ADVERTISEMENT

Octoberfest

sdhoosier

All-Big Ten
Dec 21, 2001
So Calif
Today was to be the start of Germany's Octoberfest....alas not this year. It is on my bucket list to attend. Anyone here ever attended?

331.jpg

3a0a3240a7f0143c144965d53c8b1596.jpg

543a000e8a08ef0251bfbe60a3678eb5.jpg

e79a6c3ed69d93d9f64eb17451d1eac8.jpg

f32d721dc6c5007ecd37512a7ad5fd87.jpg

dce2cabe51906ec722c0c885ea612e2d.jpg

lRVKSPD.jpg

the-sexiest-festivals-and-parties-around-the-world-xx-photos-29.jpg

11Cameron-Diaz-oktoberfest-dance-cfSF.gif

beerfest-gif.gif

Yes. I spent a couple of weeks in Munich during the Octoberfest a while ago. I was mainly impressed with the women who could hold like 4 steins in each hand. No someone you should mess around with.
I was in the International Tent for one night -- surrounded by a bunch of Irish. And like any Irish get together, there will be drama. (They really just cant help themselves. I have been to weddings too where there are shouting and followed by crying. 🙄 🙄 )

The other night I was in the Allianz tent -- my friend who I was staying with headed their investment arm. Sedate since it was a corporate environment and really I couldn't let my hair down since she was in a position of responsibility.

But Munich is a beautiful city -- and southern Germany is really very picturesque. Southern Alps.

Yes, and it was amazing. Very civilized, and drunken. The food is almost as good as the bier. It was tremendous and worth the effort.

we had a funny episode at the end of the first night there. Since Munich hotels were totally booked, we had to stay in Bad Tölz, which was about a 30 min train ride. The trains stop rolling at a certain time, and at the end of the Oktoberfest, which closes surprisingly early....around 9:30p or so....we hustled off to catch the last train back. As we approached what we thought was our train on the specific track, we hopped on the train and looked at the destination, which in this case was NOT Bad Tölz. We had about a minute to decide whether the train was ours or not. Since we couldn’t sort it out, we panicked and hopped off the train, fearing we couldn’t head off to the wrong town. Keep in mind that we’re pretty drunk at this point. So we’re standing on the platform as the last train of the night leaves. We ask WTF to the people at the info desk only to find out we find out we were on the right train, but that it breaks apart into three sections when the tracks diverge. How could we know that. So, we were on the right train, just not the right cars. Again, WTF. We ended up taking an expensive cab back to our hotel.

Went for my 50th Bday celebration back in 2018. I had an incredible time. (what I remember) The beer tasted amazing. The food was incredible too. Definitely want to go back again. Maybe drink less hard so I can remember more lol

Yes, and it was amazing. Very civilized, and drunken. The food is almost as good as the bier. It was tremendous and worth the effort.

we had a funny episode at the end of the first night there. Since Munich hotels were totally booked, we had to stay in Bad Tölz, which was about a 30 min train ride. The trains stop rolling at a certain time, and at the end of the Oktoberfest, which closes surprisingly early....around 9:30p or so....we hustled off to catch the last train back. As we approached what we thought was our train on the specific track, we hopped on the train and looked at the destination, which in this case was NOT Bad Tölz. We had about a minute to decide whether the train was ours or not. Since we couldn’t sort it out, we panicked and hopped off the train, fearing we couldn’t head off to the wrong town. Keep in mind that we’re pretty drunk at this point. So we’re standing on the platform as the last train of the night leaves. We ask WTF to the people at the info desk only to find out we find out we were on the right train, but that it breaks apart into three sections when the tracks diverge. How could we know that. So, we were on the right train, just not the right cars. Again, WTF. We ended up taking an expensive cab back to our hotel.

'Mericans! You know all those German bastards were standing around having a good laugh watching you. How could you know that? Exactly. That's exactly what they wanted. Bastards. (and I'm German by the way. If I was there, I'd have laughed too!).

I don't see any rules that are being broken.
Ahhh, if it was only you I had to convince, life on the AOTF would be so much better. Had a couple of my shower pics dinged the other day... Oh, the humanity! Why do mods hate the human body? 'Publicans!

PS. I'd wondered if this gif existed for awhile, so I was pleased with myself on finding it. Took a bit of hunting. You guys don't know how many gifs of naked girls with bouncing breasts while being pile-driven I had to sort through, just to bring a little joy to your lives.

'Mericans! You know all those German bastards were standing around having a good laugh watching you. How could you know that? Exactly. That's exactly what they wanted. Bastards. (and I'm German by the way. If I was there, I'd have laughed too!).

I’m half german too, and speak German fluently. It did not help me one bit. of course, had i been watching, I would’ve laughed my ass off.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT