling a head scratcher is because you have Ohio State scoring more points with Ramsey as the starter when IU becomes a more short passing attack more ball control style of offense. This hopefully keeping the ball away from OSU. Ramsey has shown that he can complete passes or scramble for first downs and keep chains moving. Where he struggles is in the red zone. Hopefully CKD can find ways to take advantage of Ramsey’s strengths and also find ways to put it in the end zone.
I am not downplaying Mike Penix talent because he has plenty. I am ecstatic that he is a Hoosier and have been since I found out he chose us over FSUcks.

Really ?!?

My reason for calling a head scratcher is because you have Ohio State scoring more points with Ramsey as the starter when IU becomes a more short passing attack more ball control style of offense. This hopefully keeping the ball away from OSU. Ramsey has shown that he can complete passes or scramble for first downs and keep chains moving. Where he struggles is in the red zone. Hopefully CKD can find ways to take advantage of Ramsey’s strengths and also find ways to put it in the end zone.
I am not downplaying Mike Penix talent because he has plenty. I am ecstatic that he is a Hoosier and have been since I found out he chose us over FSUcks.
I’m hoping Ramsey keeps it close and then Penix comes in for the fourth quarter to bring it home. Also, I’m assuming Ramsey worked on his weaknesses during the off season, including strength and conditioning, and made advances.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT