ADVERTISEMENT

Official F'n Cards thread...

It will never happen thanks to the coastal bias thanks to ESPN. Plus, I heard some moron on Fox Sports claim that Dodgers - Giants was a better rivalry, and he actually cited the Giants fan being nearly beat to death in LA as proof.
Dodgers-Giants is a good rivalry, but it wouldn't stand up if baseball fans in the western third of the nation had any other options whatsoever. Angels disappointed. D-backs flopped. Bad baseball on the left coast.

Reactions: burnthemallralphie
Your reverse jinx is tremendous.

4674930-7340726218-59117.jpg

Reactions: hoosierdug
I think the Cubs bubble is burst; they are toast, because how can they survive with lowly Kyle Hendricks going tomorrow? They didn't square up one ball at the plate today; I think they've lost their mojo.

I think Hendricks goes 7ip 1run. Tomorrow's score: 6-1 Cubs. I know this because I am really, really baked at the moment.

Reactions: HOOS13R and C-$
I think the Cubs bubble is burst; they are toast, because how can they survive with lowly Kyle Hendricks going tomorrow? They didn't square up one ball at the plate today; I think they've lost their mojo.

Cubs are done.

Dead and buried.

I think Hendricks gets hammered in the first inning for about 10 runs tomorrow, before he gets pulled by Dave Martinez (Maddon gets stuck in traffic, and doesn't make it until the 6th inning, when it's too late), and Matheny makes a series of brilliant bullpen changes to keep the Cubs from scoring again.

(Am I doing it right?)

Reactions: C-$
If you are a Cards fan, you should know better than to talk shit before a series is over. See our postseason failures in 2012 and 2013.
You're absolutely right, I should shut off all my electronics when I'm drinking. Nothing good ever comes out of my pie hole when I combine sports and drinking.

Cubs are done.

Dead and buried.
D E S T I N Y

Don't fight it...if the cubs losing in the playoffs is inevitable, relax and enjoy it.

(see goat, that quote can even be used in context of the cubs in the playoffs)

Shaking my damn head. 1-2 count on Carpenter, and Hendricks throws the ball over the heart of the frikkin plate.

And then to hear the announcers tell it - Carpenter worked the count into a hitter's count? Asshats.

You knew the F'n Cards wouldn't go quietly. I don't understand why you throw a curve ball, ever, if you've got a change up that you can keep down in the zone, and that moves?

Okay. Serious baseball thoughts:

1. Hendricks was great today. In the regular season, I think Maddon leaves him in and lets him finish the 5th. But maybe that's an illustration of why it is, in fact, a good idea to have a quick hook if you think your starter is on fumes. Wood stopped the bleeding and ultimately won the game.

2. Cubs winning with small ball is a huge development, because they normally suck at that.

3. Like I said before, I expected this series to start 1-1. I just thought it would go the other way. But the Cubs are sitting pretty now, with Arrieta going in game 3. If Arrieta loses (what?), I think Maddon might pitch Lester on short rest Tuesday, but if Arrieta wins, it's an interesting choice to make. Best case scenario is to win with a bullpen game and have Lester rested and ready for Game 1 in the NLCS (especially since Arrieta would be ready for Game 2, talk about a great way to start the series). But not letting the series go to five games would be huge, so you'd want your best, if available, out there.

4. Without taking the time to crunch the numbers, I get the impression that Schwarber is not as great a hitter coming off the bench as he is in starts.

5. Ump today was much better, but his zone was actually a little small in the upper region, especially on the outside. Both sides got a couple of balls up in the zone called off the plate.

6. Official prediction: Arrieta has his worst outing ever, Cards win 6-0, and when the Wrigley faithful start a riot and burn much of the north side to the ground, MLB cancels the rest of the series and advances the Cards by default.

1. Hendricks was great today. In the regular season, I think Maddon leaves him in and lets him finish the 5th. But maybe that's an illustration of why it is, in fact, a good idea to have a quick hook if you think your starter is on fumes. Wood stopped the bleeding and ultimately won the game.

2. Cubs winning with small ball is a huge development, because they normally suck at that.

3. Like I said before, I expected this series to start 1-1. I just thought it would go the other way. But the Cubs are sitting pretty now, with Arrieta going in game 3. If Arrieta loses (what?), I think Maddon might pitch Lester on short rest Tuesday, but if Arrieta wins, it's an interesting choice to make. Best case scenario is to win with a bullpen game and have Lester rested and ready for Game 1 in the NLCS (especially since Arrieta would be ready for Game 2, talk about a great way to start the series). But not letting the series go to five games would be huge, so you'd want your best, if available, out there.

4. Without taking the time to crunch the numbers, I get the impression that Schwarber is not as great a hitter coming off the bench as he is in starts.

5. Ump today was much better, but his zone was actually a little small in the upper region, especially on the outside. Both sides got a couple of balls up in the zone called off the plate.

6. Official prediction: Arrieta has his worst outing ever, Cards win 6-0, and when the Wrigley faithful start a riot and burn much of the north side to the ground, MLB cancels the rest of the series and advances the Cards by default.

#6 is the best case scenario.

We are so f*cked.

Hendricks typically has major trouble the 3rd time he pitches through the lineup. I think he was coming out once he got to Carpenter the third time unless he was cruising. Nobody in the pen except Strop had pitched since Sunday.

Think you start Hammel in Game 4 with a short leash if Arrieta wins. Cubs have absolutely owned Lynn lately.

If Cubs can move on to the NLCS, Arrieta's lined up to start game 1 Saturday on normal rest, then a rested Lester in game 2.

I've noticed that as well... he seems to do better when he gets to see a pitcher 3-4 times in a game.

Still a big benefit to the Cubs when the zone is called tightly as they rely so much on walks and getting ahead in counts for their offense.

Just as an aside to this, St. Louis maybe in for a "hot time" soon.

Underground fire outside St. Louis has burned since 2010, nears nuclear waste dump

Beneath the surface of a St. Louis-area landfill lurk two things that should never meet: a slow-burning fire and a cache of Cold War-era nuclear waste, separated by no more than 1,200 feet.

Government officials have quietly adopted an emergency plan in case the smoldering embers ever reach the waste, a potentially "catastrophic event" that could send up a plume of radioactive smoke over a densely populated area near the city's main airport.

Although the fire at Bridgeton Landfill has been burning since at least 2010, the plan for a worst-case scenario was developed only a year ago and never publicized until this week, when St. Louis radio station KMOX first obtained a copy...

Something I've been wondering about this reverse jinx stuff... Does that mean @burnthemallralphie is actually a huge Matheny fan?

Birthday is over, dicky. Saying I love Matheny is like saying Money loves Crean (except Matheny has actual success). Cubs win series 3-1, that is not reverse jinx, that is just how I see it. Wacha is a mess right now, Lynn isn't much better. Man, Cards really miss Martinez in this series. I am still perplexed to why Matheny played Moss today. H

Birthday is over, dicky. Saying I love Matheny is like saying Money loves Crean (except Matheny has actual success). Cubs win series 3-1, that is not reverse jinx, that is just how I see it. Wacha is a mess right now, Lynn isn't much better. Man, Cards really miss Martinez in this series. I am still perplexed to why Matheny played Moss today. H

Cubs have no chance.

Arrieta will blow out his elbow on the first pitch and Cubs will forfeit the series.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT