ADVERTISEMENT

OF Matt Gorski Chosen 57th Overall (2nd round) by Pittsburgh

We all pretty much thought he wouldn't be here next season, but by being taken in the 2nd round, he is gone for sure. It's unlikely he would improve his draft status by staying around for his senior year. While his hitting was good, but not great, his defensive skill and speed in the outfield certainly made him an attractive prospect.

Great news for Matt. having talked to his mom in Louisville last week, I don't think they were expecting to hear his name called on Monday, so a nice surprise for him and his family.

Reactions: 82IU and ptrich
That is awesome news for Matt and not so awesome for IU (depending how you look at is). I had convinced myself his wrist injury might scare off the pros enough to make him consider coming back. No way now. Good for him. I appreciated his overall approach to playing the last 3 years. And I guess Mercer can point to Matt while recruiting.

Last edited:
That is awesome news for Matt and no so awesome for IU (depending how you look at is). I had convinced myself his wrist injury might scare off the pros enough to make him consider coming back. No way now. Good for him. I appreciated his overall approach to playing the last 3 years. And I guess Mercer can point to Matt while recruiting.

I agree that it's good news for both Matt & IU (you can sell recruits on that), but I sure wouldn't have taken him that high......not enough power and has real problems recognizing and dealing with the curve ball. Just my opinion......

Reactions: mk23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT