ADVERTISEMENT

#Obamagate

HillzHoozier

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 16, 2005
Souls for Sale. Has a nice ring to it I think. Like I said four years ago, if you believed the Russian hoax, you're either stupid or a liar. It appears the evidence is mounting that shows how the Obama Administration used Russian disimformation in an attempt to frame the POTUS as a Russian agent. How ironical.

Last edited:
Reactions: boilerjohn
Well, if you're cool with a disgraced general who admitted and pleaded guilty to two felonies by lying to the FBI, setting up back channel communications directly to the Kremlin from the Russian Embassy in Washington, you're not much of a patriot.

Emmett Sullivan, the judge who presided over Flynn's case said of Flynn's admissions: "I mean, arguably, that undermines everything this [American] flag over here stands for. Arguably, you sold your country out. The court’s going to consider all of that.”

Sullivan even suggested Flynn might be guilty of treason: “I really don’t know the answer to this question, but given the fact that the then-president of the United States imposed sanctions against Russia for interfering with federal elections in this country, is there an opinion about the conduct of the defendant the following days that rises to the level of treasonous activity on his part?”

Before Flynn pleaded guilty to the two felonies he committed, Sullivan asked: “Do you have any concerns that you entered your guilty plea before you or your attorneys were able to review information that could have been helpful to your defense?” Flynn said, “No, your honor.”

You honestly expect the sitting President of the United States not to be concerned with and discuss clandestine activity at the highest levels? You are loco, amigo. Trumpsters have gone out of their minds.

Your own link says (buried at the bottom of the page): "None of this means that Obama committed some specific crime; he almost assuredly did not." The National Review just thinks the media should crank up the fake outrage. I see a new BENGHAZI!!! on the horizon! :rolleyes:

Souls for Sale. Has a nice ring to it I think. Like I said four years ago, if you believed the Russian hoax, you're either stupid or a liar. It appears the evidence is mounting that shows how the Obama Administration used Russian disimformation in an attempt to frame the POTUS as a Russian agent. How ironical.

Last edited:

I'm not going to wade thru all the rightwing nonsense. So can you walk me through this? So how did "Obama" trick Team Trump into hiring 2 questionable people with ties to Russia (Page and Manafort) in March 2016, when Trump wasn't even yet in the position of being the presumptive nominee for the GOP?

I asked COH about this a day or so ago, and I didn't really get a satisfactory answer. Trump announced his run on June 16, 2015. So when exactly did he become such a threat (Primaries started early 2016) that "Obama" decided to "frame him" for "Russian Collusion", and apparently as part of framing him got him to hire 2 people with very suspicious backgrounds? Unless you can point to a time BEFORE Page and Manafort were hired, it's REALLY HARD to label anything a "Hoax" in light of the people Trump chose to associate himself with...

When Page and Manafort were hired people IN GOVT but also people NOT in Govt found that troubling and suspicious. Imo, Trump has no one to blame but himself and his own questionable decisions- unless you can demonstrate that this "Obama plot" was in place before March 2016. Is that what the wingnut commentators are claiming? Because as this story from Quartz points out-Team Trump made VERY SUSPICIOUS personnel decisions starting in March 2016...

https://qz.com/650201/donald-trump-...rmer-president-putin-buddy-viktor-yanukovych/

What exactly do you consider the "Russian hoax" to mean?

You can't even make this craziness up. Right in front of everyone in America:

From Salon:

"It comes full circle": President Trump calls Vladimir Putin on same day Flynn charges are dismissed."

“He is so stupid," MSNBC host Joe Scarborough says of Trump. "He didn’t realize — he really is just so stupid"
This Admin won't stop pushing more and more until someone in their party has the balls to step up and provide some resistance to these kleptocrats. It's a tragedy.

I'm not going to wade thru all the rightwing nonsense. So can you walk me through this? So how did "Obama" trick Team Trump into hiring 2 questionable people with ties to Russia (Page and Manafort) in March 2016, when Trump wasn't even yet in the position of being the presumptive nominee for the GOP?

I asked COH about this a day or so ago, and I didn't really get a satisfactory answer. Trump announced his run on June 16, 2015. So when exactly did he become such a threat (Primaries started early 2016) that "Obama" decided to "frame him" for "Russian Collusion", and apparently as part of framing him got him to hire 2 people with very suspicious backgrounds? Unless you can point to a time BEFORE Page and Manafort were hired, it's REALLY HARD to label anything a "Hoax" in light of the people Trump chose to associate himself with...

When Page and Manafort were hired people IN GOVT but also people NOT in Govt found that troubling and suspicious. Imo, Trump has no one to blame but himself and his own questionable decisions- unless you can demonstrate that this "Obama plot" was in place before March 2016. Is that what the wingnut commentators are claiming? Because as this story from Quartz points out-Team Trump made VERY SUSPICIOUS personnel decisions starting in March 2016...

https://qz.com/650201/donald-trump-...rmer-president-putin-buddy-viktor-yanukovych/

Reactions: sglowrider

During the time-frame of December 2015 through April 2016 the NSA database was being exploited by contractors within the intelligence community doing unauthorized searches.

On March 9, 2016, oversight personnel doing a review of FBI system access were alerted to thousands of unauthorized search queries of specific U.S. persons within the NSA database.

NSA Director Admiral Mike Rogers was made aware.

Subsequently NSA Director Rogers initiated a full compliance review of the system to identify who was doing the searches; & what searches were being conducted.
December 2015 is before March 2016.

On April 18, 2016, following the preliminary audit results, Director Rogers shut down all FBI contractor access to the database after he learned FISA-702 “about”(17) and “to/from”(16) search queries were being done without authorization. Thus begins the first discovery of a much bigger background story.

When you compile the timeline with the people involved; and the specific wording of the resulting review, which was then delivered to the FISA court; and overlay the activity that was taking place in the GOP primary; what we discover is a process where the metadata collected by the NSA was being searched for political opposition research and surveillance.

Additionally, tens-of-thousands of searches were identified by the FISA court as likely extending much further than the compliance review period: “while the government reports it is unable to provide a reliable estimate of the non compliant queries since 2012, there is no apparent reason to believe the November 2015 [to] April 2016 period coincided with an unusually high error rate”.

In short, during the Obama administration the NSA database was continually used to conduct surveillance. This is the critical point that leads to understanding the origin of “Spygate”, as it unfolded in the Spring and Summer of 2016.

It was the discovery of the database exploitation and the removal of access as a surveillance tool that created their initial problem. Here’s how we can tell.
Click that last link for the rest. It lays out the timeline, it links actual documents, and other support. You might learn some really uncomfortable things about the prior administration. The lid is just starting to come off on this stuff and it is already looking bad.

I already know what the response to all of this is going to be, but there are more mainstream sources that are finally being forced to cover the story. There is nothing more dangerous to the health of the Republic then throwing the electoral process into question and threatening the peaceful transfer of power. Obama is the biggest crook to ever sit in the White House.

Reactions: boilerjohn and 76-1
You can't even make this craziness up. Right in front of everyone in America:

From Salon:
“He is so stupid," MSNBC host Joe Scarborough says of Trump. "He didn’t realize — he really is just so stupid"
This Admin won't stop pushing more and more until someone in their party has the balls to step up and provide some resistance to these kleptocrats. It's a tragedy.

Chime... Rockfish..

Reactions: cosmickid
During the time-frame of December 2015 through April 2016 the NSA database was being exploited by contractors within the intelligence community doing unauthorized searches.

On March 9, 2016, oversight personnel doing a review of FBI system access were alerted to thousands of unauthorized search queries of specific U.S. persons within the NSA database.

Subsequently NSA Director Rogers initiated a full compliance review of the system to identify who was doing the searches; & what searches were being conducted.

On April 18, 2016, following the preliminary audit results, Director Rogers shut down all FBI contractor access to the database after he learned FISA-702 “about”(17) and “to/from”(16) search queries were being done without authorization. Thus begins the first discovery of a much bigger background story.

When you compile the timeline with the people involved; and the specific wording of the resulting review, which was then delivered to the FISA court; and overlay the activity that was taking place in the GOP primary; what we discover is a process where the metadata collected by the NSA was being searched for political opposition research and surveillance.

Additionally, tens-of-thousands of searches were identified by the FISA court as likely extending much further than the compliance review period: “while the government reports it is unable to provide a reliable estimate of the non compliant queries since 2012, there is no apparent reason to believe the November 2015 [to] April 2016 period coincided with an unusually high error rate”.

In short, during the Obama administration the NSA database was continually used to conduct surveillance. This is the critical point that leads to understanding the origin of “Spygate”, as it unfolded in the Spring and Summer of 2016.

It was the discovery of the database exploitation and the removal of access as a surveillance tool that created their initial problem. Here’s how we can tell.
Click that last link for the rest. It lays out the timeline, it links actual documents, and other support. You might learn some really uncomfortable things about the prior administration. The lid is just starting to come off on this stuff and it is already looking bad.

I already know what the response to all of this is going to be, but there are more mainstream sources that are finally being forced to cover the story. There is nothing more dangerous to the health of the Republic then throwing the electoral process into question and threatening the peaceful transfer of power. Obama is the biggest crook to ever sit in the White House.

You give me a link to Judicial Watch and something called the "Conservative Tree", which is ridiculous on the surface. But the main problem is the timeline doesn't even make sense. The Iowa Caucuses were on Feb 1, 2016, only 1 Month before Trump started hiring people with Russian connections. nd Trump didn't even win Iowa- Cruz did. So again how did this idea to "frame Trump" emerge before Trump started making suspicious personnel moves?

I don't care about those other nonsense conspiracy theories spouted by Judicial Watch. Their whole raison d'etre is to go after the Clintons. Fitton is the same huckster that wrote "Clinton Cash", and it's ridiculous to link those fools as some sort of source. I was going to read the link, just to try and understand this whole wacky concept-but you just lose all credibility when you bring a con man like Fitton into the mix...

Even if any of what you're claiming was accurate it's not going to matter. it's like the boy who cried wolf- those actors just have no credibility with anyone outside Trump cult world. You can't make nonsense claims (like the whole Uranium one claim) that just have absolutely no ring of truth (for one thing, the CFIUS to the extent they are controlled by any Cabinet position) fall under the Treasury Dept, not the State Dept.

So when you try and claim something ridiculous -like Clinton "sold" uranium 1 to enrich herself- it doesn't even make sense. Not only did subordinates attend CFIUS meetings (not Clinton), but the whole Uranium 1 proposal passed with UNANIMOUS consent (including the Intelligence Agencies) and we're supposed to believe that all these other Cabinet officials just agreed to let Clinton profit and none of them got a "piece of the pie" themselves? Not to mention that the profits from ceding the mining rights that the deal focussed on were to go to US personnel and no export license was even granted. I mean that's just typical of the BatSHIT crazy arguments Fitton tries to propagate...

Rosensweig does a great job of laying the whole ridiculousness of the Uranium One "scandal" out here...

https://www.lawfareblog.com/unpacking-uranium-one-hype-and-law

Wow. The stupid is out of its cage. Note to everyone who isn’t a Trumpbot: This will get much worse.

When you see a story about all the Obama people who did “unmasking”, ask yourself questions like:

(1) What is unmasking?

(2) Is it an unusual thing when people who are authorized request that authorized people do it?

(3) How often does this happen?

(4) Is there any non-crazy basis to be fulminating against anyone?

(5) If your news source doesn’t answer these obvious questions, then why are you reading that news source?

Well, you have to remember that the Obama Administration didn't have the luxury of a Jared Kushner to put all these puzzle pieces and unknowns together for us to understand. Now we know why he's so crucial to the future of America.

I hear Jared is thinking about moving the election back. No decisions have been made so far. He's going to get back to us on that, though.

Wow. The stupid is out of its cage. Note to everyone who isn’t a Trumpbot: This will get much worse.

When you see a story about all the Obama people who did “unmasking”, ask yourself questions like:

(1) What is unmasking?

(2) Is it an unusual thing when people who are authorized request that authorized people do it?

(3) How often does this happen?

(4) Is there any non-crazy basis to be fulminating against anyone?

(5) If your news source doesn’t answer these obvious questions, then why are you reading that news source?

The whole thing is crazy. The 2 FBI agents who interviewed Flynn didn’t even think he was lying.

I'd bet dollars to donuts he doesn't have a definition. All "Russian hoax" is to him is a reason to hate Democrats.

I'll be honest.... not even sure what this is all about. It all reeks of inside beltway baseball. And really not something I'm very interested in. I was never a big proponent of the Russia/ Trump argument to start with. Did he benefit from some Russian propaganda during the campaign.... yes, to some degree..... but it always seemed rather loosey goosey. Manafort was an obvious sleaze ball, but was a bit player in the Trump orbit. The rest is a lot of conjecture.

Trump was rightly impeached because of his incredibly inappropriate behavior with Ukraine.

None of this matters in the larger problem of his total and complete unfitness for office. And now we've all got much larger problems, so WGAFF.

Reactions: anon_mlxxvlbug9dpa
I'll be honest.... not even sure what this is all about. It all reeks of inside beltway baseball. And really not something I'm very interested in. I was never a big proponent of the Russia/ Trump argument to start with. Did he benefit from some Russian propaganda during the campaign.... yes, to some degree..... but it always seemed rather loosey goosey. Manafort was an obvious sleaze ball, but was a bit player in the Trump orbit. The rest is a lot of conjecture.

Trump was rightly impeached because of his incredibly inappropriate behavior with Ukraine.

None of this matters in the larger problem of his total and complete unfitness for office. And now we've all got much larger problems, so WGAFF.
Apparently the Democrats when they were in office were investigating possible corruption? So that's a problem somehow?

I don't know, I don't get it either.

Robert Hansen and Aldrich Ames say hello!

The FBI aren't perfect. They make mistakes just like other human beings. It doesn't matter whether the FBI thought he was lying. Flynn DID know he was lying to the FBI, which is a felony to which in both cases he pleaded guilty.

Have you ever had an acquaintance who lied to you, you had no reason not to believe them, but later found out they were lying through their teeth? You didn't do anything wrong, but the guy who lied to you did. In this case that guy got caught and admitted as much in court.

I know Democrats have their own scumbags, but this guy was running a secret channel to our biggest global adversary through the Russian Embassy and their ambassador. Why can't you just admit the guy is a scumbag. He was fired by both Obama and Trump. He committed two felonies in lying to the FBI. And now it's looking like he may get perjury added on top of that. The judge seems to think it's treasonous behavior.

Secretary of State Colin Powell even called him “right-wing nutty” and a conspiracy theorist. For Christ's sake, let the guy ride into the sunset.

The whole thing is crazy. The 2 FBI agents who interviewed Flynn didn’t even think he was lying.

Last edited:
Reactions: outside shooter
Robert Hansen and Aldrich Ames say hello!

The FBI aren't perfect. They make mistakes just like other human beings. It doesn't matter whether the FBI thought he was lying. Flynn DID know he was lying to the FBI, which is a felony to which in both cases he pleaded guilty.

Have you ever had an acquaintance who lied to you, you had no reason not to believe them, but later found out they were lying through their teeth? You didn't do anything wrong, but the guy who lied to you did. In this case that guy got caught and admitted as much in court.

I know Democrats have their own scumbags, but this guy was running a secret channel to our biggest global adversary through the Russian Embassy and their ambassador. Why can't you just admit the guy is a scumbag. He was fired by both Obama and Trump. He committed two felonies in lying to the FBI. And now it's looking like he may get perjury added on top of that. The judge seems to think it's treasonous behavior.

For Christ's sake, let the guy ride into the sunset.
I think “running a secret channel” is a stretch. He was incoming NSA.

You can't just set up your own State Department until the President is in office. That's COMPLETELY against US diplomatic protocol. It's a bunch of buffoons playing spy. Embarrassing.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/03/the-push-for-a-trump-russia-back-channel-what-we-know.html

How stupid and naive these people are is shocking. Kushner somehow imagined that his secret channel wasn't being listened to by US Intelligence agencies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Former Director of the National Security Agency and the CIA, Gen. Michael Hayden, called Kushner’s request for a communications back channel “off the map." “What manner of ignorance, chaos, hubris, suspicion, contempt, would you have to have to think that doing this with the Russian ambassador was a good or appropriate idea?”

Kislyak has been at the center of contacts between Trump administration officials and Russia. The ambassador's conversations with Flynn prior to Trump's inauguration led to Flynn's firing in February after it was revealed that Flynn misled White House officials about the nature of their discussions.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep...-communications-backchannel/story?id=47672306

Flynn, while he was still a private citizen and Barack Obama was still President, had discussed American sanctions against Russia with Sergey Kislyak, the Russian Ambassador in Washington. The conversations were possibly illegal. Flynn and Kislyak’s communications, by phone and text, occurred on the same day the Obama Administration announced the expulsion of thirty-five Russian diplomats in retaliation for Russia’s efforts to swing the election in Trump’s favor. Flynn had previously denied talking about sanctions with the Ambassador.

This New Yorker article is excellent:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/michael-flynn-general-chaos

(Flynn's) closest military colleagues had been struggling to make sense of what had happened to the talented and grounded general they once knew. “Mike is inarguably one of the finest leaders the Army has ever produced,” James (Spider) Marks, a retired major general, told me. And yet, watching the first night of the Republican National Convention, last July, Marks was taken aback when his old friend appeared onscreen.

“Wake up, America!” Flynn said, his jaw set and his hands gripping the sides of the lectern. The United States was in peril: “Our very existence is threatened.” The moment demanded a President with “guts,” he declared, not a “weak, spineless” one who “believes she is above the law.”

In the early two-thousands, Marks was Flynn’s commanding officer at the Army’s intelligence academy, in Fort Huachuca, Arizona; one of his daughters went to school with one of Flynn’s sons. Marks regarded Flynn as “smart, humble, and funny.” What he saw on TV was something else: “That’s a vitriolic side of Mike that I never knew.”

I think “running a secret channel” is a stretch. He was incoming NSA.

Last edited:
Quit spreading lies and propaganda and quit being such a rube.

Reactions: DrHoops
Well, you have to remember that the Obama Administration didn't have the luxury of a Jared Kushner to put all these puzzle pieces and unknowns together for us to understand. Now we know why he's so crucial to the future of America.

I hear Jared is thinking about moving the election back. No decisions have been made so far. He's going to get back to us on that, though.

Glad to know Jared has that authority.

You can't just set up your own State Department until the President is in office. That's COMPLETELY against US diplomatic protocol. It's a bunch of buffoons playing spy. Embarrassing.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/03/the-push-for-a-trump-russia-back-channel-what-we-know.html

How stupid and naive these people are is shocking. Kushner somehow imagined that his secret channel wasn't being listened to by US Intelligence agencies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...0a14b4-422d-11e7-9869-bac8b446820a_story.html

Former Director of the National Security Agency and the CIA, Gen. Michael Hayden, called Kushner’s request for a communications back channel “off the map." “What manner of ignorance, chaos, hubris, suspicion, contempt, would you have to have to think that doing this with the Russian ambassador was a good or appropriate idea?”

Kislyak has been at the center of contacts between Trump administration officials and Russia. The ambassador's conversations with Flynn prior to Trump's inauguration led to Flynn's firing in February after it was revealed that Flynn misled White House officials about the nature of their discussions.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep...-communications-backchannel/story?id=47672306

Flynn, while he was still a private citizen and Barack Obama was still President, had discussed American sanctions against Russia with Sergey Kislyak, the Russian Ambassador in Washington. The conversations were possibly illegal. Flynn and Kislyak’s communications, by phone and text, occurred on the same day the Obama Administration announced the expulsion of thirty-five Russian diplomats in retaliation for Russia’s efforts to swing the election in Trump’s favor. Flynn had previously denied talking about sanctions with the Ambassador.

This New Yorker article is excellent:

https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/02/27/michael-flynn-general-chaos

(Flynn's) closest military colleagues had been struggling to make sense of what had happened to the talented and grounded general they once knew. “Mike is inarguably one of the finest leaders the Army has ever produced,” James (Spider) Marks, a retired major general, told me. And yet, watching the first night of the Republican National Convention, last July, Marks was taken aback when his old friend appeared onscreen.

“Wake up, America!” Flynn said, his jaw set and his hands gripping the sides of the lectern. The United States was in peril: “Our very existence is threatened.” The moment demanded a President with “guts,” he declared, not a “weak, spineless” one who “believes she is above the law.”

In the early two-thousands, Marks was Flynn’s commanding officer at the Army’s intelligence academy, in Fort Huachuca, Arizona; one of his daughters went to school with one of Flynn’s sons. Marks regarded Flynn as “smart, humble, and funny.” What he saw on TV was something else: “That’s a vitriolic side of Mike that I never knew.”
Nothing about Flynn/Kislyak call was illegal. It’s SOP for incoming administrations to open dialogue with foreign governments. The FBI knew at the time there was nothing illegal about it.

Reactions: Lucy01

Sleepy Joe is right in the middle of this and lies about it!
If there's a contest between Sleepy Joe and Lying Trump on lying, who do you think will win?
Better yet, if I offer you $20, will you take it? That also means that if you lose, you are obligated to pay me $20.
A deal?

Last edited:
P.S.: I will tighten the deal.
Normally, "quality" of lies would be the correct way of determining the contest. Unfortunately, quality can be argued easily. So, I would settle for number of lies, say, within last 4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT