ADVERTISEMENT

NYT: Trump asked Comey to shut down Flynn investigation

There was a letter sent to Trump supporters yesterday that talked about being in the fight of their lives, etc. I'm sure that's normal language, but people have taken it and run with it, saying they are armed and ready to fight for their country, etc.

Considering their relative education and employment status, it's very very scary. In many cases, these people are armed to the teeth.

well right now i much prefer that option to, the risk of having a mentally ill narcissist in command of the armed forces. The longer this drags on, the higher the likelihood trump does something catastrophic. Get the ugly stuff over with now.
I have to believe that Mattis and McMaster and those persons of sound mind like them would be willing to draw the line at "something catastrophic".

well right now i much prefer that option to, the risk of having a mentally ill narcissist in command of the armed forces. The longer this drags on, the higher the likelihood trump does something catastrophic. Get the ugly stuff over with now.
If the 25th is invoked prematurely, without clear, unassailable justification and broad public support, there will be no "over with." The ugly stuff will be permanent.

Reactions: RBB89
The "mental disability" application would be true banana republic stuff. Or Stalinesque. Take your pick.

Another take from Dahlia Lithwick:

So it is essentially guaranteed that the 25th Amendment will not be invoked. And here’s the kicker: It shouldn’t be. Disturbing and shattering as it is that the president cannot read and understand classified security briefings, it does not make him mentally ill. It makes him exactly what many Americans voted for: an incurious self-obsessed man with a middling mind who happened to reach great heights thanks to a perfect storm of privilege, cheating and fame. He isn’t necessarily unfit or unwell, he is the same Donald Trump who won the Oval Office on the unspoken proposition that anyone could do it.

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_...o_the_25th_amendment_is_not_the_solution.html

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT