ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: NW @ IU

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
IU 75; NW 68

Northwestern in coming off of a big win against Minn. Minn had a down night and were down two good players.

IU and NW have similar W/L records. But IU is on an uptick and I don't think that NW is...and it's at AH.

Another win in the B1G!

I'm not going to predict against this team thinking they are inconsistent. Heck, they are on a win streak.

This one too close to call.

NW had some real chemistry issues early in the year. They seem to be better now, but who knows?

Biggest issue I see for IU is slowing down Pardon inside. And how IU fare from its backcourt?

I could see IU win 71-66 just as well as I could see NW win 81-64.

This one too close to call.

NW had some real chemistry issues early in the year. They seem to be better now, but who knows?

Biggest issue I see for IU is slowing down Pardon inside. And how IU fare from its backcourt?

I could see IU win 71-66 just as well as I could see NW win 81-64.

I think we get taken to the woodshed again tomorrow. Minny sucks without Lynch and Coffee, and I doubt we beat PSU if they have Reaves. Will be delighted if I'm wrong, but the Wisky game deflated what little hope I had left for the season. Hopefully the underclassmen make strides toward next season.

Watching Izzo nearly drop one to Rutgers at Breslin, then lose to Beilein, made for a fun week of hoops though:)

I think we get taken to the woodshed again tomorrow. Minny sucks without Lynch and Coffee, and I doubt we beat PSU if they have Reaves. Will be delighted if I'm wrong, but the Wisky game deflated what little hope I had left for the season. Hopefully the underclassmen make strides toward next season.

Watching Izzo nearly drop one to Rutgers at Breslin, then lose to Beilein, made for a fun week of hoops though:)

Hope you have better luck convincing yourself of your 2nd paragraph than I do. Hard to enjoy a college bball season when we're not winning like we should. Lord knows we've all had that experience all to often these last 20 odd years. Convinced Archie is a good coach and has us on the right path, but it isn't this year!

If we hustle and outwork NW, I think we’ve got a great chance.

They have better overall talent. We’ll have to grind out a victory if we’re gonna get one.

Hope you have better luck convincing yourself of your 2nd paragraph than I do. Hard to enjoy a college bball season when we're not winning like we should. Lord knows we've all had that experience all to often these last 20 odd years. Convinced Archie is a good coach and has us on the right path, but it isn't this year!
I can still enjoy the college season even if we are not playing well. I still love the tournament and will still take days off so I can watch the first round of the tournament even if we are not in it.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
I feel like Northwestern will win, even though it makes more sense to pick IU. I think that it’s just we don’t fare well in games like this, after riding high. I hope we don’t underestimate Northwestern, who seems to be playing better. I’m going with 71-67 Northwestern.

I also felt sure we would win the Ft. Wayne game, had no expectations for PSU, and thought we would lose the Notre Dame game. I’m not great at predicting

IU guts out a tough one, 64-60. Both teams are playing a very slow pace this year, which will lead to a low score. IU holds its own on the boards, and beats NW at the free throw line thanks to the home crowd. NW has the worst FT defense in the league, and we don't have Deron Davis messing up our FT offense anymore.

But if IU doesn't bring the quality energy on the boards for 40 minutes, they're sunk, because the pack-line isn't your ideal defense to defend this NW team. Someone has to keep McIntosh in front of them. If I was Archie, I'd start Hartman as a potential zone-buster, and maybe put McRoberts in front of McIntosh at the beginning, to see if he can stay in front of him. Closing out on Lindsey and Law is a lot easier if McIntosh isn't constantly in the lane.

Go IU.

If I was Archie, I'd start Hartman as a potential zone-buster, and maybe put McRoberts in front of McIntosh at the beginning, to see if he can stay in front of him. Closing out on Lindsey and Law is a lot easier if McIntosh isn't constantly in the lane.

Go IU.

I can answer that one for you right now: No, he can't.

They should be ready to go. IU had 4 off days since their last game which was also at home. I'll pick them to play well and win. They will be well rested and have had a lot of time to prepare.

I feel like Northwestern will win, even though it makes more sense to pick IU. I think that it’s just we don’t fare well in games like this, after riding high. I hope we don’t underestimate Northwestern, who seems to be playing better. I’m going with 71-67 Northwestern.

I also felt sure we would win the Ft. Wayne game, had no expectations for PSU, and thought we would lose the Notre Dame game. I’m not great at predicting
Very glad I was wrong in the worst way

ADVERTISEMENT