ADVERTISEMENT

NY LOL

Your mantra...

tenor.gif

Reactions: mcmurtry66
After all...this has been all about Cuomo and ny since the jump. He has been portrayed as a hero in part because he was being compared side by side to the Trump shitshow, but history will dull that shine a bit.

Cuomo and De Blasio have done a great job. Ask people with family in Nursing Homes in NY. Tremendous job if the objective is killing the elderly. Of course it’s Trump’s fault. He didn’t get Cuomo enough respirators.

Cuomo and De Blasio have done a great job. Ask people with family in Nursing Homes in NY. Tremendous job if the objective is killing the elderly. Of course it’s Trump’s fault. He didn’t get Cuomo enough respirators.

Interesting fun fact: Daviess County, Indiana has three times as many Covid 19 deaths per capita as the state of New York.

The federal government definitely is to blame for an extreme lack of coordination for supplies. Like PPE. The federal government’s role in a crisis is to quarterback getting needed medical supplies to the states. Because they didn’t take it seriously, and decided that a free for all is the best way for every state to get what they need, the federal government has failed miserably.

Do you really think the federal government has done a great job in terms of well, anything related to the pandemic? If so, please share why. I’m curious what sources of information tell you they’ve done well. Please post links as well.

It’s been incompetence, indifference and flat out grift that has driven their response. And above all else, concern for the upcoming election. Which has lead to wildly inconsistent messaging, and ultimately will put us in a place where our death totals will likely double.

If you step up and do the right things, politics takes care of itself. Great leaders lead. This president has ran. And blamed. This president and his bunch have never done anything the right way, so there’s no chance this was going to go well.

Interesting fun fact: Daviess County, Indiana has three times as many Covid 19 deaths per capita as the state of New York.

That’s going to be the case in many small, rural areas. Especially those around meat packing plants, prisons & other large industries that have folks working in close proximity to one another.

Get ready for a massive spike nationwide- it’s already happening when you remove NY’s #’s.

Reactions: mcmurtry66
This not for profit is providing services for free using donations and no government reimbursement. NY taxes their workers. Makes sense.

Of course this is Christian organization that someone like you despises.
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/field-hospital-opens-in-new-york-citys-central-park/
https://www.samaritanspurse.org/article/field-hospital-opens-in-new-york-citys-central-park/
No one hates Christian organizations. People hate hypocrites and a$$holes. Unfortunately far to many people and organizations who profess to be "Christian(s) fall into one it both buckets. Kind of like those who wave the flag the most.

Now lemme get this straight. "Volunteer" health care providers are being lured to New York by huge salaries and free accommodations (we've discussed this before) and people are objecting to them paying NY state income tax on those wages? What make these people any different than the NY residents they're working alongside?

These people are "volunteers" only in the sense that they chose willingly to come to NY and make great money, and yes, while doing heroic work.

That’s going to be the case in many small, rural areas. Especially those around meat packing plants, prisons & other large industries that have folks working in close proximity to one another.

Get ready for a massive spike nationwide- it’s already happening when you remove NY’s #’s.
The numbers will spike as non-essentials and asymptomatics are allowed to be tested, dimwit.

Now lemme get this straight. "Volunteer" health care providers are being lured to New York by huge salaries and free accommodations (we've discussed this before) and people are objecting to them paying NY state income tax on those wages? What make these people any different than the NY residents they're working alongside?

These people are "volunteers" only in the sense that they chose willingly to come to NY and make great money, and yes, while doing heroic work.
States like NY have to carry the federal tax burden so rust belt states can spend and then point the finger later. Ironic this has to be explained to a tax professional.

Wv33oGi.png

Far cry from 18K

Reactions: stollcpa
States like NY have to carry the federal tax burden so rust belt states can spend and then point the finger later. Ironic this has to be explained to a tax professional.

Piss poor excuse for their financial problems. Manage their damn state better.

NY don’t keep their state taxes collected? Check out their rates sometime.

You don’t have one ounce of knowledge that I need.

Reactions: dbmhoosier
Piss poor excuse for their financial problems. Manage their damn state better.

NY don’t keep their state taxes collected? Check out their rates sometime.

You don’t have one ounce of knowledge that I need.

You're angry and butthurt all the time. Why?

I am not checking the exact numbers right now but I think almost of the cases and deaths are in one Nursing Home in Odon Indiana.

If you’re trying to make some impression on me regarding where I live, come to Washington Indiana Monday and we can talk. I am allowing clients in my office now so your welcome. I can add my address and phone number if you like.

You could come tomorrow but I burying my 82 yearold Dad. The final time he was able to talk to me Monday evening he said “make sure they don’t list COVID19 as a cause of my death. I don’t want to be a number on the death counters”. And no he didn’t die of COVID19 except maybe he did. When we didn’t allow him to continue his taxi service to the Amish and forced him to stay in the house four weeks ago his Congestive Heart Failure killed him quickly.

Someone is a smartass to me, I return the favor. Lot of those on here.
Ignore her. She’s a hypocrite. Constantly taking personal attacks at people. Just an angry person and lacks the depth to see her own irony.

Sorry to hear about your pop. That’s really crummy.

I am not checking the exact numbers right now but I think almost of the cases and deaths are in one Nursing Home in Odon Indiana.

If you’re trying to make some impression on me regarding where I live, come to Washington Indiana Monday and we can talk. I am allowing clients in my office now so your welcome. I can add my address and phone number if you like.

You could come tomorrow but I burying my 82 yearold Dad. The final time he was able to talk to me Monday evening he said “make sure they don’t list COVID19 as a cause of my death. I don’t want to be a number on the death counters”. And no he didn’t die of COVID19 except maybe he did. When we didn’t allow him to continue his taxi service to the Amish and forced him to stay in the house four weeks ago his Congestive Heart Failure killed him quickly.
My condolences, Stoll. God bless.

Sorry for your loss, Stoll

Sorry to hear about your dad, best to you and your family.

You could come tomorrow but I burying my 82 yearold Dad. [...] When we didn’t allow him to continue his taxi service to the Amish and forced him to stay in the house four weeks ago his Congestive Heart Failure killed him quickly.
Sorry Stoll. That's tough. Mine died an ugly death (stroke) a few years ago. If your mom is still around, she'll need your help. Stay healthy for her.

Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1
NY has to be the worst state to live in. Our property taxes are almost $12k on a $400k house. The schools look horrendous compared to the schools in IN. The roads have more pot holes in them than I can count. I think it was Sen Rick Scott who put King Andy in his place by saying FL has 2M more people than NY but a budget half that of NY. Please libs tell me why that is. Total dumpster fire of state.

Hey, man, condolences on your father's passing. Now I understand your emotional posting. Hang in there. Best to you and your family.

Reactions: stollcpa and 76-1

Sorry to hear about your father.

I'm sorry for your loss. My father is also 82 and in the ICU with congestive heart failure. I understand how you feel.

Prayers to you and your family.

sorry to hear

I'm also having a hard time understanding where the outrage is coming from. It's not like he's punishing these people. I mean, I could see some level of frustration with him using them as a bargaining chip - "Hey, we'll do a special favor for these awesome folks, but you have to help us pay for it!" - but that's not really outrage-worthy.

Very sorry for your loss, stoll. Some advice: make it a point to think about him regularly. Never forget to do this. The world can take him from you, and you have no say in the matter, but it can't take your memories of him away if you don't let it.

I'm also having a hard time understanding where the outrage is coming from. It's not like he's punishing these people. I mean, I could see some level of frustration with him using them as a bargaining chip - "Hey, we'll do a special favor for these awesome folks, but you have to help us pay for it!" - but that's not really outrage-worthy.
Pay close attention to how this is being "sold". These people are being called "volunteers". That may give the impression that they're unpaid or at least low paid, and Cuomo is some kind of asshole for trying to tax them. The truth is that these people were offered outrageous amounts of money, on the order of $10K a week (I questioned that figure at the time, and was shown where I was wrong). Mercenaries or hired guns may be the wrong words to use, but it's not like they went there for purely altruistic reasons.

Pay close attention to how this is being "sold". These people are being called "volunteers". That may give the impression that they're unpaid or at least low paid, and Cuomo is some kind of asshole for trying to tax them. The truth is that these people were offered outrageous amounts of money, on the order of $10K a week (I questioned that figure at the time, and was shown where I was wrong). Mercenaries or hired guns may be the wrong words to use, but it's not like they went there for purely altruistic reasons.
That's very true, but I was at first struck by the fact that the initiative is being presented backwards, as well. It's being portrayed as though they wouldn't pay taxes by default, and he's threatening to levy a special tax on them, which is exactly wrong. Rather, they would pay taxes by default (as anyone who has ever worked across state lines should know), and he's simply saying he's not going to confer upon them a special exemption.

Reactions: largemouth

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Randy. Sounds like he led a full life, and that you'll have a lifetime of memories to treasure and gain comfort from. All the best to you and your family. Go Hoosiers...

Sorry for your loss, Stoll.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT