ADVERTISEMENT

Official F'n Cards thread...

Hoops Cat

Hall of Famer
Mar 6, 2007
da Region
Early 1-0 lead for the F'n Cards...

If the home plate ump gives Lackey that much of the plate east and west it's going to be a long night for the Cubs.

Lester got the call off the plate on the outside corner, so as long as the plate is calling it both ways, then I'm all good.

This game is over. Lackey is the greatest pitcher of all time and the Cubs can't even get the bat on the ball.

This home plate ump sucks ballz. The strike zone is getting wider, on some of the pitches, but not other. Especially the outer half to right hand hitters. That favors Lackey.
I think he's been pretty consistent, but it DEFINITELY favors Lackey.

He showed some vulnerability though. Schwarber Bryant Rizzo next inning.

I think he's been pretty consistent, but it DEFINITELY favors Lackey.

He showed some vulnerability though. Schwarber Bryant Rizzo next inning.
No, he's not been consistent. He calls the outside corner based on a whim, evidently. I've counted at least six pitches that he's called a strike, that he's also called a ball. I think he's influenced by the moment; more inclined to call the corner for a 3rd strike than in other counts.

No, he's not been consistent. He calls the outside corner based on a whim, evidently. I've counted at least six pitches that he's called a strike, that he's also called a ball. I think he's influenced by the moment; more inclined to call the corner for a 3rd strike than in other counts.
Okay let me rephrase. Not consistent, but Lester is getting the same calls at the same rate. He just doesn't use it enough. That pitch is in Lackey's wheelhouse.

Bryant looks like he's tired and weak. Rizzo hasn't done a thing the last two games. Those two need to carry us, not hinder us. Currently 0-13 between them two in the post season. Grrrr

Strike zone is big enough that any Cards pitcher could drunk drive through it.

Reactions: C-$
2 mistakes, 2 runs. F'n Cards.

Although, it shouldn't have been a 3-1 count, as the 2-1 ball call was called a strike on many occasions tonight.

Phan killed that ball.

Don't have a dog in this fight, but when you have Ross catching Lester everytime, you're giving two automatic outs through the order. Tough to score runs like that.

Definitely the umps. The 100+ year conspiracy against the Cubs continues...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT