ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: IU vs UNC...

jhoban19

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 28, 2003
and what are we drinking tonight?

In honor of The College Cup and the Quest for 9, I thought I'd bring over this little tradition from the Premium Hoops Forum.

I'm looking for the Hoosiers to jump out early against the Tarheels take a lead into the break. UNC will make a push about midway through the 2nd half, but we'll hold on for a post in the title game on Sunday!

IU 2
UNC 1

Think I'll go with a Ten Ninety Saint Jaggery tonight- a Belgian-style Tripel brewed with jaggery sugar (a palm sugar derived from date trees that is used in a lot of Indian cuisine).

What say you Hoosier futbol fans?

GO HOOSIERS!

Reactions: jsnbuckmaster
and what are we drinking tonight?

In honor of The College Cup and the Quest for 9, I thought I'd bring over this little tradition from the Premium Hoops Forum.

I'm looking for the Hoosiers to jump out early against the Tarheels take a lead into the break. UNC will make a push about midway through the 2nd half, but we'll hold on for a post in the title game on Sunday!

IU 2
UNC 1

Think I'll go with a Ten Ninety Saint Jaggery tonight- a Belgian-style Tripel brewed with jaggery sugar (a palm sugar derived from date trees that is used in a lot of Indian cuisine).

What say you Hoosier futbol fans?

GO HOOSIERS!
1-0 Hoosiers...we need to shut down Indiana native Cam Lindley and Alan Winn

We haven't even been close to a shot w 10 to go in the first half. We look like the inferior team here.

It maybe the coach's approach -- keeping possession (is paramount) and then counter attack on a Tar Heel mistake. But the players do not move off the ball. So when the IU player has the ball, he has few options other than to pass sideways. No forward movement or creative as a result.

Its dull watching IU play and straitjacket style for the players.

Very conservative for the first 25 minutes, but I thought they started opening it up a bit later. Looking forward to seeing how aggressive they get in the second half.

Very conservative for the first 25 minutes, but I thought they started opening it up a bit later. Looking forward to seeing how aggressive they get in the second half.

Very slow build up. If they are a counter-attacking team, there has to be better spacing and movement off the ball. They are neither this nor that. There is talent on the team. But its very dull style. Too rigid

We are playing like the inferior team.

It maybe the coach's approach -- keeping possession (is paramount) and then counter attack on a Tar Heel mistake. But the players do not move off the ball. So when the IU player has the ball, he has few options other than to pass sideways. No forward movement or creative as a result.

Its dull watching IU play and straitjacket style for the players.
IU has outscored opponents 48-6 this year. We are 12th in scoring offense and are first in the nation in most shots on goal.

We’re also first in fewest goals allowed.

I don’t really understand what’s dull about that. They’ve been about as dominant as possible and are in the College Cup, as expected.

Reactions: jhoban19
Very slow build up. If they are a counter-attacking team, there has to be better spacing and movement off the ball. They are neither this nor that. There is talent on the team. But its very dull style. Too rigid

We are playing like the inferior team.
I dunno. For the first 20 minutes or so, maybe. I was really worried about UNC's ability to keep possession. But after that, we started getting after them more.

We've got to get some better looks at goal, though. Other than that one 20-yarder, we haven't really created much of anything.

IU has outscored opponents 48-6 this year. We are 12th in scoring offense and are first in the nation in most shots on goal.

We’re also first in fewest goals allowed.

I don’t really understand what’s dull about that. They’ve been about as dominant as possible and are in the College Cup, as expected.

I am surprised because the way the team is set up.. maybe the goals are mainly from set plays and not open field goals? Stats can be deceiving.

I dunno. For the first 20 minutes or so, maybe. I was really worried about UNC's ability to keep possession. But after that, we started getting after them more.

We've got to get some better looks at goal, though. Other than that one 20-yarder, we haven't really created much of anything.

I think technically the players are ok. But just look the next time... the player with the ball will look up and has very little options passing forward. So there is a lot of crab ball.

Either Yeagley thinks we are too vulnerable to the Tar Heel attack so we play possession ball or this is how he sets his team up. (I have not seen IU play a lot since the dad was coaching.)

I think technically the players are ok. But just look the next time... the player with the ball will look up and has very little options passing forward. So there is a lot of crab ball.
I noticed that. But, again, I noticed it was less of a problem later in the half. I think this team was just starting conservative on purpose, to feel UNC out. Plus, don't forget the benefit of having a really deep bench. The later the game gets, the bigger that advantage is. So there's something to be said about playing it safe early against a good team to avoid an early goal.

I noticed that. But, again, I noticed it was less of a problem later in the half. I think this team was just starting conservative on purpose, to feel UNC out. Plus, don't forget the benefit of having a really deep bench. The later the game gets, the bigger that advantage is. So there's something to be said about playing it safe early against a good team to avoid an early goal.

Lets hope. I rather we lose 3-4 than this sort of 1-0 type match.

Its crazy to have the finals on a Sunday. Not enough recuperation time for the players who run between 12-14kms, at speed per match.

Considering that we have been defending most of the game and therefore, more likely to be more tired and prone to defensive errors, we are looking the fresher team.
Tar Heels looks puffed.

Its crazy to have the finals on a Sunday. Not enough recuperation time for the players who run between 12-14kms, at speed per match.

Especially crazy to have it at 1:00 pm---why not 4:00 for a liitle extra rest?

With so little time, Stanford's extra 3 hours of rest could help them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT