ADVERTISEMENT

October 27th will be my 18th anniversary on this site.

Eppy99

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 27, 2001
I think on that day I will say goodbye for good to this site. No I’m not looking for a different space to talk all things IU or another board that feels like the old OTF. I’ve been making changes throughout my life for the last couple of years.

Being afraid to say goodbye to old routines isn’t easy. Sometimes we just need to replace it with something better. I’m not sure I’ve found the replacement yet, but I do know I’m ready to move on.

Sharing the last 18 years with you asshats during the post Knight years hasn’t been easy. We’ve mourned together, watched our beloved Hoosiers transition from coach to coach to coach. We voted for Megan, complained about formats, circle jerked to red heads and so much more.

I guess since I only met some of your wives we will always be anonymous to each other. Maybe it was always meant to be that way....

Ive grown up quite a bit in the last 18. I started on here a single man and I leave a married man with three amazing kids. There were times I felt so depressed the only place I found solace was on here.

I’m ready to move on...thank you all for being a chapter in my life. I won’t promise this is goodbye for good, but it feels that way for me.

Be the best version of yourselves, seek happiness in the simplest of forms, don’t take life and yourself too seriously and rock out with your cock out. Peace out.....

I think on that day I will say goodbye for good to this site. No I’m not looking for a different space to talk all things IU or another board that feels like the old OTF. I’ve been making changes throughout my life for the last couple of years.

Being afraid to say goodbye to old routines isn’t easy. Sometimes we just need to replace it with something better. I’m not sure I’ve found the replacement yet, but I do know I’m ready to move on.

Sharing the last 18 years with you asshats during the post Knight years hasn’t been easy. We’ve mourned together, watched our beloved Hoosiers transition from coach to coach to coach. We voted for Megan, complained about formats, circle jerked to red heads and so much more.

I guess since I only met some of your wives we will always be anonymous to each other. Maybe it was always meant to be that way....

Ive grown up quite a bit in the last 18. I started on here a single man and I leave a married man with three amazing kids. There were times I felt so depressed the only place I found solace was on here.

I’m ready to move on...thank you all for being a chapter in my life. I won’t promise this is goodbye for good, but it feels that way for me.

Be the best version of yourselves, seek happiness in the simplest of forms, don’t take life and yourself too seriously and rock out with your cock out. Peace out.....

649l.gif

y4n2g.jpg

We’ll bang your memory with a bag of rice.

giphy.gif

But you’ll be back. The institution still has much to offer you.

tumblr_mt526voqFk1so5joko1_500.gif

tumblr_inline_n63wpivQ3Q1s77xmy.gif

Good Lord dude,looks like you started here right after 9-11. Not sure I even knew what the internet was back then...Here's a song about friendship and people who have traveled a long road together...

"Tendering your resignation" seems a little over the top, don't 'cha think?
However, don't let the door hit you in the ass!;)

Reactions: cryano

Finally. I've been waiting 17 and 3/4 years for this day!

Let's celebrate!

WDQ2.gif

Maybe I’ll be back. In the past two years I
I just started posting here again after a couple year hiatus and now you are leaving? Is it because you lost all your money on draftkings?
i actually won quite a bit of money on DraftKings. That was one of the changes I made though. First I gave up playing football on DK, then I gave up my fantasy football leagues, then I completely stopped watching NFL for a year (I’ve since decided it’s a good outlet to watch the Colts on a weekly basis), then I gave up playing golf on DK, and now I’m almost 95% free of watching all television.

I’ve filled my time with hitting the gym, walking the dog, going to bed around 10:00pm instead of after midnight, I listen to a chit ton of music all day, I watch music performances on YouTube (I guess you can call that TV), I listen to my favorite podcasts, I read the news online, I volunteer at my kids school and in the community. I now serve on multiple boards and committees. My sleep apnea is much better now that I found a comfortable mask. I’m finally getting closer to 7 hours of sleep a night. The next thing I’d like to start doing again is reading books. I used to be too tired to read, I’m gonna give it a shot. Oh, and I started taking guitar lessons...I got tired of @T.M.P. telling me I don’t know a damn thing about music.
Life gets stale if you don’t make changes and take chances. I honestly used to be afraid of trying new chit and didn’t have the confidence in myself. I think that ended when I participated in a Indy Star Storytelling event. A friend of mine is a journalist for the Star and asked me to fill in for someone that backed out 5 days before the event. The subject matter for the event was Parenthood. My friend thought I had a unique take on parenting since I’m a stay at home dad. So I wrote a script and had to fill 10 minutes without the use of any notes. The performance was in front of a crowd of over 200 people. I was scared as chit going into it. The night before at the dress rehearsal I ****ing bombed it...I wasn’t ready, my story didn’t feel where it needed to be and it sounded to rehearsed. So the next day I challenged myself to take a different approach. I knew the story because it was mine, I just needed to go off script and tell it. So that night, I had to go on stage after Tom Griswald from the Bob & Tom show. Not the ideal spot for anyone. Somehow I ****ing nailed it. It was the better then anytime I practiced it....I’m pretty sure the organizers were nervous for me because I sucked the night before. It was a relief and honestly maybe the most proud I’ve ever been of myself. The video is on the internet and I’d share the link but for whatever reason the link itself hasn’t been working.

Anyways, not sure the point of my sharing this with you....oh, the point was I’ve been making changes and I’m just ready to move on....

Last edited:
Reactions: sglowrider
Hmm, an interesting note I just realized about the 27th. It will be the one year anniversary of my daughters Bat Mitzvah which was the same day the synagogue in Pittsburgh was attacked. It was an amazing day for our family only to be ruined by the anti-semitism that has permeated our country. In a little more than a year my temple was vandalized, the Pitt shooting happened, my kids Jewish day school and the JCC were victims of hate. Honestly I’m ready to take up arms and tires of being a victim. Probably won’t happen because I’m not a fan of guns, but just saying.

I wonder how close you live to me?

Ps. Welcome back. Where's Homer?

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave...

Taking guitar lessons ? - You aren't paying people are you? The YouTube is a wonderful resource for this.
You got any YouTube recommendations for me?

You got any YouTube recommendations for me?
Holy chit are you kidding....

If they would have had The YouTube in in the early 90's I might be a real guitarist by now.

What are you looking to learn: chords, theory, songs etc... youtube's got it all. There's a ton of crap, you'll start to filter through it as you go.

Are you an acoustic player or an electric?

Holy chit are you kidding....

If they would have had The YouTube in in the early 90's I might be a real guitarist by now.

What are you looking to learn: chords, theory, songs etc... youtube's got it all. There's a ton of crap, you'll start to filter through it as you go.

Are you an acoustic player or an electric?
I have an acoustic. I’ve actually just been using this app called Tabs and learning to play the chords. It allows you to play songs and I just listen for the strum patterns and try to figure it out myself. I was taking lessons before but was learning mostly music theory and wasn’t having as much fun.

I'm Maplecrest/ St Joe area. I'd like to get together sometime, but I never have time and have become quite the recluse since having children. I'm not even sure how to act in public anymore.

Reactions: PhishPhan682
I'm Maplecrest/ St Joe area. I'd like to get together sometime, but I never have time and have become quite the recluse since having children. I'm not even sure how to act in public anymore.
so you are 5 minutes from my house....

do you still have my email? it is the same one as it used to be.

Hit me up.

i actually won quite a bit of money on DraftKings. That was one of the changes I made though. First I gave up playing football on DK, then I gave up my fantasy football leagues, then I completely stopped watching NFL for a year (I’ve since decided it’s a good outlet to watch the Colts on a weekly basis), then I gave up playing golf on DK, and now I’m almost 95% free of watching all television.

I’ve filled my time with hitting the gym, walking the dog, going to bed around 10:00pm instead of after midnight, I listen to a chit ton of music all day, I watch music performances on YouTube (I guess you can call that TV), I listen to my favorite podcasts, I read the news online, I volunteer at my kids school and in the community. I now serve on multiple boards and committees. My sleep apnea is much better now that I found a comfortable mask. I’m finally getting closer to 7 hours of sleep a night. The next thing I’d like to start doing again is reading books. I used to be too tired to read, I’m gonna give it a shot. Oh, and I started taking guitar lessons...I got tired of @T.M.P. telling me I don’t know a damn thing about music.
Life gets stale if you don’t make changes and take chances. I honestly used to be afraid of trying new chit and didn’t have the confidence in myself. I think that ended when I participated in a Indy Star Storytelling event. A friend of mine is a journalist for the Star and asked me to fill in for someone that backed out 5 days before the event. The subject matter for the event was Parenthood. My friend thought I had a unique take on parenting since I’m a stay at home dad. So I wrote a script and had to fill 10 minutes without the use of any notes. The performance was in front of a crowd of over 200 people. I was scared as chit going into it. The night before at the dress rehearsal I ****ing bombed it...I wasn’t ready, my story didn’t feel where it needed to be and it sounded to rehearsed. So the next day I challenged myself to take a different approach. I knew the story because it was mine, I just needed to go off script and tell it. So that night, I had to go on stage after Tom Griswald from the Bob & Tom show. Not the ideal spot for anyone. Somehow I ****ing nailed it. It was the better then anytime I practiced it....I’m pretty sure the organizers were nervous for me because I sucked the night before. It was a relief and honestly maybe the most proud I’ve ever been of myself. The video is on the internet and I’d share the link but for whatever reason the link itself hasn’t been working.

Anyways, not sure the point of my sharing this with you....oh, the point was I’ve been making changes and I’m just ready to move on....
During you upcoming hiatus, try creating more paragraphs.

Don't be a stranger for too long. Did you say that you live near Pittsburgh? My youngest daughter is dating a guy from that area. He drives a couple hours to see her and is going into the Army as an officer in January. He graduated from Penn State in some metallurgical degree. He talks about what he knows and I just smile and nod. lol

Don't be a stranger for too long. Did you say that you live near Pittsburgh? My youngest daughter is dating a guy from that area. He drives a couple hours to see her and is going into the Army as an officer in January. He graduated from Penn State in some metallurgical degree. He talks about what he knows and I just smile and nod. lol
You two guys should get together. It sounds like fun.:rolleyes:

Life gets stale if you don’t make changes and take chances. I honestly used to be afraid of trying new chit and didn’t have the confidence in myself. I think that ended when I participated in a Indy Star Storytelling event. A friend of mine is a journalist for the Star and asked me to fill in for someone that backed out 5 days before the event. The subject matter for the event was Parenthood. My friend thought I had a unique take on parenting since I’m a stay at home dad. So I wrote a script and had to fill 10 minutes without the use of any notes. The performance was in front of a crowd of over 200 people. I was scared as chit going into it. The night before at the dress rehearsal I ****ing bombed it...I wasn’t ready, my story didn’t feel where it needed to be and it sounded to rehearsed. So the next day I challenged myself to take a different approach. I knew the story because it was mine, I just needed to go off script and tell it. So that night, I had to go on stage after Tom Griswald from the Bob & Tom show. Not actually the ideal spot for anyone. Somehow I ****ing nailed it. It was the better then anytime I practiced it....I’m pretty sure the organizers were nervous for me because I sucked the night before. It was a relief and honestly maybe the most proud I’ve ever been of myself. The video is on the internet and I’d share the link but for whatever reason the link itself hasn’t been working.

Sounds like you are wasting your life.

All things being equal, by Feb next year I will be making some major changes too. Moving away from S'pore.

Trying to decide who I want to piss off the most with my last post. VPM or Outside Shitter? Maybe I can achieve both with A Tom Brady video of him having anal sex with another man.
** ****ING **
yea I thought if I used img it wouldn’t be smart enough to fix it

Wishing you the best in your endeavors. Life can be rich and full of experience or you can watch it all happen while you are longing for something else. Sounds like you have chosen to participate more in life and I commend you for that.

That said ... I am pretty sure the void created by your missing posts will just be filled by yet another dumbass ;)

Wishing you the best in your endeavors. Life can be rich and full of experience or you can watch it all happen while you are longing for something else. Sounds like you have chosen to participate more in life and I commend you for that.

That said ... I am pretty sure the void created by your missing posts will just be filled by yet another dumbass ;)
There is no shortage of dumbasses, eh?

Reactions: iucutter87
ADVERTISEMENT