ADVERTISEMENT

Official Debate Thread (Now With Rulez)

They sound like a bunch of 40 year old jobless losers still living in mommas basement. Trump should condemn them but Biden needs to condemn Antifa and BLM as well.

Trump didn’t. Instead he told them to stand ready to do violence.

Can you show me where Biden made a similar statement directed to ANTIFA! or BLM?

How would you know that Biden is "less than desirable"? The only thing we know is that Biden didn't shine because he didn't have the opportunity to due to the boorish behavior of the other "less than desirable" candidate.

You make it sound like this is a choice between a rock and a hard place. It's not. It's a choice between a horrible human being who destroys everything he touches and a decent human being who just isn't the shiniest star in the constellation . . .

. . . one is a King Midas who turns everything that he touches to shit, and the other is a guy you'd have as a neighbor 10 times out of 10.
I like my neighbor, but I wouldn't vote for him, either.

First post in this thread (I had a beer league softball game so I had to dvr the debate).

On Joe, thought he came out of the gate horribly. I was really worried that it was just going to be too fast and frenetic for him. Hated how he constantly looked down, made him look weak and defeated. As a Pete guy, this is why many liked him particularly vs Trump as he's calm enough to let Trump go crazy but is gifted enough to get his point in the tiny spaces that Trump gives you concisely. Joe really, really struggled with that and worse got frustrated and went to the dreaded catch phrase points regardless of the question (I effing hate that in debates. They get asked do you prefer Ginger or Mary Anne and they answer with 'they would be dead like the 210 thou that have died from Covid'.

Secondly I hated that Trump called him out on specifics. Luckily Kelli Anne did say that more chaos is better for Trump (she was saying what we all said, the more violence and anarchy will drive voters to Trump). The first debate should always be a referendum on the incumbent, but Trump had Biden on the ropes and on the defense. That can't happen especially when Trump gives you so many lies and delusions of grandeur statements...you have to get him to be more specific. Biden didn't even try.

I don't understand that.

I go back to Pete. All he did when he 'took down' Warren was he asked her for some specifics on her health plan, because his numbers didn't add up to what she was saying...then he tied a bow on it with the 'you're running on having detailed plans, but you can explain how you are going to pay for one of the most important discussions that we are talking about'.

Boom. Honest, factual but calls out a person who is 'selling'. That's all Trump does. No one asks him for specifics when says 'people are saying' then he shuts down.

Luckily Biden somewhat composed himself and leaned on his empathy. He started talking to the audience with empathy.

That saved his night and provided the critical contrast that he needed.

We got Twitter Internet Troll Trump, which again works for the WWF but makes us look like trash to the world. The President has to carry the self in a way because they represent all of us. Was anybody proud of him?? Goddamn.

Lastly remember that, unfortunately in today's game a huge part of the debate narrative is what clips are repeated....and Trump provided tons of cringe worthy clips that will be played on a loop, most notably the call for white supremacists to be ready.

That was an awful moment for our country.

Trump hurt himself, Biden survived so Biden should benefit from debate #1.

Next up is a town hall which plays to Biden's strength.

How would you know that Biden is "less than desirable"? The only thing we know is that Biden didn't shine because he didn't have the opportunity to due to the boorish behavior of the other "less than desirable" candidate.
You make it sound like this is a choice between a rock and a hard place. It's not. It's a choice between a horrible human being who destroys everything he touches and a decent human being who just isn't the shiniest star in the constellation . . .

. . . one is a King Midas who turns everything that he touches to shit, and the other is a guy you'd have as a neighbor 10 times out of 10.
My less than desirable statement came from reading the comments in this thread. If I misrepresented some here then that is on me. That wasn't my intention.
The points made by Jorgensen still stand and I have a feeling quite a few here are with her on those issues. Where does Trump stand on those issues? Hell I don't know and neither does he.
Getting Biden to give us his stance seems to be a moving target.
Is Biden a better person than Trump. Yes, there is no doubt in my mind. Is he a better candidate than Jorgensen. I don't believe so. He does give the best option to remove Trump. That point is not questionable. The reality is the system is broken and we need a viable 3rd party.
Enjoy your day Sope.

To me its the communication. They have been preparing up for a 2nd Wave since March.

Constant vigilance.

'The UK just went draconian and now will impose like £10,000 fines on people who break their self-imposed isolation after the track & trace or tests.
We are known to be a 'fine' city and yet the fines are like $150 for not wearing a mask. The breaking of isolation is $5,000 but a threat of jail time.
Our idiot governor in Florida last week said there would be no more fines for not wearing masks and any fines that have been issued don't have to be paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: largemouth
I, for one, cannot wait for debate #2.

i-QCSStmd.gif

Is Biden a better person than Trump. Yes, there is no doubt in my mind. Is he a better candidate than Jorgensen. I don't believe so. He does give the best option to remove Trump. That point is not questionable. The reality is the system is broken and we need a viable 3rd party.

The system broke when the Republicans nominated and the country elected Donald Trump. The first step toward fixing the system is removing Trump. Maybe then you can work toward a new party or perhaps even reconstituting what's left of the Republican Party.

The system broke when the Republicans nominated and the country elected Donald Trump. The first step toward fixing the system is removing Trump. Maybe then you can work toward a new party or perhaps even reconstituting what's left of the Republican Party.
Something was already broken for trump to win.

First post in this thread (I had a beer league softball game so I had to dvr the debate).

On Joe, thought he came out of the gate horribly. I was really worried that it was just going to be too fast and frenetic for him. Hated how he constantly looked down, made him look weak and defeated. As a Pete guy, this is why many liked him particularly vs Trump as he's calm enough to let Trump go crazy but is gifted enough to get his point in the tiny spaces that Trump gives you concisely. Joe really, really struggled with that and worse got frustrated and went to the dreaded catch phrase points regardless of the question (I effing hate that in debates. They get asked do you prefer Ginger or Mary Anne and they answer with 'they would be dead like the 210 thou that have died from Covid'.

Secondly I hated that Trump called him out on specifics. Luckily Kelli Anne did say that more chaos is better for Trump (she was saying what we all said, the more violence and anarchy will drive voters to Trump). The first debate should always be a referendum on the incumbent, but Trump had Biden on the ropes and on the defense. That can't happen especially when Trump gives you so many lies and delusions of grandeur statements...you have to get him to be more specific. Biden didn't even try.

I don't understand that.

I go back to Pete. All he did when he 'took down' Warren was he asked her for some specifics on her health plan, because his numbers didn't add up to what she was saying...then he tied a bow on it with the 'you're running on having detailed plans, but you can explain how you are going to pay for one of the most important discussions that we are talking about'.

Boom. Honest, factual but calls out a person who is 'selling'. That's all Trump does. No one asks him for specifics when says 'people are saying' then he shuts down.

Luckily Biden somewhat composed himself and leaned on his empathy. He started talking to the audience with empathy.

That saved his night and provided the critical contrast that he needed.

We got Twitter Internet Troll Trump, which again works for the WWF but makes us look like trash to the world. The President has to carry the self in a way because they represent all of us. Was anybody proud of him?? Goddamn.

Lastly remember that, unfortunately in today's game a huge part of the debate narrative is what clips are repeated....and Trump provided tons of cringe worthy clips that will be played on a loop, most notably the call for white supremacists to be ready.

That was an awful moment for our country.

Trump hurt himself, Biden survived so Biden should benefit from debate #1.

Next up is a town hall which plays to Biden's strength.

liking Pete or any candidate for their debate style, is a horrible reason to like any candidate.

the reason a sht show is all Joe or Don can give us, is because both their records are total disasters, and neither has a plan going forward for anything.

sticking to their records or personal attributes or plans going forward for the country would be a disaster scenario for either, as both are beyond corrupt, have absolutely disastrous past records, and offer absolutely zero in plans going forward.

thus they gave us all they can go to.

Last edited:
Nothing has changed, except most of us have been forced to come to grips with how many people we know and love are also terrible American citizens.
Or they just believe he is the lesser of two evils. Many who vote for Trump are older people that have likely done far more for the country than you, including people that have fought in foreign wars, people that volunteer in charitable organizations, etc. While opining that they are misguided, misinformed, etc. is debatable, to say anyone that votes for Trump is a terrible citizen is irresponsible & inaccurate. You all have your opinions, & that’s fine, but change happens by setting an example & taking action, not having an opinion.

Something was already broken for trump to win.
I agree with this statement.

IMHO, this goes back to at least Reagan . . . and maybe prior to that. Jimmy Carter's presidency might be a symptom of the system's brokenness . . . perhaps it has been the Nixonian southern strategy that has dredged up all of this re-fighting of the Civil War.

42 and 45, and the Clinton terms, and probably the Obama years were just paint covering the cracks in the country's foundations.

Maybe it goes back to the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution. Or maybe it goes back to Gary Powers, and when the people found out that the government had been lying to them . . . .

Or they just believe he is the lesser of two evils. Many who vote for Trump are older people that have likely done far more for the country than you, including people that have fought in foreign wars, people that volunteer in charitable organizations, etc. While opining that they are misguided, misinformed, etc. is debatable, to say anyone that votes for Trump is a terrible citizen is irresponsible & inaccurate. You all have your opinions, & that’s fine, but change happens by setting an example & taking action, not having an opinion.
As one of those "older people" I can tell you that those folks doing all those nice things aren't any different than Goat or anybody else from younger generations. Like most folks, they're people who want to have their cake and eat it too.

I'll give you a great example; where GrannySope lives there are a vast majority of Trump supporters who cheered when he announced unilaterally the elimination of payroll taxes. The thing is, every damned one of them relies solely on social security for their income and Medicare for their health insurance. If you ask them about this discrepancy, they shoot you with daggers for eyes for pointing out their misguided and misinformed opinions. But that's their only response . . . because they know they're getting by with the discrepancy.

As one of those "older people" I can tell you that those folks doing all those nice things aren't any different than Goat or anybody else from younger generations. Like most folks, they're people who want to have their cake and eat it too.

I'll give you a great example; where GrannySope lives there are a vast majority of Trump supporters who cheered when he announced unilaterally the elimination of payroll taxes. The thing is, every damned one of them relies solely on social security for their income and Medicare for their health insurance. If you ask them about this discrepancy, they shoot you with daggers for eyes for pointing out their misguided and misinformed opinions. But that's their only response . . . because they know they're getting by with the discrepancy.
So they’re all terrible Citizens then?

So they’re all terrible Citizens then?
Those are your words, and your conclusions, not mine, jet.

The fact is the lack of principles, and the "I got mine" attitude, are part of the overall situation for them. I could see how you might make that judgment . . . but I can also tell you that with people it's not all one way or the other. People are much more complex than that . . .

. . . some game the system for their own benefit. We used to recognize that as corruption . . . now we have a significant percentage of the populace saying that's "smart" because "I got mine" wthout having to earn it.

sticking to their records or personal attributes or plans going forward for the country would be a disaster scenario for either, as both are beyond corrupt, have absolutely disastrous past records, and offer absolutely zero in plans going forward.
Both candidates have issues but if you think those issues are even close to being equal in scope you're out of your mind.

As I get older I'm starting to realize that saying anyone has done more for their country because they are older is complete and utter bullshit. Some have, some haven't; most have lived and are living their lives like the rest of, just trying to get by. Arguing McCain/Obama, Bush/Gore, Clinton/Dole is reasonable and took place during each of those election cycles and no one was absolutely right or wrong in their arguments. This is not an equivalent. If you are willing to vote for a want-to-be autocrat you are a terrible citizen, it doesn't matter if you're 18 or 800.

Those are your words, and your conclusions, not mine, jet.

The fact is the lack of principles, and the "I got mine" attitude, are part of the overall situation for them. I could see how you might make that judgment . . . but I can also tell you that with people it's not all one way or the other. People are much more complex than that . . .

. . . some game the system for their own benefit. We used to recognize that as corruption . . . now we have a significant percentage of the populace saying that's "smart" because "I got mine" wthout having to earn it.
So do you believe that every one that votes for Trump is a terrible citizen or not?

That's a ridiculous false equivalence.

But I do agree that not all Trump voters are terrible citizens. Some are simply not very bright. Others are ill-informed. Some are single-issue voters (abortion, for example) who wear blinders with respect to all the bad shit Trump says and does. Some wealthy Trump voters care only about their portfolios. But, sadly, Trump's also got the Proud Boys, the Boogaloo Boys, your garden-variety racists and other truly terrible citizens.

As I get older I'm starting to realize that saying anyone has done more for their country because they are older is complete and utter bullshit. Some have, some haven't; most have lived and are living their lives like the rest of, just trying to get by. Arguing McCain/Obama, Bush/Gore, Clinton/Dole is reasonable and took place during each of those election cycles and no one was absolutely right or wrong in their arguments. This is not an equivalent. If you are willing to vote for a want-to-be autocrat you are a terrible citizen, it doesn't matter if you're 18 or 800.
Where do I state only older people have done these things? Aren’t their more older people that will vote for Trump. Reading comprehension, my man, quit jumping to conclusions. Your judgements of others whose opinions differ from yours make you a terrible person.

That game is easy to play, but simple minded & bigoted.

But I do agree that not all Trump voters are terrible citizens. Some are simply not very bright. Others are ill-informed. Some are single-issue voters (abortion, for example) who wear blinders with respect to all the bad shit Trump says and does. Some wealthy Trump voters care only about their portfolios. But, sadly, Trump's also got the Proud Boys, the Boogaloo Boys, your garden-variety racists and other truly terrible citizens.

What about a guy like James Woods who reportedly has an IQ of 180?

Some could say that Biden voters are single-issue voters (racism, for example) who wear blinders to all of the policy shortcomings of Biden or their opinion that he’s an idiot that will lead the country to ruin. Abortion is another great example. Perhaps they, believing abortion is murder & therefore responsible for many more deaths than police brutality, want to back a candidate that will save more lives Of all color. Now, I do not believe these things to be true, but those of you continuing to label voters terrible citizens are just not willing to accept any opinion other than your own as valid...

Once again, anyone who supports Trump is dangerously irresponsible, dangerously stupid, dangerously racist, or a combination of the three. It’s not complicated.

Once again, anyone who supports Trump is dangerously irresponsible, dangerously stupid, dangerously racist, or a combination of the three. It’s not complicated.
This comment is 2 out of the 3 you listed.

I think it’s true that some are just single issue voters. The two wealthiest people I know are trump supporters. One black. Has more money than Oprah.
It’s about values. Too many here think that only theirs are relevant or important.

They sound like a bunch of 40 year old jobless losers still living in mommas basement. Trump should condemn them but Biden needs to condemn Antifa and BLM as well.
On what basis should Biden condemn Antifa and BLM? Neither one promotes hatred on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, or sexual orientation. This is why the FBI doesn't recognize either one as a hate or terrorist group. The violence Antifa participates in is directly related to events where there are right-wing white supremist groups present. Antifa doesn't stage rallies, they show up at white nationalists rallies to confront them (frankly, it's not ideal to engage and incite violence this way, but it's not like Antifa is confronting good people). Some BLM marches have lead to looting and vandalism, but BLM isn't known for violence against other people.

Last night's debate question was about hate groups and neither one is a hate group, unless you think hating white supremist groups is wrong. Your answer may say a lot about you.

ADVERTISEMENT