ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

91tsamswk7q51.jpg

Or they just believe he is the lesser of two evils. Many who vote for Trump are older people that have likely done far more for the country than you, including people that have fought in foreign wars, people that volunteer in charitable organizations, etc. While opining that they are misguided, misinformed, etc. is debatable, to say anyone that votes for Trump is a terrible citizen is irresponsible & inaccurate. You all have your opinions, & that’s fine, but change happens by setting an example & taking action, not having an opinion.
That’s utter bullshit, champ. The Trumpers I know are indeed older but they haven’t done shit for the country except contributing to the economy. They’re good people - but don’t make it seem like they’re wise and learned. They’re mostly just dumbasses that believe social media and Rush Limbaugh.

IMO Scott's situation has to be one of two:

1. He doesn't believe Trump is racist (seems odd at this stage.)
2. Or he believes being a GOP politician is more important than disavowing a racist

But at this stage, you can't really pretend your party isn't racist. He has no dignity at this point like many of his other colleagues.

IMO Scott's situation has to be one of two:

1. He doesn't believe Trump is racist (seems odd at this stage.)
2. Or he believes being a GOP politician is more important than disavowing a racist

But at this stage, you can't really pretend your party isn't racist. He has no dignity at this point like many of his other colleagues.
Bullshit.

Reactions: ulrey
That’s utter bullshit, champ. The Trumpers I know are indeed older but they haven’t done shit for the country except contributing to the economy. They’re good people - but don’t make it seem like they’re wise and learned. They’re mostly just dumbasses that believe social media and Rush Limbaugh.
I know some that are, but I guess if you don’t know them they don’t exist? OK man, whatever you say.

Reactions: Lucy01
Not snark. Goat made the claim, I made counterpoints, Sope defended Goat but is evading answering the question because he knows I’m right & Goat is wrong...
No, it was flaming, and you got called on it.

Sope strikes me as the kind of guy who says what he means, and wouldn't give 2 shits about trying to evade the likes of you.

I know some that are, but I guess if you don’t know them they don’t exist? OK man, whatever you say.
You know just as many that have served their country in harm’s way, that think Trump is a despicable ass. If you don’t, you need to get out more.

I watched and enjoyed it fully. I picked up on a basic strategy and came away with 2 takeaways.

1. If any of you think that someone who was going to vote for Donald Trump now changed their mind, you are out of your mind. He didn't lose any of his base and this election is going to come down to turnout of the base.

2. He wanted Joe Biden to alienate the radical left to suppress turnout. He won that going away by getting Joe to claim he is the democratic party, that the "manifesto" is not his plan and that he doesn't support The Green New Deal. This will definitely suppress some turnout form the radical left. They weren't excited about him before and they are even less enthused now.

Neither candidate picked up any additional support, but Donald Trump didn't need to. His base will turn out in droves. His strategy from here on out is about suppressing the other side and from that perspective, he won last night bigly.
Donald Trump lost people last night. Biden picked up some. Trump’s bade is always motivated. Fortunately for us, Trump’s base is not big enough. And he’s done nothing in four years to try to expand it. And you have no idea how motivated people are to get him out of office.

You know just as many that have served their country in harm’s way, that think Trump is a despicable ass. If you don’t, you need to get out more.
I do. You’re making the same mistake Goat & Sope are, which is to say it’s all one way or the other. There are some on both sides, & I never said otherwise. My problem is with those that are Ignorant of that fact.

Scary thought. How do you feel about his unwillingness to condemn white supremacy?

Why is that a scary thought, it is people like me who will deliver us from Trump.

His unwillingness was completely predictable...you were surprised?

Last edited:

https://www.gardnerintelligence.com/economics/post/cutting-tool-orders-possibly-turning-up
Marvin, always going to be based on either growth or contraction. It it currently showing growth (PMI) and I can certainly guess that most major cutting tool suppliers and their subsequent distributors are suffering, 15%-35% down YOY, my guess. OEM purchases probably up due to low or suspended interest rates.

Yes, 2019 it began to contract for consecutive months. Based on YOY it was obviously contracting, 2018 was phenomenal. .

https://www.statista.com/statistics/271662/purchasing-managers-index-pmi-in-the-united-states/
You would be hard pressed to find anyone in the manufacturing sector, save O&G, that would admit to any sort of “recession“ during 2019, even in the last Q. Specific to sales, flat to slightly down at worst.

More broadly, I was pointing out what effect the shut down had on the economy, specific to manufacturing. Things are getting better, but unlike the growth the PMI indicates, manufacturing bottomed out for a solid four months.
It seemed that Biden indicated people wanted to “feel safe” and dangles the carrot of shutting things down again, if necessary.

We can’t handle another shut down, again, we cannot handle another shutdown.
For the record, I neither credit nor discredit Trump for the strong manufacturing environment during his term. Don't be fooled, plenty of industry continues its march toward Mexico and other foreign soil. There’s a special sort of exodus out of Illinois, but that’s a completely different story.

Wait...Portland has law enforcement? thought they all booked before that place crates into the earth,
That was also a conservative myth. Portland was never burning to the ground and we never lost it. There were some continuous areas, but it amounted to two cities blocks.

I’m not excusing violence, but the stories to scare the suburban housewives - and you apparently - were made up. You can stop clutching your pearls now.

That was also a conservative myth. Portland was never burning to the ground and we never lost it. There were some continuous areas, but it amounted to two cities blocks.

I’m not excusing violence, but the stories to scare the suburban housewives - and you apparently - were made up. You can stop clutching your pearls now.

Where was all that video shot? Sound stages? War zones?
Where were all those pictures taken?
Reporting all fake?

Sounds a lot more like you are making excuses.

Reactions: Spartans9312

You are wrong about Portland. A lot was concentrated but to say some neighborhoods weren't affected is false.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
Donald Trump lost people last night. Biden picked up some. Trump’s bade is always motivated. Fortunately for us, Trump’s base is not big enough. And he’s done nothing in four years to try to expand it. And you have no idea how motivated people are to get him out of office.

No minds were changed last night. It was exactly what was expected. This race has been over for months.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
yea. Joe killed it last night..

He doesn't care. He is putting the mechanism to either steal the election or at worst, solidify his customer/audience base for his Trump TV project. He will forever have the prefix, Mr President, next to his name now.

Plus I am sure he will have some backpay for all the work he has done by the enemies of the country... I see you Putin ---- whose goal has always been to disrupt and then diminish the American political system and eventually the economy.
After all, he has a $420million loan that needs to be re-paid in less than 24months time.
The man's got to eat and feed his family.

Reactions: Bill4411
Can you imagine your income depending on promoting convention and tourism business in Portland for the next 20 years? Lol.
20 years! Portland will be Portland in a month or so, and your 20 year apocalypse prediction will die like the chitty little Indiana town that you live in died decades ago.

You don’t know anything about Portland so please be quiet.

yea. Joe killed it last night..
He didn't have to kill it. He just had to not shit the bed. And he succeeded.

Trump is losing. He needs to win the debates. Joe is winning. He doesn't need to.

Trump did not accomplish what he needed to accomplish. Preliminary numbers suggest Joe expanded his lead very slightly. Even if that bump is temporary, it means that Trump didn't do what he needed to do: gain ground.

As I get older I'm starting to realize that saying anyone has done more for their country because they are older is complete and utter bullshit. Some have, some haven't; most have lived and are living their lives like the rest of, just trying to get by. Arguing McCain/Obama, Bush/Gore, Clinton/Dole is reasonable and took place during each of those election cycles and no one was absolutely right or wrong in their arguments. This is not an equivalent. If you are willing to vote for a want-to-be autocrat you are a terrible citizen, it doesn't matter if you're 18 or 800.
And a terrible human being. Unless one is an extremely hard-core single issue pro-life person. But quite often those people who are pro-life are anti Planned Parenthood.

Can’t get back that hour of my life. This was incredibly enlightening. Kind of like the debate. Go to your rooms, children!!

20 years! Portland will be Portland in a month or so, and your 20 year apocalypse prediction will die like the chitty little Indiana town that you live in died decades ago.

You don’t know anything about Portland so please be quiet.

lol...What town do I live in Sporto?

Your hysterical excuse-making meltdowns while stalking me are a window into your embittered lack of self esteem.

It's ok Sporto...people like me will continue to support you and your feral brood.

You are welcome.

2016 was decided in the last week of October. Not sure that's as likely this year, since there will be so much more early voting.

Actually it was decided Sept 10, 2016. The Comey announcement was the last week of October but the damage was already done.

Proud Boys are standing by

Yesterday Trump said he doesn't really know who the PBs are. As long as he doesn't tweet that, they will never know as i doubt those inbreds watch much news.

At the same time Biden told PBs and all white supremists to "cease and desist" which is good but he somehow forgot to say the same to the anarchists on the left. Hypocritical of him to say the least, but someone will defend it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT