ADVERTISEMENT

Obama inspired the Class of 2020. And the rest of us as well...

He pulled us out of the recession and imo set the foundation for the strong economy we had under trump. His message was usually one of unity imo. Not sure how people can knock him. But what inspires each of us is obviously personal.
People can be inspired by good or evil. Manson, Jones, Hitler, Trump... differences in degree, yes, but not in kind.

Obama and trump have left two legacies that will benefit people for decades to come. Trump championed transparency in billing and Obama eliminated exclusions based on pre-existing conditions. For that alone I will always be a fan of Obama.
Trump gutted the ACA in mid-2017. At that time, only 7.9% of Americans did not have health insurance.

In 2018, the first full year under the Trump/ McConnell/GOP plan, uninsured Americans rose by 2 million to 8.5%.

https://khn.org/news/number-of-americans-without-insurance-rises-in-2018/

In 2019, uninsured Americans rose to 13.7%.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/23/rate-of-americans-without-health-insurance-hits-four-year-high/

In 2020, many more will lose their employer group health insurance, as businesses close permanently from COVID-19 and Trump's incompetent handling of the crisis.

So what is your reaction to this massive loss of health coverage? You praised Trump by claiming he "championed transparency in billing."

Seriously, you prioritize billing practices over the loss of all coverage for so many Americans? You are callous and insensitive. As I said, Trump has his and you have yours, and you two just don't care about the others.

Reactions: sglowrider
Trump gutted the ACA in mid-2017. At that time, only 7.9% of Americans did not have health insurance.

In 2018, the first full year under the Trump/ McConnell/GOP plan, uninsured Americans rose by 2 million to 8.5%.

https://khn.org/news/number-of-americans-without-insurance-rises-in-2018/

In 2019, uninsured Americans rose to 13.7%.

https://nypost.com/2019/01/23/rate-of-americans-without-health-insurance-hits-four-year-high/

In 2020, many more will lose their employer group health insurance, as businesses close permanently from COVID-19 and Trump's incompetent handling of the crisis.

So what is your reaction to this massive loss of health coverage? You praised Trump by claiming he "championed transparency in billing."

Seriously, you prioritize billing practices over the loss of all coverage for so many Americans? You are callous and insensitive. As I said, Trump has his and you have yours, and you two just don't care about the others.
Another one that projects. You have no idea what I have or don’t have. And who are you to presume I don’t care. You realize prior to the virus we had the lowest unemployment rate in history. Ever thought some folks chose not to get insurance?. Lots of single men I know don’t have it. As for the poor there’s Medicaid. Old Medicare. Every kind of policy imaginable to dirt cheap for only catastrophic to short term to extensive and no deductible. The question of coverage invokes many variables including personal choice. I want everyone to have coverage that wants coverage. I’m not convinced I want the government to be the one to provide it. I’m not a big fan of their stewardship with my money.

I’ll tell you another thing my insurance, if you must know, skyrocketed AFTER Obamacare. And if Obamacare made those with preexisting conditions insurable I’m fine with it going up.

Last edited:
Huh? No. He won because he promised to lower people’s taxes. He won because he promised businesses deregulation. He won because he promised to bring back manufacturing. He won because he promised cheaper healthcare. He won because he promised to reinforce the military. He won because he promised to get rid of career politicians. And yes, joe blow manufacturing widgets in the rust belt doesn’t want to see Hillary on a stage with Jay Z. Trump knew what people in the swing states cared about, and it sure as hell isn’t celebrity nonsense. He likely also knew he couldn’t deliver on it, but he was smart enough to know what people want - a lesson lost on the Dems.

He promised everything to everyone and the idiots, and only the idiots, believed him. Idiots enjoy being lied to. Close or far from Hollywood has nothing to do with it, which was your whole point about why Dems didn’t win.

He promised everything to everyone and the idiots, and only the idiots, believed him. Idiots enjoy being lied to. Close or far from Hollywood has nothing to do with it, which was your whole point about why Dems didn’t win.
More hyperbole. Idiots this idiots that. It’s hard to have a discussion when you ignore the stock market, the unemployment rates, the minority unemployment rates, prison reform, trade efforts, hospital transparency, manufacturing etc. it’s just dumb. There were a hell of a lot of good things happening prior to the virus. If you want to ignore that, fine, but you’re being dishonest. Trump is such a vile guy that some of you can’t separate the results from the guy. Confidence among businesses was sky high going into this year.

Reactions: ribbont
I'll plead guilty. My tolerance for "vile" must be different than yours. At some point, the trains running on time just isn't enough.
I totally get that. For me I don’t care. He can be as crass as he wants as long as people have jobs and money to live their dream.

This type of insane, uneducated and crazy hyperbole is THE reason I voted and will vote again for trump

SK, prior to Trump, what other politicians did you admire?

Just trying to put your political viewpoint in perspective.

Hahahhaa LMAO obama in the same sentence as wise words. HAHAHAHAHA. Your a ****ing dolt! Obama is the biggest worthless POS and most of you voted for him which means your are that x10. Stupid, sheep, dolt, reprobate, dumb. Hahahaha

This type of insane, uneducated and crazy hyperbole is THE reason I voted and will vote again for trump
Oh, and we’ve never gotten any “insane, uneducated and crazy hyperbole” from Trump. LOL.. have you read his daily twitter rants or listened to his talking heads on Fox in prime time?

Hahahhaa LMAO obama in the same sentence as wise words. HAHAHAHAHA. Your a ****ing dolt! Obama is the biggest worthless POS and most of you voted for him which means your are that x10. Stupid, sheep, dolt, reprobate, dumb. Hahahaha
Impressive. You were on the debate team in middle school, weren't you?

Oh, and we’ve never gotten any “insane, uneducated and crazy hyperbole” from Trump. LOL.. have you read his daily twitter rants or listened to his talking heads on Fox in prime time?

Comparing him to hitler is a mark of a mental defect.

You don’t have to like the guy, lots of times I dont. But if someone has a low enough IQ to make that comparison they should be in permanent coronavirus lockdown

Reactions: Lucy01
Comparing him to hitler is a mark of a mental defect.

You don’t have to like the guy, lots of times I dont. But if someone has a low enough IQ to make that comparison they should be in permanent coronavirus lockdown
No need to get all shitty about it. Why don't you just call Godwin?

Reactions: cosmickid
Trump Jr. implied Biden was a pedophile. He was just joshin', of course.

Are you really asking for an example. He’s the poster child for the NRA living on a compound in rural Michigan. That’s a type that has a certain core value system. You don’t need to write a dissertation. Google a pic of him in his yard.

I thought you were speaking in a positive sense. I guess I have a different definition of "value system". Nazis and the KKK have beliefs, but I don't consider that a "value system"...

They're just pissed that Obama demonstrated why their current object of adoration sucks, and they know it, and they can't admit it. Obama didn't say anything offensive. The only thing he did was sound like a true leader. That is in and of itself offensive to them, because deep inside, they know Trump can't do that.

They're just pissed that Obama demonstrated why their current object of adoration sucks, and they know it, and they can't admit it. Obama didn't say anything offensive. The only thing he did was sound like a true leader. That is in and of itself offensive to them, because deep inside, they know Trump can't do that.

Lolzzzzzzzz Obama a true leader?

Reactions: Lucy01
Ted nugent needs to be in a nervous hospital, but was actually a really bad choice on your part. He’s actually a celeb that’s devoted his entire life to a certain core value system that resonates with many redneck republican voters. He’s a celeb exception that is a good strategic choice.
So the key for Democrats is to associate themselves with celebrities you like, such as Ted Nugent. This is not political science you're speaking,

Reactions: hoosboot
More hyperbole. Idiots this idiots that. It’s hard to have a discussion when you ignore the stock market, the unemployment rates, the minority unemployment rates, prison reform, trade efforts, hospital transparency, manufacturing etc. it’s just dumb. There were a hell of a lot of good things happening prior to the virus. If you want to ignore that, fine, but you’re being dishonest. Trump is such a vile guy that some of you can’t separate the results from the guy. Confidence among businesses was sky high going into this year.
Trump's economy is the continuation of Obama's. GDP had been rising since the economy bottomed out in the Great Recession. That continued until Trump was presented with a problem that required actual governance, Then the wheels fell off.

Trump's economy is the continuation of Obama's. GDP had been rising since the economy bottomed out in the Great Recession. That continued until Trump was presented with a problem that required actual governance, Then the wheels fell off.

You need massive amounts of help

You need massive amounts of help
How so? Look at job growth under Obama. It was strong, even in his final years. Markets were overall strong too. Trump inherited all of this. He got the ball on the 10 yard line and carried it across. You can easily look this up.

How so? Look at job growth under Obama. It was strong, even in his final years. Markets were overall strong too. Trump inherited all of this. He got the ball on the 10 yard line and carried it across. You can easily look this up.

His own 10 yard line? I’m leaving this site you guys are the stupidest group of sons of bitches I’ve ever encountered. I didn’t know there was people this thick but I’m done. Enjoy your circle jerk. Rockfish loves eating the cookie

Opposite. And I don’t like Ted nugent.
I don't know what that means. Maybe I misunderstand, but I understood you to say that Democrats should distance themselves from celebrities, then excepted a celebrity from that thesis.

fredgraph.png

Reactions: outside shooter
I don't know what that means. Maybe I misunderstand, but I understood you to say that Democrats should distance themselves from celebrities, then excepted a celebrity from that thesis.
Nugent is an exception because he plays into that psychotic, gun-toting, rugged individualist that is authentic to that part of the Republican Party. He lives on a ranch in the middle of nowhere. The rest of the celebrities come across as shills. I trust you’re aware of the pushback sentiment against celebrities telling “regular” people how to live. Look at the comment section under any article about a celebrity quarantined at home in their 15,000 square foot home.

Another one that projects. You have no idea what I have or don’t have. And who are you to presume I don’t care. You realize prior to the virus we had the lowest unemployment rate in history. Ever thought some folks chose not to get insurance?. Lots of single men I know don’t have it. As for the poor there’s Medicaid. Old Medicare. Every kind of policy imaginable to dirt cheap for only catastrophic to short term to extensive and no deductible. The question of coverage invokes many variables including personal choice. I want everyone to have coverage that wants coverage. I’m not convinced I want the government to be the one to provide it. I’m not a big fan of their stewardship with my money.

I’ll tell you another thing my insurance, if you must know, skyrocketed AFTER Obamacare. And if Obamacare made those with preexisting conditions insurable I’m fine with it going up.
I didn't "project" or "presume" what you have or what you think. I read what you posted, and that tells everyone what you really are.

You did that; not I.

I didn't "project" or "presume" what you have or what you think. I read what you posted, and that tells everyone what you really are.

You did that; not I.
Of course you did. You said the insurance I and trump have. That’s a presumption. When you posted that I hadn’t said a word about my coverage, or if I had coverage. You’re so trapped in your bias you hear things that aren’t there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT