ADVERTISEMENT

Official Score Prediction Thread INDIANA vs Cincinnati

My last comment before the Cincy game.

We've had two nice seasons in a row that ended with disappointing losses in high-profile bowl games. We followed the Outback Bowl loss with a turd of a performance in the much anticipated season opener at Iowa two weeks ago. Tomorrow's sold-out home game is an opportunity to flush those big game disappointments. We're playing a quality opponent that we need to beat. It's a statement game and, in my opinion, a must-win. No close loss. No excuses. Go Hoosiers!

31-26 IU

People are giving Cincy wayyy too much credit. They’re not Alabama. Not Georgia. Not Clemson. Not Florida. Or half the SEC for that matter. Cincy is a good team in a bad conference. They don’t have any better athletes than we have. We’re at home. We’ll have a chance to win in the 4th.
Did you see the score predictions? Does it look like anyone is confusing them as a potential national champion?

Heart says: IU 28 UC 24
Head says: Cincy 28 IU 17

Not sure why the line is what it is, hopefully Vegas knows something we don't. Honestly think this is a bad matchup for IU. Outside OSU, this will likely be the most prolific offense IU faces this year and Ridder will be the best QB IU plays. They have NFL talent on both sides of the ball and they are G5 in name only. Going to take a whale of a game by the defense to keep it close. Don't have much confidence in Penix at the moment.

Being the Iowa fan, I have no dog in this fight, but I think Indiana shows what they are capable of and beats Cincy 28-21, putting them back in the top 20 next week. Good luck the rest of the season. ;)

Reactions: Bowlmania and 76-1
People need to stop with this "by IU standards" stuff. That's defeatist and embraces mediocrity. I know the team and staff expect a lot more.
I get it but it isn't like IU has a history of being good. The crowds, game day atmosphere and backing will only come after people believe that they will be competitive. Iowa game didn't help.

And just because fans think 7 or 8 would be good, the REAL important thing is the coaches and players would expect more.

Reactions: SRIV94
The crowds, game day atmosphere and backing will only come after people believe that they will be competitive
No. We've won 11 of our last 17 Big Ten games. We're already at "competitive," and the crowd, the game day atmosphere and backing have come. Maybe you didn't hear, but we're sold out today. The time is now. Beat the Bearcats. No excuses.

No score prediction from me, but we’ll have a good idea of the outcome after the first 2-3 IU possessions. If they can at least move the ball a little (not even necessarily score), I like IUs chances because I have confidence in the defense to limit UC. If it’s a replay of the Iowa futility, I’ll have little hope because I don’t think defense and special teams will be able to pick up THAT MUCH slack.

I wouldn't touch the over on an Indiana game. Our offense is almost as bad as our defense is good.
I would sure like to know what the final might have been if we had not lost McFadden. Cincinnati would have had a harder time for sure. Although I would also add that Fryfogle did not play his typical game which could have added points.

No. We've won 11 of our last 17 Big Ten games. We're already at "competitive," and the crowd, the game day atmosphere and backing have come. Maybe you didn't hear, but we're sold out today. The time is now. Beat the Bearcats. No excuses.

And we lost to them so the next game that is not OSU will not be sold out. IU needs to win at a high level for SEVERAL seasons and then maybe it will be sold out on a regular basis.

And we lost to them so the next game that is not OSU will not be sold out. IU needs to win at a high level for SEVERAL seasons and then maybe it will be sold out on a regular basis.
The will be no “regular basis” for IU football, not in your or my lifetime.
IU fans should ride the same bus I’ve been on since Corso. Mostly, poor results with an occasional blip of a nice surprise. That’s the emotional place you all need to accept. This is it. It’s all they got.

The will be no “regular basis” for IU football, not in your or my lifetime.
IU fans should ride the same bus I’ve been on since Corso. Mostly, poor results with an occasional blip of a nice surprise. That’s the emotional place you all need to accept. This is it. It’s all they got.

That is the problem. Outside of the die hard fans like you and others here, IU needs to be competitive and win some of these games before casual fans are going to lay down their hard earned money.

Reactions: SRIV94
ADVERTISEMENT