ADVERTISEMENT

Oakland

Yeah, Fenway is currently the smallest capacity MLB stadium. They've done all they can to maximize seating in that ballpark -- and I'm sure the Red Sox would love to have somewhere closer to 45-50k.

But I also think Congress should pass a law forbidding the Red Sox from ever building a new stadium. As far as I'm concerned, Fenway Park is the single best major sports venue in the country (not counting Augusta National). What that place lacks in virtually everything else that determines a great stadium, it more than makes up for in nostalgia and character.
Have you taken the tour they give? Interesting tidbits and you get to see a lot of behind-the-scenes stuff.

FiL is a huge Oakland sports fan. Loved the Raiders and the A's. He's been heartbroken about all of this.

Oakland couldn't figure out how to keep any of those teams.

Here are a few pics of the Oakland Coliseum from BART this spring. Quite the contrast to what Vegas will look like.

e
I was a huge Raiders fan in HS. I remember the Heidi game. Daryl Lamonica - the Mad Bomber, throwing bombs.

The old AFL was an awesome league.

Reactions: hookyIU1990
I was a huge Raiders fan in HS. I remember the Heidi game. Daryl Lamonica - the Mad Bomber, throwing bombs.

Walking with my wife in her hometown and she's casually mentioning where friends lived while they were growing up, pointing out the houses.

"And that's where the Biletnikoffs lived. The blue house next to it is where my friend Chrissy grew up. You met her at Richard and Lori's house."

Excuse me? Biletnikoff? She had no idea he was a legend. She just knew Fred Jr. was in her brother's class. She'd been there for birthday parties.

• Wow
Reactions: crazed_hoosier2
Walking with my wife in her hometown and she's casually mentioning where friends lived while they were growing up, pointing out the houses.

"And that's where the Biletnikoffs lived. The blue house next to it is where my friend Chrissy grew up. You met her at Richard and Lori's house."

Excuse me? Biletnikoff? She had no idea he was a legend. She just knew Fred Jr. was in her brother's class. She'd been there for birthday parties.

A friend of mine — just within the past couple years — told me a story about his grandfather (who owned many successful race horses) taking him to the stables area at Churchill Downs when he was about 10 years old and introducing him to a friend of his named AJ who drove race cars.

I gave him a puzzled look, googled a picture of AJ Foyt, and said “Was this him?”

Yes!

He had absolutely no idea.

Chargers, baby. Lance Alworth, John Hadl, Keith Lincoln, Paul Lowe.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT