ADVERTISEMENT

Notes on former CKW

“Perhaps we’ll finally get to the bottom of the end of the Wilson tenure.”

Did not know this was still mysterious LOL.

The Hitler comment (if, in fact, Zander's allegation is true) is beyond the pale. If Wilson made the comment, he's an even bigger a-hole than I thought.

Reactions: IUgradman
The Hitler comment (if, in fact, Zander's allegation is true) is beyond the pale. If Wilson made the comment, he's an even bigger a-hole than I thought.

He's (CKW) O$U's problem now...

Zander is just more than a little slow on the trigger with his outrage over that comment... (whoever made it)...

Who knows...,with his belated, cryptic, beat around the bush, approach Zander may well be referring to a former assistant.

Disappointing to read about, whoever said it...

Zander is just more than a little slow on the trigger with his outrage over that comment... (whoever made it)...
Slow, perhaps, but any outrage is certainly understandable. I'm Christian and I'm offended. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Diamont or any other Jewish player to hear such an incendiary comment.

I'm more disappointed in Diamont's decision to bring it up. Nothing good can come from his decision to bring it out on Twitter.

Furthermore, "one of my coaches" is vague and sweeps the entire staff under the table.

I'm more disappointed in Diamont's decision to bring it up. Nothing good can come from his decision to bring it out on Twitter.

Furthermore, "one of my coaches" is vague and sweeps the entire staff under the table.
At the end of the article he indicates he'll be participating in a podcast where he'll give his comments context. And, as RBB said, he's already indicated that the current coaching staff isn't implicated.

And I'm glad Diamont brought it up. If someone was stupid enough to say something like that, they should be outed and deal with the consequences.

While I disagree with the sentiments supposedly expressed by a former coach, this is an example of a comment that should remain in the locker room. The former player's veiled comment, followed by an announcement of an upcoming podcast in which more will be revealed, suggests the purpose of this revelation is attention/marketing rather than airing of a serious grievance.

Slow, perhaps, but any outrage is certainly understandable. I'm Christian and I'm offended. I can't imagine what it must have been like for Diamont or any other Jewish player to hear such an incendiary comment.

Any rational human would be offended by such a comment but my point was why wait two or three years to bring it up??

While it's not going to work out well for whoever said it as "cover"..., I'd want to know the context in which it was said before I'd go full mob mentality on whoever said it...

Point being (and this Doesn't excuse it): Was it a guy out on a practice field in 95 degree weather just yelling stupid sh.. to try to get his players going hard for another 20 min? Was it this coaches idea of low humor? Etc..., so on...

Like I said, none of the above "excuses" the comment but I'd want to know if the guy in question just had no filter on his idea of humor or motivation tactics, versus whether he really believed in a statement like that...

The good news is that Zander has stated that the coach in question is no longer with the program (and that may very well be why)...

Last edited:
I'd venture to guess ZD is displaying fake outrage again. Anybody remember he wanted to kick Dakich's ass for calling him a quitter? Lol

I'd venture to guess ZD is displaying fake outrage again. Anybody remember he wanted to kick Dakich's ass for calling him a quitter? Lol

And yet Dakich (after trashing KW personally since his first season) then trashed FG for firing KW. Danny has trouble keeping track of his rants and racists then gets confused.

Glass wasn't blowing any smoke when he stated there wasn't one single thing with Wilson. There were several and over a period of years it just adds up. The Hitler comment was ignorant, but to what context was it stated? Not defending CKW in anyway, but we don't know the whole convo. Should he have chosen a different leader to reference? Probably, but it was a body of work with Wilson more than anything. He had different philosophies than Glass on many things including public and locker room conduct. A change was needed and it was made.

As for Crean that revelation by Jefferies should not be a shock to anyone. Crean and his agent were, and still are, notorious for floating rumors to secure his tenure and up his contract. Crean isn't stupid. He knows that he is a flawed coach so he does what is necessary. It's a smoke and mirrors game and he's bilked 3 universities out of millions by doing so. They are also good at getting articles written on their behalf that can sway the public a bit. And like Wilson, Crean needed to go and he was replaced.

And yet Dakich (after trashing KW personally since his first season) then trashed FG for firing KW. Danny has trouble keeping track of his rants and racists then gets confused.
What does that have to do with my post?
I'd venture to guess you're clueless.
Care to elaborate? Yeah, I'm not buying a former player's tweet, who quit football due to concussions and then challenges someone (Dakich) to a cage fight (also on twitter). ZD probably got into his liquor cabinet again. (Both times)

Who knows what anonymous coach made what outrageous comments at a football practice a few years ago. But what is clear from the Durkin situation at Maryland is a team atmosphere where 100+ players can stand idly by while teammates are mentally and physically abused to the point of death and still be afraid to say anything.

I can see Jewish kids more than others, but any & every American, or living human person for that matter, should be offended by that comment.

Reactions: vesuvius13
Well, yeah! To complement Hitler for any reason at anytime in front of anyone should be taken as offensive, by everyone.

Reactions: vesuvius13
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT