ADVERTISEMENT

Obama inspired the Class of 2020. And the rest of us as well...

Obama is an inspiration. the rest of the celebrities hard pass. the democratic party would do well to distance themselves from hollywood. it didn't do much for them last election. it turns people off.

Yeah, we're all a-holes. :rolleyes:

read the comments from any article about any celebrity and you will see F off comments 10-1. regular people don't want any part of hearing from celebrities about real life - to their credit.

Yeah, all them Hollywood people are a-holes. Wish they could be more like those salt-of-the-earth CPAs and personal injury attorneys. They're all awesome. ;)

Yeah, all them Hollywood people are a-holes. Wish they could be more like those salt-of-the-earth CPAs and personal injury attorneys. They're all awesome. ;)
You must be wearing all white again. I’ll look forward to hearing the kardashians’ endorsement....

You must be wearing all white again. I’ll look forward to hearing the kardashians’ endorsement....

Grey shorts and a blue t-shirt.

I won't look forward to that, but then they aren't all there are in Hollywood. By gosh, there are even some poor, working class folks here. They aren't fine and honorable people like all the CPAs and personal injury attorneys (or that American hero Mike Flynn), but they do have their good days. ;)

Obama is an inspiration. the rest of the celebrities hard pass. the democratic party would do well to distance themselves from hollywood. it didn't do much for them last election. it turns people off.

Who was the last B movie star and/or reality tv star the Democratic Party nominated and elected president? Who are you saying needs to move away from Hollywood?

Grey shorts and a blue t-shirt.

I won't look forward to that, but then they aren't all there are in Hollywood. By gosh, there are even some poor, working class folks here. They aren't fine and honorable people like all the CPAs and personal injury attorneys (or that American hero Mike Flynn), but they do have their good days. ;)
I said celebrities. Like Deniro. He seems to have lots of opinions on politicians and government - despite being a high school drop out. Again, the Democrat party would do well to distance itself from Hollywood celebrities. It turns people off. They know how to pretend and from what I’ve heard from their mouths know little about gov or anything else.

As for your personal injury dig. I have a b.a. in poly sci. A master’s in public administration, and a law degree from Bloomington. I worked in state gov in Ohio and for opportunity clearinghouse and the United way in the hood in the most dangerous city in America. I and many others don’t give two shits about the opinions of high school drop out entertainers. Like Ricky Gervais said, they don’t know a single thing about the real world.

Again, the Dems would do well to distance themselves from celebs.

Who was the last B movie star and/or reality tv star the Democratic Party nominated and elected president? Who are you saying needs to move away from Hollywood?
Trump won on rhetoric not the apprentice. This isn’t hard:

Lower taxes
More jobs
I won’t spend your money abroad
I’ll spend on defense to keep you safe
USA manufacturing
Maga.

Lower taxes
More jobs
USA manufacturing
Maga.

“This isn’t hard”. Idiotic. You know what else isn’t hard? I didn’t say he won because of Hollywood. It obviously wasn’t a hindrance. He won because people are idiots. Hypocritical idiots at that. All the people who voted for him are probably the same people to complain about “Hollywood elite” or however the idiots refer to them.

Anyways, who were you saying needs to distance themselves from Hollywood?

the rest of the celebrities hard pass. the democratic party would do well to distance themselves from hollywood. it didn't do much for them last election. it turns people off.
I don't disagree. The working class heroes and suburban soccer moms that Biden needs to bring back into the fold aren't going to be impressed by movie stars and TV personalities. No harm in receiving their endorsements, but no sense integrating them into your campaign. The cause would be better served by celebs using their money to fund Senate, congressional, and state races.

“This isn’t hard”. Idiotic. You know what else isn’t hard? I didn’t say he won because of Hollywood. It obviously wasn’t a hindrance. He won because people are idiots. Hypocritical idiots at that. All the people who voted for him are probably the same people to complain about “Hollywood elite” or however the idiots refer to them.

Anyways, who were you saying needs to distance themselves from Hollywood?
Huh? No. He won because he promised to lower people’s taxes. He won because he promised businesses deregulation. He won because he promised to bring back manufacturing. He won because he promised cheaper healthcare. He won because he promised to reinforce the military. He won because he promised to get rid of career politicians. And yes, joe blow manufacturing widgets in the rust belt doesn’t want to see Hillary on a stage with Jay Z. Trump knew what people in the swing states cared about, and it sure as hell isn’t celebrity nonsense. He likely also knew he couldn’t deliver on it, but he was smart enough to know what people want - a lesson lost on the Dems.

Yeah, more unfathomable nonsense from that segment of society. I see it all the time, Fox, of course, leading the way..

Laura Ingraham- "Hey Scott Baio,shut up and sing, er dance, er act , er whatever the hell it is you do"...

Huckabee and Varney- irony runs rampant in this one... "Ted Nugent is a great guy"

So celebrities turn people off. But fake celebrity con men don't? And sadly yes the same people that rail about a Springsteen, or John Legend, or Oprah etc... supporting/campaigning for a political candidate have no problem voting for someone whose contributions to public discourse (prior to conning sheep into voting for him) amounted to "You're Fired". And of course, sleeping around on various wives while they were pregnant...

Guess we shouldn't be too shocked that this Presidency has taken on the aura of an Apprentice Boardroom- setting a record for single term dismissals of the people he hired in the first place...

Reactions: hoot1
Huh? No. He won because he promised to lower people’s taxes. He won because he promised businesses deregulation. He won because he promised to bring back manufacturing. He won because he promised cheaper healthcare. He won because he promised to reinforce the military. He won because he promised to get rid of career politicians. And yes, joe blow manufacturing widgets in the rust belt doesn’t want to see Hillary on a stage with Jay Z. Trump knew what people in the swing states cared about, and it sure as hell isn’t celebrity nonsense. He likely also knew he couldn’t deliver on it, but he was smart enough to know what people want - a lesson lost on the Dems.

You know when a POTUS actually wins both the Popular vote AND the Electoral vote, then all this "he won because" reasoning makes sense. But when you lose the Popular vote by the largest margin in 200 yrs- you really do represent a minority of the people who voted...

Yeah, more unfathomable nonsense from that segment of society. I see it all the time, Fox, of course, leading the way..

Laura Ingraham- "Hey Scott Baio,shut up and sing, er dance, er act , er whatever the hell it is you do"...

Huckabee and Varney- irony runs rampant in this one... "Ted Nugent is a great guy"

So celebrities turn people off. But fake celebrity con men don't? And sadly yes the same people that rail about a Springsteen, or John Legend, or Oprah etc... supporting/campaigning for a political candidate have no problem voting for someone whose contributions to public discourse (prior to conning sheep into voting for him) amounted to "You're Fired". And of course, sleeping around on various wives while they were pregnant...

Guess we shouldn't be too shocked that this Presidency has taken on the aura of an Apprentice Boardroom- setting a record for single term dismissals of the people he hired in the first place...

Ted nugent needs to be in a nervous hospital, but was actually a really bad choice on your part. He’s actually a celeb that’s devoted his entire life to a certain core value system that resonates with many redneck republican voters. He’s a celeb exception that is a good strategic choice.

You know when a POTUS actually wins both the Popular vote AND the Electoral vote, then all this "he won because" reasoning makes sense. But when you lose the Popular vote by the largest margin in 200 yrs- you really do represent a minority of the people who voted...

Disagree. He knew the narrative that mattered in the states that would win him the election. Popular is meaningless.

Lower taxes
More jobs
USA manufacturing
Maga.
Well, it's a lot harder if you Trump worshippers don't leave out the campaign point he mentioned the most, which he completely failed to accomplish and which he hasn't talked about since 2017: repeal and replace the affordable care act. He neither repealed it nor replaced it and he sure as hell didn't improve it as he promised.

Sure would be nice to have a better healthcare system right now. But Trump has his and you have yours, so you two see no need to talk about everybody else's healthcare situation.

read the comments from any article about any celebrity and you will see F off comments 10-1. regular people don't want any part of hearing from celebrities about real life - to their credit.
And yet they voted for one....

So, basically you're saying he won by lying and spewing false promises. Yet, you defend him and praise him and attack his opponents.

Well, it's a lot harder if you Trump worshippers don't leave out the campaign point he mentioned the most, which he completely failed to accomplish and which he hasn't talked about since 2017: repeal and replace the affordable care act. He neither repealed it nor replaced it and he sure as hell didn't improve it as he promised.

Sure would be nice to have a better healthcare system right now. But Trump has his and you have yours, so you two see no need to talk about everybody else's healthcare situation.
Obama and trump have left two legacies that will benefit people for decades to come. Trump championed transparency in billing and Obama eliminated exclusions based on pre-existing conditions. For that alone I will always be a fan of Obama.

So, basically you're saying he won by lying and spewing false promises. Yet, you defend him and praise him and attack his opponents.
I’m open-minded enough to recognize that many good things happened under trump. I’m also open-minded enough to recognize that he botched the handling of the virus. I’m shocked by the polarity if so many on this board.

Ted nugent needs to be in a nervous hospital, but was actually a really bad choice on your part. He’s actually a celeb that’s devoted his entire life to a certain core value system that resonates with many redneck republican voters. He’s a celeb exception that is a good strategic choice.
So let me get this straight. Reoublican celebrities are good,,,, the B list ones cause there aren’t any A list. Dem celebrities bad? That about right? It’s the Republicans who actually vote for celebrities for office, from Donnie to Reagan to Sonny Bono to Fred Thompson. When Republicans do actually find celebrity support what do they do? Elevate them to a speaking position in prime time at the convention, ala Clint Eastwood. Their constant whining about shut up and play ball is merely upset that the large majority of celebrities disagree with their platforms. And so please tell what the core platform value system is that Ted Nugent has devoted his entire life to, besides being a foul mouthed gun but who got investigated for threatening Obama. And he’s one of your good guys? Lol

Reactions: Digressions
I’m open-minded enough to recognize that many good things happened under trump. I’m also open-minded enough to recognize that he botched the handling of the virus. I’m shocked by the polarity if so many on this board.

Lots of false promises. Also some promises delivered.
Any policy accomplishments are far overweighed by the damage he's done to the institution of the office. It will take years to recover, if ever.

Reactions: largemouth
Can you name some of the many good things that happened under Trump?

So let me get this straight. Reoublican celebrities are good,,,, the B list ones cause there aren’t any A list. Dem celebrities bad? That about right? It’s the Republicans who actually vote for celebrities for office, from Donnie to Reagan to Sonny Bono to Fred Thompson. When Republicans do actually find celebrity support what do they do? Elevate them to a speaking position in prime time at the convention, ala Clint Eastwood. Their constant whining about shut up and play ball is merely upset that the large majority of celebrities disagree with their platforms. And so please tell what the core platform value system is that Ted Nugent has devoted his entire life to, besides being a foul mouthed gun but who got investigated for threatening Obama. And he’s one of your good guys? Lol
Good Lord you must be wearing all white today too. The amount of mischaracterization that goes on on this board makes posting almost silly. Where did I ever say nugent was one of my good guys? Are you 12? I said he has lived his life in keeping with a segment of the nutjobs that are far right. He lives in the middle of nowhere on a ranch. Rails against govt. screams about his con rights to bear arms etc. I don’t care a thing about him personally.

Can you name some of the many good things that happened under Trump?
Prior to the virus:
Lowest unemployment in 50 years.
Lowest minority unemployment in 50 years.
A concerted effort to bring back manufacturing and success in so doing.
Stock market
Efforts to make equitable trade compacts

On and on.

You are just so closed-minded that you ignore where we were as a country three months ago. Now if you want to debate how much was attributable to trump vs something or someone else that’s fine. But you won’t because you’re in a bubble guided by your hatred for a guy who is admittedly an ahole. But when you are so myopic it’s worthless to discuss anything with you.

Hopefully we'll be able to debate this sooner than later.
Imo the virus will do trump in. Our economy will still be shitty in nov and it’s hard to defend trump on the virus. Imo he’s given up. but for the virus trump would have beaten biden in the same fashion he beat Clinton.

Imo the virus will do trump in. Our economy will still be shitty in nov and it’s hard to defend trump on the virus. Imo he’s given up. but for the virus trump would have beaten biden in the same fashion he beat Clinton.
Perhaps. But that's the hand he was dealt. He was also dealt a winning hand with regards to the economy. I'll give him credit for not farking it up.

I said celebrities. Like Deniro. He seems to have lots of opinions on politicians and government - despite being a high school drop out. Again, the Democrat party would do well to distance itself from Hollywood celebrities. It turns people off. They know how to pretend and from what I’ve heard from their mouths know little about gov or anything else.

As for your personal injury dig. I have a b.a. in poly sci. A master’s in public administration, and a law degree from Bloomington. I worked in state gov in Ohio and for opportunity clearinghouse and the United way in the hood in the most dangerous city in America. I and many others don’t give two shits about the opinions of high school drop out entertainers. Like Ricky Gervais said, they don’t know a single thing about the real world.

Again, the Dems would do well to distance themselves from celebs.

Uh-huh. Can see you like to dish it out, but can't take it. Duly noted. But, who's wearing all white now? And taking the word of...gasp...an entertainer like Ricky Gervais. Maybe if you spent less time crapping on whole groups of people, you could spend less time highlighting the resume points that make your opinion REALLY matter while insisting that other people's are an annoyance

I got no problem with CPAs or personal injury attorneys or folks who worked in state gov in Ohio or any other group. In everyone one of them there are individuals who do good work and those who do bad work....good people and bad people...folks who cruise and folks who bust their ass...even in Hollywood...and even in Missouri and Ohio.

I'm curious as to what you mean by "a certain core value system"? Give me an example- I'm sure I can find something to contradict whatever you claim...

I'm curious as to what you mean by "a certain core value system"? Give me an example- I'm sure I can find something to contradict whatever you claim...
Are you really asking for an example. He’s the poster child for the NRA living on a compound in rural Michigan. That’s a type that has a certain core value system. You don’t need to write a dissertation. Google a pic of him in his yard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT