ADVERTISEMENT

Official Prediction Thread: Indiana @ Duke

IU? I'm Fine

All-Big Ten
Jul 23, 2006
Prior to the Gonzaga loss Duke was compared to NBA teams. They played 3 games in 3 days? Well so did Gonzaga. Now they have had almost a week to get their collective heads together and prepare for Indiana.

But is all well in the Dukedom? Word out on Coach K is that while he is the coach with the second most wins in the NCAA...but that is on his recruiting...not coaching? Really? www.dukebasketballunderground.com/game-notes-20182019.html

Well, IU's players have been injured. But will they be good to go Tuesday night?

IU has a freshman PG. Duke has a freshman PG.

IU plays great defense at times. Duke?

IU is flawed. Duke is too. Too many OADs. Chemistry question here.

IU has players that get into foul trouble. Duke does too.

Stop Morgan and Langford...and IU is toast. Stop two of Duke's and they are toast.

It is on the road. I just hope Morgan doesn't get into foul trouble early. Stop Duke's transition game...put them in half court...win the game.

Indiana 83 - Duke 80 Mark it and nail it.

Reactions: MrBing and hondo314
Prior to the Gonzaga loss Duke was compared to NBA teams. They played 3 games in 3 days? Well so did Gonzaga. Now they have had almost a week to get their collective heads together and prepare for Indiana.

But is all well in the Dukedom? Word out on Coach K is that while he is the coach with the second most wins in the NCAA...but that is on his recruiting...not coaching? Really? www.dukebasketballunderground.com/game-notes-20182019.html

Well, IU's players have been injured. But will they be good to go Tuesday night?

Stop Morgan and Langford...and IU is toast. Stop two of Duke's and they are toast.

It is on the road. I just hope Morgan doesn't get into foul trouble early. Stop Duke's transition game...put them in half court...win the game.

How does Coach K have the second most wins? Girls basketball isn’t even a sport so please stop the the GD bs with that! IU pulls off the huge upset. IU 85 Duke 82

Duke 88
IU 64
I’d like to think the upset is happening, but just don’t think it will be tomorrow, at least not at this point in the season. If Morgan gets in early foul trouble....it will be a long night. Smith has got to get into another gear. A bit disappointed in his lack of consistency, and we need to get guys back. Can’t help but wonder what we would look like if everyone was healthy.

Duke 88
Hoosiers 62

Reactions: kkott

We need one guy like Marco Killingsworth and another guy like A.J. Moye to teach the jewelry cheaters a lesson.

True story: Some of my posse were watching basketball at a sports bar a while back and Duke was playing. The announcers were salivating all over their microphones over anything whatsover that had anything to do with Duke.

The TV cameras swung to a crowd shot that showed Coach K's two daughters. My friend said, "Fantastic! There must surely be a God! Krzyzewski's daughters look exactly like their father, not their mother."

coachkcurl.jpg

How does Coach K have the second most wins? Girls basketball isn’t even a sport so please stop the the GD bs with that! IU pulls off the huge upset. IU 85 Duke 82

I think you're insane. We have an all freshman backcourt going into the most hostile environment in the country. In 2015 when we played there we had the best PG in the country and a senior, won the B1G outright, oh and Duke was terrible finishing 25-11 I think. We still lost by 20.

Reactions: largemouth
Duke 85 - IU 67. We come out of it feeling better about ourselves than expected, but still short of a moral victory. Hoosier Nation begins to stir with uneasiness as the season begins to play out with each passing game. We hope to finish conference play in the middle of the top half. It won’t come easily with all the clawing and scratching.

Duke 84 IU 72
Romeo and Morgan rise to the occasion.
Archie knows how Coach K coaches.
It could be much worse, but the Hoosiers won't go away, they just wear down at the end with injuries limiting normal substitutions, and the game is at Cameron. Please God, no TV Ted.

Last edited:
84-75 Duke. I think IU will come out and guard them and the game will start out even but spurts of transition scoring will favor Duke and I think that, plus IU's lack of true outside shooters thus far, will be the primary difference.

If Green/McRoberts/Davis don't play or if Morgan gets in foul trouble early, all bets are off of making it that close.

There is a reason Duke never loses at home in non-conference games... and it's not because they are always the best team.

Duke 83 - IU 69

IU is so depleted that it might take a miracle to win. I think IU could win if at full strength but it would be a close game. So I'm going to have to go with Duke by 15. But I'm hoping for that miracle win!

I’d like to think the upset is happening, but just don’t think it will be tomorrow, at least not at this point in the season. If Morgan gets in early foul trouble....it will be a long night. Smith has got to get into another gear. A bit disappointed in his lack of consistency, and we need to get guys back. Can’t help but wonder what we would look like if everyone was healthy.

Duke 88
Hoosiers 62
very close on score, but you have the schools backwards. You're not Mathboys dad off gold and black are ya...

Reactions: cropper55
84-75 Duke. I think IU will come out and guard them and the game will start out even but spurts of transition scoring will favor Duke and I think that, plus IU's lack of true outside shooters thus far, will be the primary difference.

If Green/McRoberts/Davis don't play or if Morgan gets in foul trouble early, all bets are off of making it that close.
Add to this the fact that, sadly, we are once again a LOUSY free throw shooting team.

Duke does not lose at home in non conference play. A week or two from now I would expect to give them a close game. Any player returning won't be playing a lot of minutes. That might be enough and give players a little longer to catch their breath than they have been getting.

We would have to play a flawless game on the road to win. It isn't likely to happen with the combination of players available and rust that would exist with those coming back.

IU 72 Duke 87

Duke 89
IU 67

I HOPE that the game is this close. I also hope that we get an injured player or two back.

I fear that IU is going to have some significant foul trouble -- Duke is uber athletic and the game is at Cameron. So IU is going to need some nonstarters to play significant, meaningful minutes.

I am not so concerned about FTs. They have to call fouls on Duke to get to the line. What's the chance of that on their home court?

IU has nothing to lose in this game so they will be playing without much pressure. I think IU will probably hang around but there is a high possibility Morgan gets in foul trouble quickly which won't bode well for a close game.

Good luck guys it will be tough playing 5 on 8. I predict 77-72 Indiana. I will be cheering you on Tonight. Don’t be shocked to see the refs take over for puke

Yeah I heard that Duke hasn't lost at home in the non conference since 2000.

The streak doesn't stop tonight.

We are an inside scoring team (our % on 2's are amazing thanks to Morgan and Romeo). Unfortunately Duke is extremely tough defensively in the paint with one of the highest block rates in the game.

The fact that we can't hit free throws just further diminishes our odds.

Morgan was unconscious from three last game...and Romeo actually hit the rim on his three's so...maybe we can shoot 40% like we'll need to?

This sets up like last year vs MSU at the Breslin.

Duke 83 - IU 70.5

IU is not good enough to beat Duke, let alone the refs and Duke. If IU gets the lead, the refs will call ticky-tack fouls on IU. If the fouls aren't enough to change the momentum of the game back in favor of Duke, then they'll call fouls on Morgan or whoever has the hot hand for IU to force them to sit on the bench.

Duke 83
IU 68

ADVERTISEMENT