ADVERTISEMENT

Ohio St Got Hosed by Barney Fife Officiating Crew

Etienne was certainly not a superior player.
3 TD's, 130 all pupose yards, being the fastest man on the field, and making winning plays says otherwise. Clemson has won 29 straight, is the defending NC, and is playing in the NC game this year, and Etienne has a lot to do with this. OSU's season is over.

Ohio State was the best college football team in the land in 2019. The only other team with an argument is LSU. Had OSU gone on to win the National Title I was set to begin arguing that they were one of the better teams of the last 20 years. I'm not a big blame the refs kind of guy but there is no way Clemson wins without the aid of two atrocious stomach-turning calls.

How can you kick a guy out of the game for this? When the player getting tackled gets low at the last instant what is the defender supposed to do? People will say don't lead with the crown of your helmet but please demonstrate a form tackle at game speed without doing that.

And for what it's worth I sustained multiple concussions in football. I don't think that hit should even be a personal foul much less an ejection. I think a 10 yard penalty from the spot of the foul is a good compromise. I do care about safety but this over the top.

If player safety is the main concern here then I think it is fair to ask why Lawrence was cleared to keep playing. If an average QB in an average game is laying on the field and needs medical attention following a blow to the head do they magically just go back in the game?

Barney Fife types who never played a down in their life will say oh that's slow motion, no football move, blah blah. Give me a flipping break. The receiver took three steps and began to take a fourth - how is that not a football move? The ball never budges. He's beginning to turn his shoulders up field. If a guy catches the ball, takes three steps and goes out of bounds that's a catch 100 percent of the time. Why does the criteria change since the sideline is not involved? This makes no sense.

And the call on the field is catch and fumble. You're telling me there is indisputable evidence that no football move was made? A judgement call by definition cannot be indisputably overturned.

Clemson fans / Ohio State haters can rationalize with interpretive gymnastics all they want but that's a catch all flipping day long. If that was an Indiana receiver and a Purdue defender in the national championship I would still say this was a catch and fumble.

Ohio State got royally screwed. Football fans got robbed because the two best teams are not playing in the Title game now. I'm salty as heck.[/QUOTE) By definition, the targeting call was right and has been called in every game this year. Player lowered his head and hit Lawrence with the crown. Will be called and upheld everytime. The incomplete pass was a mystery to me as I thought it was a fumble but the rules analyst on the broadcast called it before the review was even announced. But Ohio State lost the game because they could not score in the Red Zone, Those 3 field goals cost them the game as they could not move against Clemson's defense in short yardage situations. Clemson's overall speed advantage finally wore Ohio State down not to mention Clemson played a good part of the game without their 2 best WR's.

ADVERTISEMENT