ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

That makes Joe the winner. He had the most to lose coming in.

Even Chris Christie said Trump was too hot throughout. He seemed desperate, which isn't good for the incumbent.
That's probably the key point. Debates don't always have big effects. In fact, they usually probably don't. And whenever they don't, that's effectively a win for the frontrunner. The only candidate who needed a win tonight was Trump. It seems unlikely he got it.

That makes Joe the winner. He had the most to lose coming in.

Even Chris Christie said Trump was too hot throughout. He seemed desperate, which isn't good for the incumbent.

Agree.

Joe even as on his heels as he was won by not losing.

I would like to see him answer the court packing question which he refused to.

I’m not going to read 200+ comments / 7 pages. But the bottom line is that Biden reacted to a Trump that was even worse than expected. It was embarrassing - on both of them.

Reactions: Birnk403
Did you catch him previewing his blue shift strategy? He's hoping he'll be ahead in the vote count on election night and then claim all the to-be-counted mail ballots are invalid.

I’ve heard people saying that is Trump’s plan since at least May, maybe even April.

Forget mail In ballots. Trump’s plan is to let either congress or SCOTUS decide the election. It won’t be the voters.

I’m not going to read 200+ comments / 7 pages. But the bottom line is that Biden reacted to a Trump that was even worse than expected. It was embarrassing - on both of them.
You're the first to say that, Noodle . . . in those 7 pages are comments about how, in the 2nd half of the debate, Biden came across as collected.

What makes you say Biden "reacted" to Trump? Did he come across as triggered? Was he any more reactive to Trump than Wallace was?

Yeah you will . . . just own it when you do.
Own what?

One's a dementia patient with a bug in his ear telling him his stance on policy, the other is an idiot who's too narcissistic to realize his own shortcomings.

It's embarrassing for America that these are the best we got. If I vote for Trump it will be because he's the lesser of two evils but I'm not even sure after tonight.

I’ve heard people saying that is Trump’s plan since at least May, maybe even April.

Forget mail In ballots. Trump’s plan is to let either congress or SCOTUS decide the election. It won’t be the voters.
If there's an endgame to Trump's gambit, obviously it goes through the courts or Congress, but it still involves the mail-in ballots. That's the whole point. He knows there will be a blue shift, and he needs to be the "winner" after all the in-person votes are counted, but before they open most of the absentee ballots.

You're the first to say that, Noodle . . . in those 7 pages are comments about how, in the 2nd half of the debate, Biden came across as collected.

What makes you say Biden "reacted" to Trump? Did he come across as triggered? Was he any more reactive to Trump than Wallace was?
I don't know if this has anything to do with Noodle's point, but I saw some steam coming out of Joe's collar when Trump was going after his kids.

I thought Biden was cool and collected. The man across from him behaved as a rabied animal. I don't know that anyone could have behaved calmer than Biden did.

Reactions: iuwclurker
Own what?

One's a dementia patient with a bug in his ear telling him his stance on policy, the other is an idiot who's too narcissistic to realize his own shortcomings.

It's embarrassing for America that these are the best we got.
Your vote.

I have no doubt you'll end up pulling a lever for Trump. I just want you to own that vote both when and after you do it.

I agree that it's embarrassing that we have these two as candidates . . . but as between them I think the better choice is pretty clear if for no reason other than Biden ain't Trump. Make of that what you want to, but it's a fact.

If there's an endgame to Trump's gambit, obviously it goes through the courts or Congress, but it still involves the mail-in ballots. That's the whole point. He knows there will be a blue shift, and he needs to be the "winner" after all the in-person votes are counted, but before they open most of the absentee ballots.
Of course that's his play. Only way it's not is if it's called on election night, which would mean a landslide.

the candidate who is, by rule. supposed to be quiet for 2 whole minutes

NEEDS TO HAVE HIS MICROPHONE MUTED.

What an embarrassing display by the 3rd grader in Chief.

Reactions: StelioKontos
I don't know if this has anything to do with Noodle's point, but I saw some steam coming out of Joe's collar when Trump was going after his kids.
What rational human being wouldn't react the same way under those circumstances?

I'd have loved to see Joe and Don square off at a local bar 30 years ago. I have little doubt who'd chase the other off, foot firmly planted in the other's ass in a 3 legged race to the doctor.

Your vote.

I have no doubt you'll end up pulling a lever for Trump. I just want you to own that vote both when and after you do it.

I agree that it's embarrassing that we have these two as candidates . . . but as between them I think the better choice is pretty clear if for no reason other than Biden ain't Trump. Make of that what you want to, but it's a fact.
Why do you keep saying that I have to "own that vote"? I don't have to "own" anything. If I want to vote Trump I will, if I want to sit this one out I can also do that.

News flash, Trump is winning Indiana easily with or without my vote.

What rational human being wouldn't react the same way under those circumstances?

I'd have loved to see Joe and Don square off at a local bar 30 years ago. I have little doubt who'd chase the other off, foot firmly planted in the other's ass in a 3 legged race to the doctor.
Indeed. Considering the circumstances, I thought that was Joe's most composed moment.

(Of the ones I saw, at least.)

Noticed that Trump never denied the losers and suckers references.

Why do you keep saying that I have to "own that vote"? I don't have to "own" anything. If I want to vote Trump I will, if I want to sit this one out I can also do that.

Yeah, I figured Indiana would go GOP . . . it's one of the reasons I moved to a progressive place like Georgia . . . which might go blue this year, but I kinda doubt it.

My wife felt that Biden's biggest problem was that he is too calm and reserved. Kamala would tackle Trump with a booming voice and bat down his bullshit. Biden doesn't have the voice and temperament for that. He couldn't get in a word at times.

I always thought I was a pragmatic cynic like this, too. But the truth is, there's something sacred about your vote in a democracy. I'm currently torn about what to do with my vote for Governor. I want to reward Holcomb for doing a good job, but I want to punish the GOP for supporting Trump. I know that my vote really doesn't matter. Holcomb is going to win, easily. But it's still my vote, and I want it to be for the right guy.

ADVERTISEMENT