ADVERTISEMENT

October 27th will be my 18th anniversary on this site.

Don't be a stranger for too long. Did you say that you live near Pittsburgh? My youngest daughter is dating a guy from that area. He drives a couple hours to see her and is going into the Army as an officer in January. He graduated from Penn State in some metallurgical degree. He talks about what he knows and I just smile and nod. lol

You guys should exchange emails. Maybe you could get together if you go visit your future SIL in Pitt.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I think on that day I will say goodbye for good to this site. No I’m not looking for a different space to talk all things IU or another board that feels like the old OTF. I’ve been making changes throughout my life for the last couple of years.

Being afraid to say goodbye to old routines isn’t easy. Sometimes we just need to replace it with something better. I’m not sure I’ve found the replacement yet, but I do know I’m ready to move on.

Sharing the last 18 years with you asshats during the post Knight years hasn’t been easy. We’ve mourned together, watched our beloved Hoosiers transition from coach to coach to coach. We voted for Megan, complained about formats, circle jerked to red heads and so much more.

I guess since I only met some of your wives we will always be anonymous to each other. Maybe it was always meant to be that way....

Ive grown up quite a bit in the last 18. I started on here a single man and I leave a married man with three amazing kids. There were times I felt so depressed the only place I found solace was on here.

I’m ready to move on...thank you all for being a chapter in my life. I won’t promise this is goodbye for good, but it feels that way for me.

Be the best version of yourselves, seek happiness in the simplest of forms, don’t take life and yourself too seriously and rock out with your cock out. Peace out.....

Be careful.
We'll miss you.

You joined 4 days after me, Eppy.

For me it was a re-join. I had been banned from peegs for mild criticism of RMK, who I deeply admired as a coach, but who I also considered to be a bit obnoxious and stubborn.

you got it wrong...shooting was in Pitt, I'm in Northside of Indy.
Oops!
200.gif

I think on that day I will say goodbye for good to this site. No I’m not looking for a different space to talk all things IU or another board that feels like the old OTF. I’ve been making changes throughout my life for the last couple of years.

Being afraid to say goodbye to old routines isn’t easy. Sometimes we just need to replace it with something better. I’m not sure I’ve found the replacement yet, but I do know I’m ready to move on.

Sharing the last 18 years with you asshats during the post Knight years hasn’t been easy. We’ve mourned together, watched our beloved Hoosiers transition from coach to coach to coach. We voted for Megan, complained about formats, circle jerked to red heads and so much more.

I guess since I only met some of your wives we will always be anonymous to each other. Maybe it was always meant to be that way....

Ive grown up quite a bit in the last 18. I started on here a single man and I leave a married man with three amazing kids. There were times I felt so depressed the only place I found solace was on here.

I’m ready to move on...thank you all for being a chapter in my life. I won’t promise this is goodbye for good, but it feels that way for me.

Be the best version of yourselves, seek happiness in the simplest of forms, don’t take life and yourself too seriously and rock out with your cock out. Peace out.....

I took a long break a few years back. Nobody noticed!

Hope you find something to do with your time. This place is like giving up soda. Eventually you forget why you liked it and then you have a drink and get hooked all over again!

Good luck friend!

I took a long break a few years back. Nobody noticed!

Hope you find something to do with your time. This place is like giving up soda. Eventually you forget why you liked it and then you have a drink and get hooked all over again!

Good luck friend!

Are you kidding? You don't remember the party?

Oh yeah, you weren't here. Nevermind.

Are you kidding? You don't remember the party?

Oh yeah, you weren't here. Nevermind.
It happened under Crean when basketball got so ugly I quit watching or talking about IU. I came back to look for news about football and got sucked back in.

It happened under Crean when basketball got so ugly I quit watching or talking about IU. I came back to look for news about football and got sucked back in.

yeah, there was a stretch there where watching IU basketball was a chore. Like an 0-13 stretch against WI...! Ugh, still sucks to think about!

yeah, there was a stretch there where watching IU basketball was a chore. Like an 0-13 stretch against WI...! Ugh, still sucks to think about!
Last year was the first time in the history of my addiction to Indiana Basketball that I actually stopped watching. I'm 46 yrs old, been addicted for 36 years. But last year I literally had to back away, stop watching, stop this board, stop reading the paper, stop pre-gaming. I went into a depression that no honest man should have to go through concerning effin basketball. I couldn't sleep. It was a real eye opener on what should and shouldn't be a priority in my life.

Reactions: cryano and kkott
ADVERTISEMENT