ADVERTISEMENT

Off The Archie Train

cshartle123

Senior
Apr 8, 2016
I have been a supporter of Archie from day one up to the Rutgers game. He has recruited the state, taught defense, and improved our KenPom rankings year over year. I’ve never considered myself a loyalist, but I thought he earned his four years through the previously mentioned indicators. I’ve acknowledged that the players do not play hard for him in past seasons, but I never thought that was grounds for firing him before getting all his players in. However, during the Rutgers game I think we witnessed that this problem is not going away. In fact, it’s getting worse as the stakes have grown. In the second half there was a clear departure from the system, and it looked like players eventually gave up. I have zero tolerance for that performance, thus, I think Dolson should fire him immediately after the season. Sure I would like to get Brad Stevens, but anyone is better than where we are headed. Archie got his once in a lifetime opportunity, and there will be no hard feelings as long as we don’t drag it out. It’s time to move on.

I have been a supporter of Archie from day one up to the Rutgers game. He has recruited the state, taught defense, and improved our KenPom rankings year over year. I’ve never considered myself a loyalist, but I thought he earned his four years through the previously mentioned indicators. I’ve acknowledged that the players do not play hard for him in past seasons, but I never thought that was grounds for firing him before getting all his players in. However, during the Rutgers game I think we witnessed that this problem is not going away. In fact, it’s getting worse as the stakes have grown. In the second half there was a clear departure from the system, and it looked like players eventually gave up. I have zero tolerance for that performance, thus, I think Dolson should fire him immediately after the season. Sure I would like to get Brad Stevens, but anyone is better than where we are headed. Archie got his once in a lifetime opportunity, and there will be no hard feelings as long as we don’t drag it out. It’s time to move on.

Like you I was a supporter from day one. I even convinced some that Archie was a good hire but..... I got off the train before you.

I thought this season was the year that he would prove that he is THE guy to move us forward. Instead this team has proven just the opposite, he is NOT the guy and I agree, cut bait and both parties move on. I would actually prefer that they would fire him NOW. I think that would show IU's resolve in returning to being a good program but I know that the chances of that happening are nonexistent.

I loved the hire but he lacks the personality for this stage. Hasn't worked out. I'm sure he knows it.

Recruiting is suffering now and that's a telltale....

Reactions: iulb and Birnk403
I loved the hire but he lacks the personality for this stage. Hasn't worked out. I'm sure he knows it.

Recruiting is suffering now and that's a telltale....
It’s really a matter of how long IU chooses to wait before doing what needs to be done.

Pretty slow on the uptake. Better late than never.

Pretty slow on the uptake. Better late than never.
While I do agree with this, it’s water under the bridge at this point.

In retrospect, given that COVID hit before the end of last season, it was never going to be financially feasible to have fired him after last year...even if he deserved to be, which he did.

I have had a lot of friends tell me....you wanted Miller as the coach. As if that means he is coach for life. Yep. I did like the hire (since getting a Stevens or Donovan was a pipe dream). But at this point, I have yet to see a valid argument to keep him other than the buy out. And if the buy out is the only reason we keep him, it’s no wonder why Rutgers has a better team than us.

7 games in we had already had the Texas & NW losses........that should have been enough to convince anyone it was the same old crap.

He actually lost me with the blowout losses at home to ISU and IPFW. You have to be completely incompetent to lead a team to 20 point losses at home against those teams.

Reactions: IUgradman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT