ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: Purdue @ Indiana

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
I dislike jokes about parties on the Purdue campus. The punch lines are too long.

Why do Purdue engineering students have TGIF on their shoes? Toes go in first.

Following the theme of good sportsmanship that permeates the rivalry of IU vs the downtrodden step child up in Laffy...

I hope Purdue loses.

Purdue 64; Indiana 70

It will be interesting to see Archie hopping around on one foot behind the players that aren't giving 100%.

Last edited:
Close my azz. I guess anymore with this team close is double digits so maybe you are right. PU 82 IU 67

I see no reason to expect different than the first meeting with Purdue or the last game with MN. Our game plan seems to be start slow, get behind double digits and then decide to play a bit to stay even. I might watch the start to see if "drastic changes" means some/all or the starters are sitting at the opening jump ball.

It pains me to type the above words.

Reactions: ThreeToMakeTwo
Stinky Filthy Pigs 74 Drastic Changed Hoosiers 63.
Prop Bets for Game:
-Justine Smith airballs over under 2.
-Devonte Green missed floaters over under 3
-Number of Shots for Romeo over under 9
-Combined minutes for the field this would be Damezi, Race, Jake, Moore, Blackmon over under 10
-Threes for Carsen Edwards left wide open-over under 5
- Missed Blockouts for Justin Smith over under 3.5
- How many time Haarms flips his hair over under 20

I dislike jokes about parties on the Purdue campus. The punch lines are too long.

Following the theme of good sportsmanship that permeates the rivalry of IU vs the downtrodden step child up in Laffy...

I hope Purdue loses.

Purdue 64; Indiana 70

It will be interesting to see Archie hopping around on one foot behind the players that aren't giving 100%.
I usually feel bad for the players when a season goes bad. This year I feel bad for Archie. This team was 12-2 and laid down for several games before beating MSU on the road. They have shown they have the talent. They don't have the heart. That means a loss in a game that comes down to heart. I don't think PU has better talent, coaching, or fans. They have more pride and heart on this team. That isn't something you can turn on and off. If it is close, it is because our talent keeps it close. A lackluster effort with single digit assists will end my IU basketball watching this season.

I usually feel bad for the players when a season goes bad. This year I feel bad for Archie. This team was 12-2 and laid down for several games before beating MSU on the road. They have shown they have the talent. They don't have the heart. That means a loss in a game that comes down to heart. I don't think PU has better talent, coaching, or fans. They have more pride and heart on this team. That isn't something you can turn on and off. If it is close, it is because our talent keeps it close. A lackluster effort with single digit assists will end my IU basketball watching this season.
No it won't.

PU 80 IU 58, Apparently the PU fans are right this year..... IU sucks.

There might be three players on this team that deserve their scholarship, the rest can pound sand. I really wish the players read this forum, they need a swift kick in the face.

I don't think PU has better talent, coaching, or fans. .

Great post, Bud. I always enjoy reading your thoughts. I agree with what you are saying, but I disagree regarding PU not having better coaching. Painter gets a bad rap on this forum mainly because:
1. He isn’t a great recruiter
2. He hasn’t had any tourney success.

Still, he seems to get the most out of his teams. I thought the Boilers would suck this year. And yet, he has a team that has one great player (who I think plays somewhat selfishly), and not much else in position to win a fairly tough B10. Frankly, I hope they do win it. I am sick and Tired of State winning it, same with Wisky, and I can never root for UM.

Painter, to me, seems like a damn good coach. He certainly more of a known commodity than Archie is at this point. I hope miller succeeds here, but in the meantime I would say that the Boilers are a well coached team, and a solid program. Frankly I am jealous, as we are neither of those things right now.

IU 76
PUke 71

Purdue doesn’t have great talent. Even a shitty IU team should be able to handle them at home.

Reactions: Btfu2017

I hope Purdue loses.

Purdue 64; Indiana 70

Purdue 82 IU 52

Great post, Bud. I always enjoy reading your thoughts. I agree with what you are saying, but I disagree regarding PU not having better coaching. Painter gets a bad rap on this forum mainly because:
1. He isn’t a great recruiter
2. He hasn’t had any tourney success.

Still, he seems to get the most out of his teams. I thought the Boilers would suck this year. And yet, he has a team that has one great player (who I think plays somewhat selfishly), and not much else in position to win a fairly tough B10. Frankly, I hope they do win it. I am sick and Tired of State winning it, same with Wisky, and I can never root for UM.

Painter, to me, seems like a damn good coach. He certainly more of a known commodity than Archie is at this point. I hope miller succeeds here, but in the meantime I would say that the Boilers are a well coached team, and a solid program. Frankly I am jealous, as we are neither of those things right now.
He is a good coach, but that is his ceiling at Purdue. Anyone that survives in D1 as long as he has is good. I believe he could be more successful someplace else. I believe Purdue holds him back more than he holds them back similar to Chris Collins. Painter's teams always finds a way to fail at the moment it seems like they are poised to be a national contender.

I believe Archie has the background and success from a difficult place, such as Dayton, to get recognition on a national level. I truly believe he will surpass Painter. It won't happen with this roster, but he will build a winner.

I don't predict scores but PU is playing well and IU is not. This is still PU's National Championship so IU gets their very best effort. Oh, and there will be a record 200 Purdue fans in TAH tonight. Get out the bleach.

Considering the extreme negativity on this board, I am surprised to see so many think IU will win tonight.
I don't usually participate in these prognostications, but I just can't see IU having much hope of beating purdue.
They probably smell blood & will come in tonight hell bent on embarrassing us.
I truly hope I'm wrong, but I see it possibly ending up worse than the Minny game (& that was bad)
purdue 84
Indiana 60

I’ll say Hoosiers 76-67.

Miller has plenty of tape from the Minny game to use to get this teams attention. I don’t expect another repeat of our defensive effort from Saturday-where we gave up a gazzilion uncontested slams/3 pointers.

I expect IU to battle hard in a game that is always tough no matter how good either team is. Records don’t matter in rivalry games.

I expect the Hoosiers to get some home cooking from the refs, and I do not see the Boilers being allowed to shove us around in this one.

Finally, i expect to see Romeo really try to set the tone offensively, I am sure he was reminded more than once how few shots (effort and movement) he had in the last game.

I hope Purdue loses.

Purdue 64; Indiana 70

PU 75 IU 62

IU 72
PU 60

Bet the farm on IU +5 at home against the PUkes
As much as I want to keep my expectations low, I can't stop feeling IU will rise to their abilities one more time. I don't feel strongly enough to bet it will happen.

I can believe Porkchop is preaching this is an opportunity to embarrass IU at home and has been dreaming of this to use on the recruiting trail. He could concede their campus sucks, coeds are ugly and nerdy, black and urine colors are ugly and depressing, and nobody knows where in the hell Purdue is located, but he beat IU at home and away!

I am just hoping IU can muster enough pride and determination to spoil Porkchop's fun!

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
It's been a suckfest of a season, but it ain't over yet no matter how much we may wish it to be.

So, I'm picking IU once again to find a way to turn this ship around.

Great opportunities ahead and the Hoosiers are still not mathematically eliminated from getting an at large bid. If they lose tonight though, it starts to get difficult:D

Reactions: .Gerdis
PU 80 IU 58, Apparently the PU fans are right this year..... IU sucks.

There might be three players on this team that deserve their scholarship, the rest can pound sand. I really wish the players read this forum, they need a swift kick in the face.
Fred says: Ha! Ha! Joke’s on you! Student Bill o’ Rights!

ADVERTISEMENT