ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

He didn't have to kill it. He just had to not shit the bed. And he succeeded.

Trump is losing. He needs to win the debates. Joe is winning. He doesn't need to.

Trump did not accomplish what he needed to accomplish. Preliminary numbers suggest Joe expanded his lead very slightly. Even if that bump is temporary, it means that Trump didn't do what he needed to do: gain ground.

Look I'm not saying Trump is going to win. But I'll tell you this. The Trump base is absolutely jacked and ready to go. The enthusiasm is as high as ever. It may only be 43-45% of the country but they will vote in record numbers. When was the last time a candidate had this much enthusiasm behind them and got blown out or even lost?

Hillary - no enthusiasm
Romney - no enthusiasm
McCain - no enthusiasm
Kerry - no enthusiasm
Gore - no enthusiasm
Dole - no enthusiasm
HW - no enthusiasm
Dukakis - no enthusiasm
Mondale- no enthusiasm
Carter - no enthusiasm

There is no enthusiasm for Biden.

Look I'm not saying Trump is going to win. But I'll tell you this. The Trump base is absolutely jacked and ready to go. The enthusiasm is as high as ever. It may only be 43-45% of the country but they will vote in record numbers. When was the last time a candidate had this much enthusiasm behind them and got blown out or even lost?

Hillary - no enthusiasm
Romney - no enthusiasm
McCain - no enthusiasm
Kerry - no enthusiasm
Gore - no enthusiasm
Dole - no enthusiasm
HW - no enthusiasm
Dukakis - no enthusiasm
Mondale- no enthusiasm
Carter - no enthusiasm

Your point is well taken. That said, there's plenty of enthusiasm to defeat Trump.

Hillary - no enthusiasm
Romney - no enthusiasm
McCain - no enthusiasm
Kerry - no enthusiasm
Gore - no enthusiasm
Dole - no enthusiasm
HW - no enthusiasm
Dukakis - no enthusiasm
Mondale- no enthusiasm
Carter - no enthusiasm

I can feel the electricity!

9875611.jpg

Your point is well taken. That said, there's plenty of enthusiasm to defeat Trump.
This is the part that Trumpers don't understand. They think that because they're angry, that because they're loud and proud, that because they're entitled to govern, that the "libs" are just going to roll over and let them. What they don't understand is that the anti-Trump and non-Trump people are quietly ready to step up and say "you're fired." The Trump folks think that they don't have to deal with the rest of us, that we'll go quietly because they've threatened the rest of us with violence . . . but they're the ones scared shitless of a little bit of protesting and breaking of windows.

Joe ain't a political movement . . . he's a symptom of what ails the country. But he ain't Trump, and he's got the potential to be a symbol of a very virulent political movement . . .

. . . Trump is headed for jail if only on state charges, and Joe is headed for the White House. Bring it on . . . .

Agreed. It’s not that they care one way or another about Biden it’s that they hate trump and want him out. A referendum on trump.

How much did enthusiasm was there from you lefties to get Dubya out in 2004? Republicans absolutely loathed Obama in 2012 and wanted him defeated so badly.

Hillary - no enthusiasm
Romney - no enthusiasm
McCain - no enthusiasm
Kerry - no enthusiasm
Gore - no enthusiasm
Dole - no enthusiasm
HW - no enthusiasm
Dukakis - no enthusiasm
Mondale- no enthusiasm
Carter - no enthusiasm

This is pretty pointless since you’re not defining what you mean by enthusiasm. How is a big lead not evidence of “enthusiasm”? I’d think the scarce number of people saying they are undecided indicates enthusiasm on both sides. When’s the last time a candidate won without “enthusiasm”?

Or is this more about your level enthusiasm aka your feelz?

Hillary - no enthusiasm
Romney - no enthusiasm
McCain - no enthusiasm
Kerry - no enthusiasm
Gore - no enthusiasm
Dole - no enthusiasm
HW - no enthusiasm
Dukakis - no enthusiasm
Mondale- no enthusiasm
Carter - no enthusiasm

So you're the arbiter of "enthusiasm" for 11 presidential candidates going back to 1976? That's pretty funny. It's also humorous that two of your "no enthusiasm" candidates actually defeated their opponents in the popular vote, one by more than 3 million votes.

You're completed ensconced in your Trump bubble, so you have little awareness of what's going on outside of it. There's enormous enthusiasm for Biden. He is raking in the dough, and had a huge fundraising night on Tuesday, during and immediately after the debate. Also, early voting in many jurisdictions suggests record turnout - - for Democrats.

Trump won in 2016 because of a perfect storm, an election anomaly that has little statistical chance of repeating itself this year. He's in deep shit, and he knows it.

The Trump base is absolutely jacked and ready to go. The enthusiasm is as high as ever.

There seemed to be some dampened enthusiasm from many Republicans yesterday over the development that the POTUS has basically personally taken over the lead of the white nationalist movement, ordering his armed redneck thugs to be ready to do their job.

Reactions: largemouth
Oh it exists, on the right wing propaganda networks that want to stoke fear in old fat white men.

It obviously worked on you. "theys gonna take all muh stuff and burns down muh barn" ...

lmao ... rubes

Stupid + arrogant is not a good look for you.

Hillary - no enthusiasm
Romney - no enthusiasm
McCain - no enthusiasm
Kerry - no enthusiasm
Gore - no enthusiasm
Dole - no enthusiasm
HW - no enthusiasm
Dukakis - no enthusiasm
Mondale- no enthusiasm
Carter - no enthusiasm

Biden looked like he has one foot in the grave. He's a nonentity.

Reactions: Lucy01
T.rump Fever...catch it!

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200620185630-trump-tulsa-outdoor-overflow-event.jpg

(T.rump Fever is not meant to be confused with Covid-19. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual viruses is purely coincidental.)

Junior is drawing bigger crowds than Kamala and probably Joe too if he ever left the basement. Junior!

lol...What town do I live in Sporto?

Your hysterical excuse-making meltdowns while stalking me are a window into your embittered lack of self esteem.

It's ok Sporto...people like me will continue to support you and your feral brood.

You are welcome.
”Feral brood”... not bad. You support me? Lol

If it’s not Bloomington or Indy then it’s somewhere on the dump scale that’s not up to my standards. (no offense to anyone, I spent my first 18 years in central IN)

You have nothing to say outside of parroting Fox News drivel about places you know nothing about. Why waste your time when you could be fixing your outhouse, tending the rabbits, etc.?

Junior is drawing bigger crowds than Kamala and probably Joe too if he ever left the basement. Junior!
Going to a cult meeting is one thing, being kind of serious about Covid-45 is another.

Oh, and should I go back and find all of your predictions of what Joe's performance was going to be at the debate? He sure made T.rump look like a raving lunatic who can't even afford to denounce White Supremicists.

If it’s not Bloomington or Indy then it’s somewhere on the dump scale that’s not up to my standards. (no offense to anyone, I spent my first 18 years in central IN)

You have nothing to say outside of parroting Fox News drivel about places you know nothing about. Why waste your time when you could be fixing your outhouse, tending the rabbits, etc.?

lol...you bet Cletus. And you are welcome.

Where do I state only older people have done these things? Aren’t their more older people that will vote for Trump. Reading comprehension, my man, quit jumping to conclusions. Your judgements of others whose opinions differ from yours make you a terrible person.

That game is easy to play, but simple minded & bigoted.
What debate were you watching? Biden looked trim, fit and healthy. Trump was flushed, puffy and bloated. He looks like the next Big Mac might be the one that does him in.
In that case, I'm buying.

Yeah Biden looked pretty good.
I thought Biden looked and sounded old as hell. I was surprised how much he’s aged since being vp. He’ll look like a cadaver at the end of his presidency at 82. I still can’t get over how good fauci looks.

Wow........are you dishonest, or just blinded by your indoctrination?
I would say it is you that is dishonest. Hard to take you seriously. Biden got stronger as the night went in.

His answer on accepting election results was especially strong. How you guys let a reality star upset all norms and standards of a country that has been around for 244 years is beyond me. Time for a reset. Four more years of Trump will only lead to a continued diminishment of this country on the world stage.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
I would say it is you that is dishonest. Hard to take you seriously. Biden got stronger as the night went in.

His answer on accepting election results was especially strong. How you guys let a reality star upset all norms and standards of a country that has been around for 244 years is beyond me. Time for a reset. Four more years of Trump will only lead to a continued diminishment of this country on the world stage.

If you're going to try an insult, try to keep up. I said he looked like he had one foot in the grave. He in fact looked like a ghost. I said nothing about how he sounded, or his answers. With regard to that, I thought his voice held up. However, the substance was weak as hell, imo.

I’d like to buy you for what you’re worth & sell you for what you think you’re worth...I’ll bet your place is real nice :rolleyes:

Reactions: brianiu
If you're going to try an insult, try to keep up. I said he looked like he had one foot in the grave. He in fact looked like a ghost. I said nothing about how he sounded, or his answers. With regard to that, I thought his voice held up. However, the substance was weak as hell, imo.
Biden isn't as experienced with makeup as is Trump.

I thought Biden looked and sounded old as hell. I was surprised how much he’s aged since being vp. He’ll look like a cadaver at the end of his presidency at 82. I still can’t get over how good fauci looks.

Well, he is old as hell but i thought he looked pretty healthy. They need to give him a bit more makeup as the lights wash old people out.

I’d like to buy you for what you’re worth & sell you for what you think you’re worth...I’ll bet your place is real nice :rolleyes:
That reminds me of the story of Tiger Woods playing golf with Charles Barkley (a true story, supposedly). After they both teed off, they were walking down the fairway. Tiger suddenly said something like, "I hear they are going to build a Wal-Mart out here. When Charles asked where, Tiger responded, "Between your ball and mine."

ADVERTISEMENT