ADVERTISEMENT

NYT: Nunes memo is attack on Rosenstein.

TheOriginalHappyGoat

Oct 4, 2010
Margaritaville
We've heard that the Nunes memo is conspiracy theory nonsense. Now we know what kind. NYT reports that the memo criticizes Rosenstein for approving an application to extend FISA surveillance on Carter Page, and attempts to portray this decision as a result of the Dossier.

Of course, this is all nonsense. In order to apply for a FISA extension, you have to show the court you are obtaining actual intel from the tap. The Dossier, or any other old news, would be entirely irrelevant.

But Nunes isn't going for accuracy. He's trying to smear the man standing between Trump and Mueller's job security. Gosh, I wonder why he'd do that...

We've heard that the Nunes memo is conspiracy theory nonsense. Now we know what kind. NYT reports that the memo criticizes Rosenstein for approving an application to extend FISA surveillance on Carter Page, and attempts to portray this decision as a result of the Dossier.

Of course, this is all nonsense. In order to apply for a FISA extension, you have to show the court you are obtaining actual intel from the tap. The Dossier, or any other old news, would be entirely irrelevant.

But Nunes isn't going for accuracy. He's trying to smear the man standing between Trump and Mueller's job security. Gosh, I wonder why he'd do that...

Forgot his name, but a D on the senate hearing committee (possibly Warner?) re: Russian interference flat out says that Nunes hasn’t even seen the underlying information that forms the basis for the renewed FISA warrant. And this guy HAS seen it.

How the hell are you going to put a memo out without even considering the sources of information that form the foundation for the actions? And to make it worse, the Info is CLASSIFIED Info, that the DOJ would like to review before it is released.

Unbelievable. After the whole “unmasking” nonsense, you’d think that Nunes would have less support, not more. He’s already proven to be a fraud, and this will be no different.

Either Nunes just doesn’t understand how things work, OR he’s being an obstructionist on behalf of Trump. Given his past behavior, I would think it’s option 1. What is it about the pubs (especially in the House) these days that makes them so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

I never thought I’d see pubs attacking the DOJ- and releasing classified info on false pretenses. It’s crazy.

If Nunes is deliberately and knowingly trying to derail an investigation with false information does he become part of a conspiracy to obstruct justice?

Can he be charged along with the rest of the chuckleheads?

Reactions: Bill4411
Forgot his name, but a D on the senate hearing committee (possibly Warner?) re: Russian interference flat out says that Nunes hasn’t even seen the underlying information that forms the basis for the renewed FISA warrant. And this guy HAS seen it.

How the hell are you going to put a memo out without even considering the sources of information that form the foundation for the actions? And to make it worse, the Info is CLASSIFIED Info, that the DOJ would like to review before it is released.

Unbelievable. After the whole “unmasking” nonsense, you’d think that Nunes would have less support, not more. He’s already proven to be a fraud, and this will be no different.

Either Nunes just doesn’t understand how things work, OR he’s being an obstructionist on behalf of Trump. Given his past behavior, I would think it’s option 1. What is it about the pubs (especially in the House) these days that makes them so susceptible to crazy conspiracy theories?

I never thought I’d see pubs attacking the DOJ- and releasing classified info on false pretenses. It’s crazy.
Because Nunes.

It's actually in the letter from Asst AG Stephen Boyd to Nunes,about why the memo should not be released.Here is the pertinent portion...

"There's a particular line that really stood out at the beginning of the 2nd paragraph on the 2nd page:

Seeking Committee approval of public release would require HPSCI committee members to vote on a staff-drafted memorandum that purports to be based on classified source materials that neither you nor most of them have seen.

Flip back to page 1 and take a look at the notes at the bottom and you'll discover that the people to look at the documents were actually Rep. Trey Gowdy for the majority and Rep. Adam Schiff for the minority. Why not Nunes? I can only speculate but I can't help but wonder if when they worked out the terms with Speaker Ryan, they said something like, "anyone but that White House lapdog and spinner of failed narratives, Nunes."

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1197530/pg1

Gotta admit that speculation seems right on point.And it's interesting to note that Gowdy (who has seen the classified documents) is the one (in the uncustomary role for him) urging caution on the memo's release...

Yesterday: Christopher Wray went to the House and read the notorious memo.

Today: Andrew McCabe resigns effective immediately.

It certainly could be a coincidence.

I'm not hitching anything to anything.

I'm simply pointing out two facts...and saying that their timing could be a coincidence.

There's also this:

So...there were no plans for McCabe to go on Friday. His boss read the memo yesterday. He was forced to resign today.

Still, it could be a coincidence.

Are you saying the act of issuing a FISA warrant, or extension of an old one, means it's a valid warrant? Or are you saying you know this particular warrant or extension is proper?

Because there's nothing else it could be.

You're going to need to elaborate further.

McCabe went from solid ground on Friday to forced out on Monday. That much we know. We also know that the director read the memo yesterday. And we know that the House is voting on whether or not to release the memo.

And you say, as a matter of fact, that this is all just coincidental?

Is it not possible that the memo is damaging to McCabe -- or otherwise presents info that perhaps differed from what McCabe intimated to Wray?

Time will tell, I imagine. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. But the timeline here is, at the very least, curious.

You're going to need to elaborate further.

McCabe went from solid ground on Friday to forced out on Monday. That much we know. We also know that the director read the memo yesterday. And we know that the House is voting on whether or not to release the memo.

And you say, as a matter of fact, that this is all just coincidental?

Is it not possible that the memo is damaging to McCabe -- or otherwise presents info that perhaps differed from what McCabe intimated to Wray?

Time will tell, I imagine. I'm not jumping to any conclusions. But the timeline here is, at the very least, curious.
It's not possible that the memo is damaging to McCabe in a way that would be news to Wray. He would already have known any relevant facts. The only way Wray reading that memo would result in McCabe losing his job is if Nunes is so smart, he puzzled together a conspiracy that was so subtle, no one at DOJ had figured it out. So. Yeah. Impossible.

From what little we know about the memo, the only thing damaged by it will be Nunes' reputation.

Reactions: Digressions
It's not possible that the memo is damaging to McCabe in a way that would be news to Wray. He would already have known any relevant facts. The only way Wray reading that memo would result in McCabe losing his job is if Nunes is so smart, he puzzled together a conspiracy that was so subtle, no one at DOJ had figured it out. So. Yeah. Impossible.

From what little we know about the memo, the only thing damaged by it will be Nunes' reputation.

So what do you think led to this sudden change in direction?

Friday, he good. Monday, he gone.

I think you're presuming a lot to say that Wray was aware of all pertinent facts. I'd say it's entirely possible that he found something he didn't know, checked into it afterwards, and then decided to act as he did.

Didnt Wray say he would resign if the WH fired McCabe?

So what do you think led to this sudden change in direction?

Friday, he good. Monday, he gone.

I think you're presuming a lot to say that Wray was aware of all pertinent facts. I'd say it's entirely possible that he found something he didn't know, checked into it afterwards, and then decided to act as he did.

Didnt Wray say he would resign if the WH fired McCabe?
I get it now. I just checked Twitter. About an hour ago, someone on FNC made the memo-McCabe connection, and now all the MAGAbots are spouting off about it.

I don't know why McCabe is leaving today. But I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with that stupid memo.

You mean C- student Devin Nunes?

“But last week, Nunes grabbed far more headlines than usual. Wednesday, he held an extraordinary, impromptu news conference. President Trump and his associates, Nunes declared, had been caught up in surveillance by US intelligence agencies. Nunes then rushed to the White House to share the information in person. It was a remarkable breach of protocol—one that, like some sort of inverse Magic Eye poster, becomes more confusing the longer you look at it. Further complicating matters is the fact that Nunes was an adviser to Trump's transition team.”

So you don't claim the FISA warrant is valid? Supposedly Nunes claims the warrant is invalid. Seems like you disagree.
Beats me. I mean, I suspect that the memo's description of the original process is utter nonsense, simply because I suspect the entire memo is nonsense, but I was more concerned with the fact that Nunes would use this as a line of attack against Rosenstein. That's just patently ridiculous. The surveillance had been approved and extended once before Rosenstein was even on the job.

I get it now. I just checked Twitter. About an hour ago, someone on FNC made the memo-McCabe connection, and now all the MAGAbots are spouting off about it.

I don't know why McCabe is leaving today. But I am 100% sure it has nothing to do with that stupid memo.

Well, first, I didn't get this from Twitter. I saw the adjacent headlines on Drudge and it didn't exactly require a tinfoil hat to wonder -- not conclude, but wonder -- if this wasn't a coincidence. For somebody to go from in to out over the course of a weekend pretty much requires one to consider what happened over the weekend that prompted the shift.

You're jumping to a conclusion without even having a complete set of information -- because Nunes.

Reactions: Joe_Hoopsier
That’s rich.... the left concerned about law enforcement....
The person in charge of a gigantic investigation, a lifelong republican and well respected law enforcement official, is being attacked for supposedly conspiring against Donald Trump. And it’s not Democrats attacking him.

I honestly don’t even know why you’re here other than to make smart ass comments against those damn liberals.

The person in charge of a gigantic investigation, a lifelong republican and well respected law enforcement official, is being attacked for supposedly conspiring against Donald Trump. And it’s not Democrats attacking him.

I honestly don’t even know why you’re here other than to make smart ass comments against those damn liberals.

Awwwe... RB is concerned about a Republican... and why are you speaking to me? You never answer questions anyway....

Just so I’m clear, it’s your philosophy to never hold anyone else accountable for doing a poor job, because Hillary Clinton also did a poor job?

It's become blatantly apparent that Devin Nunes is a total clown, who should never have been given the position that he currently holds.

Look RB...how is making a statement that Devin Nunes is a total Clown holding someone responsible for their job? You can be angry and indignant all you want. The fact is, you and many others read posts on here with rose colored glasses and see what you want to see. That’s fine... all I see is a bunch of back slapping, ego massaging going on here.... as intellectual as you want to believe everyone is on here..... well....people have their own opinions about that

Well, first, I didn't get this from Twitter. I saw the adjacent headlines on Drudge and it didn't exactly require a tinfoil hat to wonder -- not conclude, but wonder -- if this wasn't a coincidence. For somebody to go from in to out over the course of a weekend pretty much requires one to consider what happened over the weekend that prompted the shift.

You're jumping to a conclusion without even having a complete set of information -- because Nunes.
Not only because Nunes. I already explained part of my reasoning. But yes, Nunes being Nunes doesn't help.

You are also only exposing yourself to selective reporting. Shortly after the story he was forced out, others began to report it was a mutual decision in response to the fact Wray wanted his own team.

Shortly after the story he was forced out, others began to report it was a mutual decision in response to the fact Wray wanted his own team.
I suspect Wray was sick and tired of eating shit over McCabe, and McCabe was tired of it being slung at him.

McCabe had already let it be known he was leaving in March once he qualified for his full pension. They worked out a deal and sped that process up.

I suspect Wray was sick and tired of eating shit over McCabe, and McCabe was tired of it being slung at him.

McCabe had already let it be known he was leaving in March once he qualified for his full pension. They worked out a deal and sped that process up.
That's my read, too. I figured Wray was doing McCabe a solid by finding a way to get him out of town a little early and still get his full retirement.

And of course House GOP votes to release the Nunes Memo but not the Schiff response. Because apparently it's only okay to compromise sensitive intelligence if it furthers a Republican partisan cause.

And of course House GOP votes to release the Nunes Memo but not the Schiff response. Because apparently it's only okay to compromise sensitive intelligence if it furthers a Republican partisan cause.

So that is why Schiff had his panties in a wad earlier. I had to leave and couldn't tell why.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT