ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line play is terrible

He’s looked hurt more than a few times this year. Does the slow limp. But always comes back....so far.

He has never struggled this badly for a complete half. There has to be something wrong with him.

It is when you go three-and-out every time I put your defense in a bad situation
Offense better make some plays on this coming drive or IU will probably be down at the half. Terps having zero problems moving the ball. Just having trouble getting into the end zone.

This is really a game thus far, to see who can make the most bad plays. I've seen high school games with better passing and execution.

Center Grove looked very good last night. Did you catch that game? Jackson threw a couple of picks but overall they really took care of business.
Partially, I was at work.....I actually live in Westfield but I knew CG would kill them. They have destroyed everyone all year, except for Cathedral (who easily beat Westfield in the first game).

Partially, I was at work.....I actually live in Westfield but I knew CG would kill them. They have destroyed everyone all year, except for Cathedral (who easily beat Westfield in the first game).
I used to work in Westfield. I was a Wendy's manager on 31. They tore that store down when they expanded the highway. Yet the Goodwill store is still there.

No it hasn't, there is absolutely no pressure from the defensive ends and the tackles are inconsistent.

• Haha
Reactions: jsenleo
No it hasn't, there is absolutely no pressure from the defensive ends and the tackles are inconsistent.
Terrible take. Would I like more pressure from the DL? Sure, but we’re basically running with only 3 DL’s and bringing pressure from the secondary and LB’s. The DL’s job in 3 man fronts is literally to occupy blockers and let the smaller, faster guys make plays. That’s what’s happening. We have 16 INT’s and 18 sacks (I could be wrong here as it hasn’t been updated) in 6 games. We’re disguising coverages well and getting pressure from other positions forcing bad throws or bad reads. Despite giving up yardage, we’re making plays when we need to. The DL has been key in that happening.

Why can we not run the ball well?
Is the line not opening holes that Scott can get through? Scott does not have the top end speed to break the home run so we need the constant pounding of 3-7 yards that wears down a defense by the fourth quarter.
I know we had some runs from Baldwin but I would like to see Scott constantly taking two LBers with him for large chunks.

Terrible take. Would I like more pressure from the DL? Sure, but we’re basically running with only 3 DL’s and bringing pressure from the secondary and LB’s. The DL’s job in 3 man fronts is literally to occupy blockers and let the smaller, faster guys make plays. That’s what’s happening. We have 16 INT’s and 18 sacks (I could be wrong here as it hasn’t been updated) in 6 games. We’re disguising coverages well and getting pressure from other positions forcing bad throws or bad reads. Despite giving up yardage, we’re making plays when we need to. The DL has been key in that happening.
We ran a lot of 3 man fronts today but we are a 4-2-5 team. We have jumped into 3 man fronts periodically this year but did seem to play more 3 man fronts would be interested to find out why. As far as the other guy suggesting d line is horrible he is just way off base. There is more to rushing the passer such as stopping the run which other than last week we have a really good job at.

Why can we not run the ball well?
Is the line not opening holes that Scott can get through? Scott does not have the top end speed to break the home run so we need the constant pounding of 3-7 yards that wears down a defense by the fourth quarter.
I know we had some runs from Baldwin but I would like to see Scott constantly taking two LBers with him for large chunks.
Much of he problem has been lack of threat of quarterback runs. We have not blocked backside guys because not enough guys. They have been running down plays because they are not honoring the quarterback run. If you try to bring in more tight ends then you have to take our third wide receiver off the field. That is one less threat in the passing game. I think maybe adding a reverse fake may slow it some. Maybe an addition of a shovel pass out of the spit zone look. I know with Penix the quarterback run was not much of an option because his being unlucky with injuries. Even more creative with some RPO s and not really sure why not using bubble screens this year and quick screens

Wow, seemed to work out real well.
48 rushes
234 yrds (nearly 5 ypr)
3 TD's

Can people just not wait for the game to play out before making stupid comments???

Reactions: midwolfe
Wow, seemed to work out real well.
48 rushes
234 yrds (nearly 5 ypr)
3 TD's

Can people just not wait for the game to play out before making stupid comments???
then why did you make one considering the fact that we have not been able to rush the ball all year but one game now it's alright, now that's a stupid comment.

As for the As for the defensive line play you guys must have never played the defensive line because our defensive tackles in the ends are not playing well when you Blitz every time to get pressure. your statements are just terrible and stupid

Reactions: IUFAN80
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT