ADVERTISEMENT

Of the current commits thus far...The positives

IndyIUFan66

All-Big Ten
Jun 23, 2013
I won't say on paper it looks better than last year's class overall. But from my view, this should be a class focused on depth and redshirting as many as possible given won't need most of them due to # of returning players.

Here's what I like:

-Overall size of some of the lineman coming in. Two 6'7 guys and others who look like bruisers.

-A DT who was once committed to Auburn, more depth/size he adds.

-Two 6'1 corners who can grow into the position over time

-A 4-star WR who seems like a real gamer. (And I think Baker from Scecina is a possible sleeper. Saw him make a lot of big catches in High School and he's 6'2.

To me, if this class has 5 true FR play more than 4 games, that would be a win for me, as that means only the truly top players who can contribute break in and the majority will RS, which helps any program build depth and have bigger kids, a year older, when they finally start playing for the Hoosiers!

I won't say on paper it looks better than last year's class overall. But from my view, this should be a class focused on depth and redshirting as many as possible given won't need most of them due to # of returning players.

Here's what I like:

-Overall size of some of the lineman coming in. Two 6'7 guys and others who look like bruisers.

-A DT who was once committed to Auburn, more depth/size he adds.

-Two 6'1 corners who can grow into the position over time

-A 4-star WR who seems like a real gamer. (And I think Baker from Scecina is a possible sleeper. Saw him make a lot of big catches in High School and he's 6'2.

To me, if this class has 5 true FR play more than 4 games, that would be a win for me, as that means only the truly top players who can contribute break in and the majority will RS, which helps any program build depth and have bigger kids, a year older, when they finally start playing for the Hoosiers!
i like the 2 kids from georgia, the receivers, and i think ty wise might be a steal. two of the kids i really liked(smith and williams) apparently aren't going to make it. i hope everyone else surprises me.

So early signing day was good to you all then

Not especially. No unexpected flips. 2 guys didn’t sign (the rumors are grades). All of the signing day decisions where we were amongst the finalists didn’t pick IU.

All that said I like this class. Heavy on Oline. Adding 2 good WR’s. Plus a few guys I think are underanked. If we get Harris then I’ll change my tune and say that I really like this class, but I don’t like our odds these. Really hope that we find some more players in the spring to really top off the class.

When I think of playing in the Big Ten East, this class comes up short. I hope it pans out and they play well above their rankings. We had a good season, hopefully a good season next year will really elevate recruiting!

Speaking for myself, I expected a better class than what I'm seeing on paper here.

When I think of playing in the Big Ten East, this class comes up short. I hope it pans out and they play well above their rankings. We had a good season, hopefully a good season next year will really elevate recruiting!

Speaking for myself, I expected a better class than what I'm seeing on paper here.

Per experts, this post would be fair after next season, as kids decide much earlier now so hard to flip many people so late in the season.

I like to think a game one win over Wisconsin next season and people will surely take notice.

Reactions: ESalum86
Per experts, this post would be fair after next season, as kids decide much earlier now so hard to flip many people so late in the season.

I like to think a game one win over Wisconsin next season and people will surely take notice.
Oh they absolutely would notice...I can't see IU beating Wisconsin in Madison, not very many do. However, I can see IU getting on a hot roll after the opener in Madison and possibly reeling off 6 straight wins.

This scenario would setup a BIG home showdown with PSU. IU would possibly be 6-1 entering this game and recruiting would certainly be a hot ticket at that point.

Reactions: Walt542
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT