ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: IU vs TN Tech

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
IU 79, TN Tech 65

It's not that I think I know which IU will show up...but its fun to try to pin the tail on the donkey.

TN Tech is a decent team. Shoots 3's fairly well. But IU's inside game is much better.

So, will TN Tech shoot 60% of the 3's? Will IU adjust and defend the 3's?

I say this is an up and down team. Could see that coming into the season and we see that now.

Some say Archie Miller is underachieving, is not adjusting, and point to two awful losses to in-state schools. And that IU should never lose to in-state schools by 20 points.

I agree with the latter. And there is some validity to the former.

While responsibility ultimately lies on the head coach, there is a lot of 'blame' that can be spread around. I'm not really into the blame game. It is way too easy to sit at home and to critique others that are struggling. But Archie Miller's been dealt a less than capable roster, one that isn't fitting or doesn't fit the packline defense. Adjustments would be nice. The most important thing about packline is that each teammate must do the right thing at the right time. I went to Dayton's home games when Archie was here in Dayton. He does make adjustments when he should and when he can.

What I will say is that IU, for the first time in 20 years, can be great again under a smart head coach. I support Archie Miller, the team, and enjoy this website.

Reactions: kkott
IU 79, TN Tech 65

It's not that I think I know which IU will show up...but its fun to try to pin the tail on the donkey.

TN Tech is a decent team. Shoots 3's fairly well. But IU's inside game is much better.

I say this is an up and down team. Could see that coming into the season and we see that now.

Some say Archie Miller is underachieving, is not adjusting, and point to two awful losses to in-state schools. And that IU should never lose to in-state schools by 20 points.

While responsibility ultimately lies on the head coach, there is a lot of 'blame' that can be spread around. I'm not really into the blame game. It is way too easy to sit at home and to critique others that are struggling. But Archie Miller's been dealt a less than capable roster, one that isn't fitting or doesn't fit the packline defense. Adjustments would be nice. The most important thing about packline is that each teammate must do the right thing at the right time. I went to Dayton's home games when Archie was here in Dayton. He does make adjustments when he should and when he can.

What I will say is that IU, for the first time in 20 years, can be great again under a smart head coach. I support Archie Miller, the team, and enjoy this website.
IU 86
TN TECH 74

I just hope IU wins. By 1 or by 30 - they just need to win these next two games during the holidays. Merry Christmas!

I hear that TN Tech has some sharp shooters on this team. If IU comes out flat again and plays like they did against IPFW then call me majorly concerned whether its the players fault of Miller's fault. I'm concerned as it is that we came out flat after the IIndiana State beatdown and losing to this team last year. That said, I say we come out and take care of business but will still struggle in some spots and grind out a 10 point victory - 72-62 IU.

IU 79, TN Tech 65

This is the exact same team Crean would have been coaching. This team is the result of 9 years of the previous staff. I thought CAM could make more improvement. CAM made no promises. He saw before we did that shooting and prior years of bad D and allowing high turnover rates would take time to reverse.

Crean was probably glad to step away from this roster. He should get some of the credit for this season looking like last season;

This team is too manic to make a prediction on. One day, we beat a consensus preseason top-15 program in Notre Dame, the next we lose to Fort Wayne and ISU at home. No guesses here, other than I'm hoping for a win.

IU 79, TN Tech 65

IU wins and I don’t get all giddy over it.

IU loses and I don’t get all upset over it.

I hope the players get to enjoy a win as opposed to lamenting a loss. I’ll be fine either way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT