ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

You're friends with a multi billionaire? Wow
LOL yeah he's a multi billionaire but no we are not friends. i just know him. my buddy has been his personal lawyer for more than thirty years. and i know the guy's business partner (who is also a multi billionaire now).

I’ve toyed with adding dangerously partisan to the list, but that falls under dangerously irresponsible. I think most fall into this category, thus the bad citizen argument.
maybe partisan is it. i don't know. as i shared the very smartest, most successful people i know are voting for trump, still, along with the very dumbest i know.

maybe partisan is it. i don't know. as i shared the very smartest, most successful people i know are voting for trump, still, along with the very dumbest i know.
Are the wealthy folks voting their personal preferences, or voting for who they think can do the most for their bank account?

My guess is that they have pass-through entities, and don't mind being bought off with a lower tax bill. In other words, there's a good chance that they see Trump merely as a useful idiot . . . and Joe as a threat to building further wealth.

I’ve toyed with adding dangerously partisan to the list, but that falls under dangerously irresponsible. I think most fall into this category, thus the bad citizen argument.
For some, no doubt that they would vote R if the devil himself was running, but not all.

Reactions: Morrison
Are the wealthy folks voting their personal preferences, or voting for who they think can do the most for their bank account?

My guess is that they have pass-through entities, and don't mind being bought off with a lower tax bill. In other words, there's a good chance that they see Trump merely as a useful idiot . . . and Joe as a threat to building further wealth.
probably sope. they're huge soccer supporters. they founded world wide technology. david's only one of five black billionaires in the us. his founding partner played at slu.

probably sope. they're huge soccer supporters. they founded world wide technology. david's only one of five black billionaires in the us.
Kavanaugh . . . Kavanaugh . . . hmmm . . . sounds familiar, but I can't place it . . . . ;)

My guess is that they don’t buy the narratives that you do, and they don’t feel Trump has been the disaster that you do. Maybe they listen to Candace Owens & Ben Shapiro, who can both make compelling arguments against it being so cut & dry that jerks been an unmitigated disaster. Have you listened to either?

It’s important for objectivity, listening to both sides...

They sound like a bunch of 40 year old jobless losers still living in mommas basement. Trump should condemn them but Biden needs to condemn Antifa and BLM as well.
Biden condemned all groups/individuals that destroyed property, caused riots. That includes Antifa, some members of BLM (not all as BLM is not a organized group), white supremacists & Proud Boys.

My guess is that they don’t buy the narratives that you do, and they don’t feel Trump has been the disaster that you do. Maybe they listen to Candace Owens & Ben Shapiro, who can both make compelling arguments against it being so cut & dry that jerks been an unmitigated disaster. Have you listened to either?

It’s important for objectivity, listening to both sides...

Perhaps they don't think the idea of packing the SC, and thereby completely f***ing up the US government, is a great idea. Perhaps they just hate the disgusting national Democratic party.

Reactions: Lucy01
He denied Antifa exists.
Oh it exists, on the right wing propaganda networks that want to stoke fear in old fat white men.

It obviously worked on you. "theys gonna take all muh stuff and burns down muh barn" ...

lmao ... rubes

Of course he did.

I quit listening to Hannity when he was on local radio here in the ATL years ago. He was boring, predictable and annoying then. He ain't changed his schtick.
Uh, let me guess. Has fat-boy Hannity held any public offices whatsoever after the time he was on the ATL radio? I'm guessing he has never served in any public office whatsoever in his entire life.

He sells himself (and his greedy soul) as an "expert" on government without ever (1) serving in government itself at any level, or (2) thinking in broad terms about the function of government to serve the needs of the entire populace rather than just the goals of fat, deepstate conspiracy theorists.

2t3yzx.jpg

Oh, come on. Do you think I would joke around about Sean Hannity's promotion of alien "theorists" without backup? Well, here you go (it's from Fox News so it must be "Fair and "Balanced", right? (gag).

Uh, let me guess. Has fat-boy Hannity held any public offices whatsoever after the time he was on the ATL radio? I'm guessing he has never served in any public office whatsoever in his entire life.

He sells himself (and his greedy soul) as an "expert" on government without ever (1) serving in government itself at any level, or (2) thinking in broad terms about the function of government to serve the needs of the entire populace rather than just the goals of fat, deepstate conspiracy theorists.

2t3yzx.jpg

Oh, come on. Do you think I would joke around about Sean Hannity's promotion of alien "theorists" without backup? Well, here you go (it's from Fox News so it must be "Fair and "Balanced", right? (gag).

He must have an advanced degree in government or political science then . . .

. . . oh wait . . . nope, no college degree whatsoever. No governmental experience. All he's ever done is gab.

I watched and enjoyed it fully. I picked up on a basic strategy and came away with 2 takeaways.

1. If any of you think that someone who was going to vote for Donald Trump now changed their mind, you are out of your mind. He didn't lose any of his base and this election is going to come down to turnout of the base.

2. He wanted Joe Biden to alienate the radical left to suppress turnout. He won that going away by getting Joe to claim he is the democratic party, that the "manifesto" is not his plan and that he doesn't support The Green New Deal. This will definitely suppress some turnout form the radical left. They weren't excited about him before and they are even less enthused now.

Neither candidate picked up any additional support, but Donald Trump didn't need to. His base will turn out in droves. His strategy from here on out is about suppressing the other side and from that perspective, he won last night bigly.

I watched and enjoyed it fully. I picked up on a basic strategy and came away with 2 takeaways.

1. If any of you think that someone who was going to vote for Donald Trump now changed their mind, you are out of your mind. He didn't lose any of his base and this election is going to come down to turnout of the base.

2. He wanted Joe Biden to alienate the radical left to suppress turnout. He won that going away by getting Joe to claim he is the democratic party, that the "manifesto" is not his plan and that he doesn't support The Green New Deal. This will definitely suppress some turnout form the radical left. They weren't excited about him before and they are even less enthused now.

Neither candidate picked up any additional support, but Donald Trump didn't need to. His base will turn out in droves. His strategy from here on out is about suppressing the other side and from that perspective, he won last night bigly.
Lol.

Welcome . . . we need another village idiot. You'll do nicely.

He also supposedly killed it with Hispanics.

He must have an advanced degree in government or political science then . . .

. . . oh wait . . . nope, no college degree whatsoever. No governmental experience. All he's ever done is gab.

I don't think many people know this about him.

It would be like me hosting a popular podcast on Amish living.

Yeah, cool theory but the consensus is that a lot of pubs were disgusted by Sargent Slaughter antics oh yeah, that white supreamist deal didn't help either. A lot of pubs are trying to figure out how to answer that. Hell even Mitch popped out of his shell today to distance himself from it.

Your boy is on an island and the dems are insanely motivated and united on taking him out.

Biden probably has a 65% approval rating among dems but 99% want Trump out.

Matlock

FWIW, last night Steve Schmidt said it's going to be a landslide. Said pollsters are gunshy after last time and are understating the Biden support. Said the Senate is a lock too.

FWIW, last night Steve Schmidt said it's going to be a landslide. Said pollsters are gunshy after last time and are understating the Biden support. Said the Senate is a lock too.
He's just doing the same thing everyone else does: interpreting what the numbers actually say in the fictional universe in his head where the average American looks and thinks a lot more like him than in real life.

Reactions: UncleMark
Chris Wallace says now he’s very sad how last night went, he never dreamt it could be anything like that, and that no one could have ever guessed it might play out like that.

I think we’ve got a competence issue in America to go along with a media refusal to grapple with reality.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT