ADVERTISEMENT

Note to Pork Chop....

jimmygoiu

All-American
Sep 5, 2001
Pork Chop's transfer comments regarding Eastern/Haarms vs. Archie's comments on Smith.

Note to Matt Painter:
Archie's comments regarding Smith is how you handle a player transferring. That's what class looks like.

Reactions: baileyiu
What Painter said wasn't wrong. That said, he should have waited a week or so before talking about it on a radio show. He was obviously still stinging and said more than he likely would have after he calmed down.

Fortunately for him, @DanDakich's radio show is pretty much local and the numbers aren't significant.

Archie handled it well, but to be fair he only got hit once.

Pork Chop's transfer comments regarding Eastern/Haarms vs. Archie's comments on Smith.

Note to Matt Painter:
Archie's comments regarding Smith is how you handle a player transferring. That's what class looks like.

You forgot to add “broilees” in your statement, my favorite insult ever.

After PorkChop savaged Eastern/Haarms on the dakich show for leaving school, the broilees have already reached out for JSmith. broilee hypocrites
Except he didn't savage them? He wants what's best for them and thinks eastern left more on the table than can be gained by transferring.

Reactions: theboilerbabe
Except he didn't savage them? He wants what's best for them and thinks eastern left more on the table than can be gained by transferring.
Oh, he must think Smith playing for Purdue is “what’s best for him”, huh? Can’t wait to see your reaction after several 1-11 games from Justin from behind the arc.:p

What Painter said wasn't wrong. That said, he should have waited a week or so before talking about it on a radio show. He was obviously still stinging and said more than he likely would have after he calmed down.

Fortunately for him, @DanDakich's radio show is pretty much local and the numbers aren't significant.

Archie handled it well, but to be fair he only got hit once.
How do you about him reaching out to Justin?

Oh, he must think Smith playing for Purdue is “what’s best for him”, huh? Can’t wait to see your reaction after several 1-11 games from Justin from behind the arc.:p
I highly doubt he would take 11 threes a game. Did you listen to the interview or just read quotes?

Did you pay up on your bet that Pu would make the 2020 tourney? They were not getting in by any objective measure.
The only objective measure is winning your conference. All other invitations are subjective. And that makes you 100% correct, probably not in the way you intended but correct nonetheless.

The only objective measure is winning your conference. All other invitations are subjective. And that makes you 100% correct, probably not in the way you intended but correct nonetheless.

Good point Tubby, let me reword that:

Did you pay up on your bet that Pu would make the 2020 tourney? They were not getting in by any available objective assessment by knowledgeable parties.

Edward Smith approves this message.

Oh, by the way, what’s your opinion on Painter reaching out to Smith right after he got done ripping Haarms? Pretty hypocritical, huh?

He ripped Haarms for not improving his situation. Cited playing against weaker competition. Quitting because he didn’t want to compete. Smith’s situation is very different. The IU fan base has pretty much wanted him gone. He put his name in. Gave his coaches time to change his mind. He’s decided to transfer. More along the lines of a “normal” transfer.

Reactions: theboilerbabe
Edward Smith approves this message.

Oh, by the way, what’s your opinion on Painter reaching out to Smith right after he got done ripping Haarms? Pretty hypocritical, huh?
Hahaha! Purdue wants to replace one player that can't shoot with another player who can't shoot and doesnt play hard all the time. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Tasmanian Devil
He ripped Haarms for not improving his situation. Cited playing against weaker competition. Quitting because he didn’t want to compete. Smith’s situation is very different. The IU fan base has pretty much wanted him gone. He put his name in. Gave his coaches time to change his mind. He’s decided to transfer. More along the lines of a “normal” transfer.
Lol

Tell yourself whatever you need to do you can justify Pork Chop’s hypocrisy.

Reactions: jimmygoiu
Good point Tubby, let me reword that:

Did you pay up on your bet that Pu would make the 2020 tourney? They were not getting in by any available objective assessment by knowledgeable parties.
Some believed that two tourney wins put Purdue in. Hard to say they were a lock to miss it. Also, the NCAA still recognizes Purdue has having one of the longer active NCAA tourney streaks, so they technically didn't miss it. Lol I do think they had to win 2, which was very possible.

Purdue doesn’t really care about basketball success. They care about beating Indiana. That’s their life’s mission.

Always fun to beat IU but I’d always trade losing to you in exchange for a deep tourney run. Beating you has just been so easy lately that it’s simply expected these days. Like Dickie V said, “It’s no longer a rivalry. It’s a mismatch.”

Purdue doesn’t really care about basketball success. They care about beating Indiana. That’s their life’s mission.

The W over IU is all that is required for a successful season on that campus and among their alumni. They were not going to make the tourney last season and yet they are thrilled with the outcome.

Always fun to beat IU but I’d always trade losing to you in exchange for a deep tourney run. Beating you has just been so easy lately that it’s simply expected these days. Like Dickie V said, “It’s no longer a rivalry. It’s a mismatch.”
With the experience of Purdue's Purdue's juniors and sophomores in addition of the good newcomers, I think this mismatch is going to continue. Throw in Purdue's defense, I don't see any IU domination coming anytime soon. It's been over 1500 days since the last IU victory over Purdue and still counting.

Last edited:
Reactions: PurdueSteve
The W over IU is all that is required for a successful season on that campus and among their alumni. They were not going to make the tourney last season and yet they are thrilled with the outcome.
What would you expect from a fan base whose 2 most revered names are a dropout, Rick Mount, and a crook, John Wooden. And the cherry on top is they named their court after the one that put them on probation. Can you say Vacated Wins?

Major stretch to say the fan base was thrilled with last season. Ranked preseason and finished likely needing a lot of things to go right in the conference tournaments to get in the big tournament isn’t something to be thrilled about. Keep making things up though.

As for the rivalry, it must suck to pretend you guys don’t want to win in that series. Top 3 rivalry in college basketball yet some of you like to claim it’s only important for one side. That’s comical!

Major stretch to say the fan base was thrilled with last season. Ranked preseason and finished likely needing a lot of things to go right in the conference tournaments to get in the big tournament isn’t something to be thrilled about. Keep making things up though.

As for the rivalry, it must suck to pretend you guys don’t want to win in that series. Top 3 rivalry in college basketball yet some of you like to claim it’s only important for one side. That’s comical!

Link to me or anyone else saying IU fans "don't want to win in that series"?? IU fans want to win all games including our top in-state rival. That said, this rivalry is 75% driven by PU fans and their obsession with all things IU...own it.

To me, the KY series is far more important than the PU series which is why it's absence sucks so badly.

Reactions: CriticArisen
To me, the KY series is far more important than the PU series which is why it's absence sucks so badly.
I understand your point, but it's hard for me to pick one over the other. Big national rivalry vs. a B1G and instate rivalry... I think they're both huge.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT