ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio State/Clemson

Long way to go, but wow. Dominating performance so far by Ohio State. Makes IU, and the one score loss to OSU, look even better and underscores how badly we were screwed by the CFP committee.
Keeping them within 7 and keeping them under 25 both a lot more impressive than GA or Fla.

Reactions: BayernFan
Long way to go, but wow. Dominating performance so far by Ohio State. Makes IU, and the one score loss to OSU, look even better and underscores how badly we were screwed by the CFP committee.

I think Clemson is a very good team, but they haven’t played a good team all year because the ACC is absolute trash. I think ND would have been at best about a .500 team in the BT this year

This is not the OSU we played. They have an edge we didn’t see.

We have played them close a few times. Sometimes we get into the thought that we are on their level. I believe in ‘14 we will played them close. They ended up beating Bama and waxing Oregon for a National Championship.

They have a lot of freakin talent. It’s just their motivation on how they use it. Don’t get it it twisted, I think we are a great team. I just don’t think we are close to that level. I do think Clemson will come back, this game will end up close.

Reactions: Mas-sa-suta
This game? OSU is winning by 21 going into the 4th quarter. You guy’s have some kind of vendetta against them that you really don’t understand how good we might be.

This game? OSU is winning by 21 going into the 4th quarter. You guy’s have some kind of vendetta against them that you really don’t understand how good we might be.
Huh ? You said Clemson would come back and this game would end up close, was just wondering if you still believe that

Guess not? When we were down by 28 to them did you think we’d come back?
Guess I don’t remember exactly what I thought at that moment, but I didn’t make a proclamation that the game would end up close. Glad it did, wish we had one last drive in us that day.

Reactions: 76-1
Dude... this game is over. They look nothing like the team we played. I don’t think they can beat Bama but ****... they are good.

Reactions: iu60
1) I really don't understand what Dabo was thinking calling out a team as good as Ohio St and then doubling down when he had a chance to walk it back. Total lack of humility. Obviously a heck of a coach but an opportunity to learn and grow here.
2) Living in SEC country I get real tired of hearing "Oh Ohio State is overrated, I just don't think they are as good as people think." Really a dumb and lazy take. In the CFP era they are the third best program in the country behind Alabama and Clemson. I'm not going to say I expected them to beat down the Tigers tonight but I'm not at all surprised they won.
3) I also get tired of the disrespect shown to the Big Ten. I'm not a big fan of trashing any conference (because it's dumb and lazy) but it seems confirmation bias is in play here. People in SEC / Clemson land have already decided the Big Ten is not worthy and any hole in the Conference's play is proof of 'what is already known'. I really hope Indiana handles Ole Miss and, although I don't have anything against Alabama I want Ohio State to win very badly because the lazy and dumb analysts will be stammering for an explanation.

1) I really don't understand what Dabo was thinking calling out a team as good as Ohio St and then doubling down when he had a chance to walk it back. Total lack of humility. Obviously a heck of a coach but an opportunity to learn and grow here.
2) Living in SEC country I get real tired of hearing "Oh Ohio State is overrated, I just don't think they are as good as people think." Really a dumb and lazy take. In the CFP era they are the third best program in the country behind Alabama and Clemson. I'm not going to say I expected them to beat down the Tigers tonight but I'm not at all surprised they won.
3) I also get tired of the disrespect shown to the Big Ten. I'm not a big fan of trashing any conference (because it's dumb and lazy) but it seems confirmation bias is in play here. People in SEC / Clemson land have already decided the Big Ten is not worthy and any hole in the Conference's play is proof of 'what is already known'. I really hope Indiana handles Ole Miss and, although I don't have anything against Alabama I want Ohio State to win very badly because the lazy and dumb analysts will be stammering for an explanation.
It is strange how bad the B1G is viewed. The head to head between the B1G vs SEC is almost 50/50. The B1G has handled its business so far this year.,

ADVERTISEMENT