ADVERTISEMENT

Obama's final letter to Trump

meridian

Hall of Famer
Jul 3, 2001
Seattle
http://ir.net/news/politics/127222/obamas-final-letter-trump-revealed-read-full/

Dear Mr. President

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don’t know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we’ve both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It’s up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that’s willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It’s up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that’s expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions — like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties — that our forebears fought and bled for.
Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it’s up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They’ll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

http://ir.net/news/politics/127222/obamas-final-letter-trump-revealed-read-full/

Dear Mr. President

Congratulations on a remarkable run. Millions have placed their hopes in you, and all of us, regardless of party, should hope for expanded prosperity and security during your tenure.

This is a unique office, without a clear blueprint for success, so I don’t know that any advice from me will be particularly helpful. Still, let me offer a few reflections from the past 8 years.

First, we’ve both been blessed, in different ways, with great good fortune. Not everyone is so lucky. It’s up to us to do everything we can (to) build more ladders of success for every child and family that’s willing to work hard.

Second, American leadership in this world really is indispensable. It’s up to us, through action and example, to sustain the international order that’s expanded steadily since the end of the Cold War, and upon which our own wealth and safety depend.

Third, we are just temporary occupants of this office. That makes us guardians of those democratic institutions and traditions — like rule of law, separation of powers, equal protection and civil liberties — that our forebears fought and bled for.
Regardless of the push and pull of daily politics, it’s up to us to leave those instruments of our democracy at least as strong as we found them.

And finally, take time, in the rush of events and responsibilities, for friends and family. They’ll get you through the inevitable rough patches.

Michelle and I wish you and Melania the very best as you embark on this great adventure, and know that we stand ready to help in any ways which we can.

Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

History will judge those well wishes a calamitous mistake. More appropriate, a piece of used toilet paper with a fecal nugget on it.

Dear Mr. President

Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

C-Span had a great show last week - a live interview of Bill Clinton and George W. on the same stage at an event they planned to honor do-gooders who had impact.

They are big buddies now.

Once the politics is set aside, and the name-calling ends, people of good will can do great things.

So long as being right and proving others wrong dominates, well, just look at this board.

C-Span had a great show last week - a live interview of Bill Clinton and George W. on the same stage at an event they planned to honor do-gooders who had impact.

They are big buddies now.

Once the politics is set aside, and the name-calling ends, people of good will can do great things.

So long as being right and proving others wrong dominates, well, just look at this board.

The best thing I read Clinton say a few weeks ago on Rubenstein's show while he and GWB were being interviewed was the respect Bill had for GHWB. That was a heated election and Bill said that it was incredible how GHWB quickly shrugged off any hard feelings and learned to help and work with Bill during his time in office and afterwards. He said that was incredibly difficult for anyone to do, let alone with those types of stakes.

Made me appreciate how Presidential he was compared to the guy in office. I seriously doubt Donald would ever show that type of humility and work for the common good.

The best thing I read Clinton say a few weeks ago on Rubenstein's show while he and GWB were being interviewed was the respect Bill had for GHWB. That was a heated election and Bill said that it was incredible how GHWB quickly shrugged off any hard feelings and learned to help and work with Bill during his time in office and afterwards. He said that was incredibly difficult for anyone to do, let alone with those types of stakes.

Made me appreciate how Presidential he was compared to the guy in office. I seriously doubt Donald would ever show that type of humility and work for the common good.
If you think about it, we've actually been pretty lucky for several decades. Whatever you think of their policies, up until this year, we've had a string of Presidents who all were apparently genuinely decent and professional people. Who was our last really Bad Guy president? Nixon? LBJ? Even both of them were probably saints compared to Trump.

I shudder to imagine what Trump's letter to his successor might look like.

If you think about it, we've actually been pretty lucky for several decades. Whatever you think of their policies, up until this year, we've had a string of Presidents who all were apparently genuinely decent and professional people. Who was our last really Bad Guy president? Nixon? LBJ? Even both of them were probably saints compared to Trump.

Let's just hope there is a successor.

Who was our last really Bad Guy president? Nixon? LBJ? Even both of them were probably saints compared to Trump.

Dear Madam President,

I hope things are swell with you. I had a tremendous ride doing this gig and did such a great job that some say I will be the best President ever. Tough, Fair, and caring for all Americans, not like that coloured guy Muslim guy who conned his way into the office. He was a total disaster, total yuge disaster. That's why I am so loved, bigly by everyone.

Believe me, many people said I am the smartest guy on Earth.. thats how I made all Americans rich now.
America is the greatest country on Earth or the parts which still habitable, you know after those bombs were sent by me. I was tough. Boy, was I tough. Those yellow pests… my Pappa always said you cant trust them. Great as accountants but even then, we had to keep an eye on those slants all day. Haha!
Anyway, many many people said I did such a great job… such a great job…. Many, many billions of people loved the job I did, even more than those 126 million that showed up at my Inauguration. The biggest yugest show on Earth then. Believe me.

If I can only stayed longer, I think I could do a wonderful job not just for America but for the rest of the planet... you know like President of Earth. The first. But its very unfair. The media just would not let me do it. The fake news people are all nasty haters and losers. Just not very smart people. Not like me.
Soo unfair. I could tear down that CHI-na wall like that President once said... President Lincoln, who knew. I think... believe it would have been wonderful. It kept out the Mexican rapists and nasty drug dealers for centuries.

All I wanted was to help them all make so much money. Billions and billions of money for billions and billions of the people of Earth. Help them all win again. Thats why in America they all very much love me.
They are too tired from winning. No body knows more about winning than me. President Donald J Trump.
Believe me, it would have been unbelievable.

Now you just have to look back at my tweets and see how I made America great again. Believe me, its a tough job but its possible. You need to be smart and bigly educated like me.

I will take a break after this job after working non-stop working for the American people for so many years. Then I will think of my next gig ... many people have given me ideas...but you can always call me for advice. If not, I will just tweet the advice.

#MEGA (Make Earth Great Again)

Your Sincerest Advisor,
Greatest President Donald J Trump aka Greatest45.

Last edited:
LOL. That's good. I was thinking more along the lines of:

Mike,

If you could find it in your heart to issue me a pardon, that would be great.

Thanks,
Donald

Ud6krzOUaQiVrbx4IWkuzUrMD8vWr4qbG1wMtmWKQ94r7Doi6fybXXnACJoLFtKR-lol.png

But you know that wouldnt have been written by The Donald. Grammatically correct? Hah!

I am sure he will blame Obama for all the failures and disasters during his tenure and exaggerate his successes if any. In fact, I am surprised that he has not blamed Obama and Clinton for the hurricane in Texas as well as the North Korean H-bomb yet, or has he?:rolleyes:

Dear Mr. President

Good luck and Godspeed,
BO

I can just imagine what Trump's letter would look like.

This is things get difficult. If we had a situation where there was a very competent policy-maker and leader that had Trump's character and charisma, would they be better for the country than someone less qualified and mediocre in policy-making, but great in front of a camera?

While it may seem silly, having that aura and presence does seem to go a long way, even if it means sacrificing good decisions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT