ADVERTISEMENT

Obama to CDC:

One of you guys want to explain what rules or guidance exactly Obama is planning on violating here?
Everything I’ve read said they would adhere to all CDC guidelines, that the event is outdoors and that proof of negative COVID tests are required. Obama derangement syndrome must be a long term disability/mental illness.

Screw you!

gold cup had 65,000 people packed in like sardines last night. grant park was packed over the weekend. good for obama. get vaccinated get back to livin. i'm all for it. breakthrough deaths are comparable to shark attack deaths. if you don't want the vax whatever. if you get sick and die it was your choice. no more lockdowns and bs. enough is enough.

and obama has pearl jam to boot. during my playing days our team bus had Ten running on a loop. martha's vineyard and a concert sounds fantastic

Everything I’ve read said they would adhere to all CDC guidelines, that the event is outdoors and that proof of negative COVID tests are required. Obama derangement syndrome must be a long term disability/mental illness.
The article calls your assumptions possibly wrong.

if he wants to have a party go ahead! I think he should….

I think the story that is missed in the article was $12 BILLION Dollar estate they own!!!! Holy crap!!

• Haha
Reactions: DANC and Bowlmania

I think the story that is missed in the article was $12 BILLION Dollar estate they own!!!! Holy crap!!
Typo. But it's the Daily Mail.

Noticed you left this out of your original post. Seems your “gotcha” moment is anything but.

All guests will have to be COVID tested and vaccinated

Lots of hostility on here… 😃…I’ll stay in the shallow end or probably stay on the sport boards. Just looking around
There is indeed. We'd be most appreciative of some new blood that posts without hostility. Besides, some of the most hostile posters are only active here during the off-season, and will disappear back to the football board shortly.

IN addition to Barry's I'll get Bill Ayers's and Bernardine Dohrn's. Framing will be an extra charge.
Great......two home grown American terrorists, now collecting pensions from the bankrupt state of Illinois. They make the January 6 "insurrectionists" look like mere pyckers.

Man, I picked the wrong profession.....

Hey if you can get Tony Rezko for a group photo that would be awesome. Or better yet, if you could get David Axelrod holding up a copy of Jack Ryan's "sealed" divorce decree, I would pay top dollar for that.

I enjoyed sitting back and laughing at this. Thank you.

Noticed you left this out of your original post. Seems your “gotcha” moment is anything but.

It's a bad look under the circumstances. But it should be noted that this Delta spike has come up quick, like within the last two weeks or so. The planning for this party has been going on much longer than that.

It's a bad look under the circumstances. But it should be noted that this Delta spike has come up quick, like within the last two weeks or so. The planning for this party has been going on much longer than that.
Apparently the next variant coming down the pike is showing resistance to vaccines. Fun

You missed the point entirely.

He's ignoring what the CDC recommends.

I couldn't care less what kind of party he has or who attends it or whether they mask up or not?

But the CDC - the Holy CDC - that does. Why do you hate science?

You missed the point entirely.

He's ignoring what the CDC recommends.

I couldn't care less what kind of party he has or who attends it or whether they mask up or not?

But the CDC - the Holy CDC - that does. Why do you hate science?
Which CDC recommendation is he ignoring? I looked over their current guidance, and compared it to what the article said about Obama's party, and I can't find it. Help me out.

Are you saying you can't get or spread the virus if vaccinated?

Are you, really?

Hey, everyone, Harry doesn't believe the 'experts'!

Didn't stop the CDC from coming up with new mask guidelines.

There are many things that have been planned that have had to be canceled.

Bad look, I'll give you. If OP had said, "This is bad PR," I would have agreed. But he didn't. He said Obama was ignoring the CDC's guidance. And no one has been able to explain how.

• Haha
Reactions: IU_Hickory and DANC
Bad look, I'll give you. If OP had said, "This is bad PR," I would have agreed. But he didn't. He said Obama was ignoring the CDC's guidance. And no one has been able to explain how.

Because he isn't. It's an outdoor event. The CDC's revised masking guidance is for indoor gathers. You know that of course, and Dan is aware of it by now, but he's not going to admit it.

Because he isn't. It's an outdoor event. The CDC's revised masking guidance is for indoor gathers. You know that of course, and Dan is aware of it by now, but he's not going to admit it.
"The CDC advises people who want to have large gatherings to gather virtually."

You didn't read the article, either. Or else just chose to ignore the embarrassing parts.

Oh, OK. Since you're playing stupid: "The CDC advises people who want to have large gatherings to gather virtually."
Here's the actual guidance. It's true the CDC prefers virtual gatherings, but it also includes guidance on how to make large gatherings safer, and that guidance appears to line up well with what's reported about Obama's party: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/your-health/large-gatherings.html

It's also worth noting that this guidance is primarily for unvaccinated people. The CDC has different guidance for vaccinated people, which does not include any recommendations for avoiding gatherings: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html

If the article is correct that Obama's guests will be required to be fully vaccinated, then it is that second link that applies.

Reactions: IU_Hickory
ADVERTISEMENT