ADVERTISEMENT

Now it’s the offense.

I wondered why David Ellis wasn't playing, as he is a speed guy. The announcer just said he was hurt. I didn't know that.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Well the review gave our defense a little more rest, plus we ate a little more clock before we finally scored.

It’s all related to Sheridan. These guys aren’t prepared.

Hey Coach Urban Meyer, are you ready to come out of the TV booth and come run the offense? You seem to be such a genius we need you. (Oh yeah, you’re just a bigIU critic on a fan board). Sorry

The offense got off to a terrible start, but they were pretty good after 1st quarter. Norwah is a weak link on the line. That guy just gets abused. Bedford was our best lineman yesterday, and I thought Powell was solid as was the center.

Through two games, we're looking good in national red zone statistics---12 for 12 (4 TDs on the ground, 4 TDs on passes, 4FGs).

Since it's been determined by the board collective brain trust that Sheridan can't coach...; I wonder which Grad-Asst is responsible for those shiny stats??? <that's sarcasm> ;-). :)

One of the Big Ten commentators, I think it was the the Final Drive, said he took a little off his throws in the second half and made his throws more catchable. The guy does have a cannon for a left arm.
I didn't see Penix take anything off his passes except on the short throws in the end zone to Hendershot. I think the BTN announcers are just looking for something to comment on.

I believe we suffer from November expectation syndrome. We expect teams to be better because normally they've played a bunch of games by now.
To this point we've played two games and won both. I think we keep getting better. Got to stay realistic. COVID hurt O much more than D. No excuse but reality is timing is off around the league. Look at the turnovers. Since we didn't turn it over Saturday I believe we're ahead of the curve.
Anyone see it differently?
Go Hoosiers!

We could have put up 50 in that game with DeBoer. Sheridan is way too predictable. Dive up the middle on every 1st down. We use any kind of trickery at all.
Got a bunch of guys injured and we've played two games without the chance to get the full playbook in. I agree we've been vanilla but I believe we'll see some creativity against UM if we get Marshal and Ellis back. I'm guessing spicy plays have been put in for better athletes. Just speculating. Thoughts? Go Hoosiers!

Reactions: 76-1 and TMFT
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT