ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

I’m not going to read 200+ comments / 7 pages. But the bottom line is that Biden reacted to a Trump that was even worse than expected. It was embarrassing - on both of them.
Namby pamby Bullshit. This is all on trump.

My wife felt that Biden's biggest problem was that he is too calm and reserved. Kamala would tackle Trump with a booming voice and bat down his bullshit. Biden doesn't have the voice and temperament for that. He couldn't get in a word at times.
That's all Trump has . . . it's like the rumor at law school . . . if you have the law on your side, argue the law, if you have the facts on your side, argue the facts . . . if you don't have the law or the facts on your side, then just argue like hell. Trump's whole strategy is not to let anyone else get any attention . . . but I think it's going to backfire on him. Folks will sense in their guts that Trump is weak.

My wife felt that Biden's biggest problem was that he is too calm and reserved. Kamala would tackle Trump with a booming voice and bat down his bullshit. Biden doesn't have the voice and temperament for that. He couldn't get in a word at times.

There's no point.... what does that lead to? Two screeching lunatics instead of one?

That's all Trump has . . . it's like the rumor at law school . . . if you have the law on your side, argue the law, if you have the facts on your side, argue the facts . . . if you don't have the law or the facts on your side, then just argue like hell. Trump's whole strategy is not to let anyone else get any attention . . . but I think it's going to backfire on him. Folks will sense in their guts that Trump is weak.

I hope you're right, though, I am concerned the machismo plays well with too many...

Own what?

One's a dementia patient with a bug in his ear telling him his stance on policy, the other is an idiot who's too narcissistic to realize his own shortcomings.

It's embarrassing for America that these are the best we got. If I vote for Trump it will be because he's the lesser of two evils but I'm not even sure after tonight.
Stop with the bug in the ear crap. You are parroting Trump. Own it. Your President is a racist and your ok with that.

There's no point.... what does that lead to? Two screeching lunatics instead of one?

Well some stupidos might view it as weakness that Biden was unable to get a word in at times. It's not his temperament to punch back in those moments, though a time or two may have been appropriate. I hope most came away with the impression that Trump belongs in an institution.

Fact checking Trump's lies tonight would take about 8 hours. What massive piles of excrement.

I always thought I was a pragmatic cynic like this, too. But the truth is, there's something sacred about your vote in a democracy. I'm currently torn about what to do with my vote for Governor. I want to reward Holcomb for doing a good job, but I want to punish the GOP for supporting Trump. I know that my vote really doesn't matter. Holcomb is going to win, easily. But it's still my vote, and I want it to be for the right guy.

I voted for Holcomb, quite happily. I've been incredibly impressed.... he's the least partisan politician I've seen in what seems like forever. He's obviously going to win in a landslide, so doesn't much matter.

I would like to know what Hunter did with the 3 1/2 million dollars!
The difference is that Trump himself released a transcript documenting that Trump made a phone call threatening to withhold U.S. money from a foreign government unless that government investigated the Bidens.

Can you point to a specific conversation by either of the Bidens connecting Joe Biden's status as vice president to any benefit to Hunter Biden? The Republicans couldn't find any such evidence.

But we know Trump abused his office to encourage foreign action against Biden.

This isn't the time in history to joke about serious things.

I voted for Holcomb, quite happily. I've been incredibly impressed.... he's the least partisan politician I've seen in what seems like forever. He's obviously going to win in a landslide, so doesn't much matter.
State vs. national anyway . . . I'd vote for the candidate who's governed well, and if that's a Republican, then I'd vote for the Republican. I'd then punish the hell out of the senate and congressional GOP candidates . . . .

I'll probably end up voting for him. I almost always* vote for at least one Republican, and he'll probably be the one this year.

*Not in 2016, though.

Reactions: Sope Creek
We won’t have to worry about the counting of votes taking weeks or even days. This election is over. Florida will go to Biden early on election night and it will be goodbye Trump.

I'll probably end up voting for him. I almost always* vote for at least one Republican, and he'll probably be the one this year.
I'd give Holcomb credit for being one of the least Trumpy Republicans I can think of.

If there's an endgame to Trump's gambit, obviously it goes through the courts or Congress, but it still involves the mail-in ballots. That's the whole point. He knows there will be a blue shift, and he needs to be the "winner" after all the in-person votes are counted, but before they open most of the absentee ballots.

Maybe I’m naive, but if Trump’s plan to steal the election by going all the way to the Supreme Court to invalidate mail in ballots comes to fruition, I have a hard time believing Roberts, Gorsuch, and maybe even Alito and Coney-Barrett go along with putting the nail in democracy’s coffin for DJT.

Reactions: Bill4411
I always thought I was a pragmatic cynic like this, too. But the truth is, there's something sacred about your vote in a democracy. I'm currently torn about what to do with my vote for Governor. I want to reward Holcomb for doing a good job, but I want to punish the GOP for supporting Trump. I know that my vote really doesn't matter. Holcomb is going to win, easily. But it's still my vote, and I want it to be for the right guy.
If you want to punish the Indiana GOP, then vote straight Democrat. Indiana will still go Republican, so you don't have to worry about electing a bad Democrat.

But if enough do this, the Republicans will still notice that their victory margin dropped. They're stupid and parochial but maybe they'll get the idea that they made a mistake supporting trump.

Maybe I’m naive, but if Trump’s plan to steal the election by going all the way to the Supreme Court to invalidate mail in ballots comes to fruition, I have a hard time believing Roberts, Gorsuch, and maybe even Alito and Coney-Barrett go along with putting the nail in democracy’s coffin for DJT.
Yeah . . . it'd be a poser if they did.

Reactions: Bill4411
I don't think you're naive. He's hoping for GOP Governors/legislatures and Congress to do the dirty work. All SCOTUS has to do is say "This is a political question, so we're going to sit it out.*" The Court will remain pure, even if the decision (or lack thereof) is apocalyptic.

* "Like we should have in 2000" will remain unstated, except for in the vigorous dissents.

Reactions: Morrison
I don't think you're naive. He's hoping for GOP Governors/legislatures and Congress to do the dirty work. All SCOTUS has to do is say "This is a political question, so we're going to sit it out.*" The Court will remain pure, even if the decision (or lack thereof) is apocalyptic.

* "Like we should have in 2000" will remain unstated, except for in the vigorous dissents.
FOR THE FAINTING COUCH CROWD:

No, I don't think this outcome is likely. I'm just describing what appears to be one of Trump's many game plans for finding a way to keep power.

Meh..... the Dems now control the governorship in the majority of swing states.

Stop with the bug in the ear crap. You are parroting Trump. Own it. Your President is a racist and your ok with that.
Yeah (like many others on this board) I couldn't care less about your opinion.

Also, based on things that they've said in the past, if Trump is a racist then Biden is a borderline klansman.

How do you continue to defend this man is beyond me. Joe is a blah candidate to be sure, but the choice at this point is obvious. This country needs a reset and simply can't withstand another 4 years of Trump.

I think you responded to the wrong person. I have not defended anyone.

Even if actual Undecideds is 3-5%, Trump just lost 3-5%. Stack that on Biden’s current lead and it’s leaning landslide.

I'd like to see how Trump might handle a bar room fight. My bet would be he would get beaten up pretty badly in most bar rooms . . .

. . . I just don't think he's anything of who his base thinks he is.
LOL! I have no doubt I’d kick that old dude’s arse. Seriously. I’d feel bad though. And I’d spend the rest of my life in prison. . .

ADVERTISEMENT